CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I don't understand, is Champion not a classification of Onyx? Why won't this game match me with Onyx players?

And running team based playlists is honestly boring with the likelihood of you getting bad teammates or a to4 on the other side. The maps also suck.

So now I can't play the only playlist I want to, which in itself is not even that good. If FFA is this empty so soon after launch, I sincerely doubt they're going to make extra playlists work, especially after Blops 3 drops. Even yesterday, almost all of my games had 5-6 of the same people as the last game did.

I'm done with the game for now, I'm going back to fucking Runescape in the meantime.

Yeah, pretty sure that's just you

I got a game in less than 5 seconds...

That's because of the popularity of esports nowadays, not because of how good h5 is.

What that the mechanics are better than vanilla H2/h3/Reach? Sure, but who cares? It's still miles ahead of those games when they started out. 

H2 in '07 had an update that fixed the spread accidentally, Melees, etc. I forgot what h3 fixed but I remember that game in the beginning being hot garbage and H4 Post patch didn't get any better as it still had spread.

Are you really saying H5 wont have any weapon patches that can potentially change the gameplay and strategies? Or map changes? Come on they literally made sure they have a way to patch weapons really well in this game for a reason. A better comparison would be pre patch H2 MLG settings which was dog shit because the game was hot garbage, H3 pre patch was bad as well and H4 pre patch wasn't any good either

It doesn't matter. We're not in control, so to say that the game is going to turn out as good as it possibly can is being obtuse. If we want to turn off radar/sprint/thrust, use adjusted damage settings, and play with better community-forged maps, tough shit. Not our call.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Destiny was at 35k. Granted ToO started again today. This game didn't even hit 35k on launch day.

Thats because of the streamer. 90% of the time if Destiny is high up, either Bungie itself is streaming or Gothalion.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Nah, even just after sprinting or thrusting it takes a couple of seconds for me to be able to sprint

Thruster has a cool down IIRC so I can see that being the reason. Idk about sprint though 

What that the mechanics are better than vanilla H2/h3/Reach? Sure, but who cares? It's still miles ahead of those games when they started out. 

Miles ahead how?

Thruster has a cool down IIRC so I can see that being the reason. Idk about sprint though

Is sprint always instantenous for you?

One streamer has 7600 viewers in MW3. Further proves my point. Streamers matter.

Yeah but painting has 62,000 viewers. Are you telling me that the Bob Ross stream affects that? I need some proof.

Are weapon skins only for Warzone?

No, all modes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah but painting has 62,000 viewers. Are you telling me that the Bob Ross stream affects that? I need some proof.

No, all modes.

WTF 343 SRSLY BOB ROSS GETS MOAR VIEWERS WOW PAINTING HAS A HIGHER SKILL GAP GG HALO 5 IS LESS HALO THAN PAINTING.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

All the negativity has me seriously depressed. This straight up feels like a decent game that is fun and competitive out of the box, and yet its just getting shit on by the community. Tournaments that you can actually go to seem to be a thing of the past as well.

The community straight up is the only reason I even stuck with halo 2 and 3. Now not even that is there.....but the game itself is good. What irony. 

I watch these pros just grinding for hours and seemingly in love with the game, then come on here and see people begging for nerfs/buffs and more horrible forge maps. 

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This may be a dumb question, but can someone tell me when the brackets for the Astro 2v2 tournament that starts tomorrow will be announced? Will they just appear on the team profile page? Is this also where you will report match scores? I assumed they'd be up by now since there are no open slots, I'm just making sure I haven't overlooked something.

All the negativity has me seriously depressed. This straight up feels like a decent game that is fun and competitive out of the box, and yet its just getting shit on by the community. Tournaments that you can actually go to seem to be a thing of the past as well.

The community straight up is the only reason I even stuck with halo 2 and 3. Now not even that is there.....but the game itself is good. What irony.

I watch these pros just grinding for hours and seemingly in love with the game, then come on here and see people begging for nerfs/buffs and more horrible forge maps.

Those who are unhappy about something tend to be far lounder than those who are happy.

This thread shows that that most seem to be enjoying the game: http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/10772-do-you-like-halo-5-guardians/?do=findComment&comment=596491

Basically vocal minority. For the most part H5 is being received fairly well.

Doesn't take rocket science to figure out that the game would play better with a 4SK Pistol, Faster Power Weapons/Powerups etc 

However, there is a difference between being constructive and being a total ass if that is what you're trying to get at.

WTF 343 SRSLY BOB ROSS GETS MOAR VIEWERS WOW PAINTING HAS A HIGHER SKILL GAP GG HALO 5 IS LESS HALO THAN PAINTING.

Bob Ross has  legit 50 in Halo 2 #fact

All the negativity has me seriously depressed. This straight up feels like a decent game that is fun and competitive out of the box, and yet its just getting shit on by the community.

I won't lie, I'm in the same boat as you. I'm seriously in love with this game, and have been a little "wary" of coming here over the past few days, mainly because there's A LOT of negativity about the game, which does indeed bother me.

I wish 343i would punish quitters harshly. 15-30 minute timeout, and get demoted. I literally can't comprehend on how 343i hasn't fixed this problem yet.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wow. You are not kidding. I wonder how stream viewership relates to game popularity?

A shit ton. They literally have opinion control of nearly every gamer 18 and below. Their followers are no joke.

People aren't saying the game is necessarily bad they are just saying what needs to be done to improve it. There's no point in going "OMG 343 BEST GAYME EVURRRR <3 <3 ITS PURFECT". We just want the game to be the best it can be. If criticism stops you from playing the game then idk what to tell you.

• Upvote (+1) 4