CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I have TWC and I have had zero issues. I guess based Halo has been on my side the past 3 days

I would love to know whose idea it was to have all the playlists be ranked. Can't play anything (aside from swat) without being shit on by to3 or to4. This is beyond frustrating. Also cant even play with some of my friends because they are much worse than me. I get annoyed form losing and they get annoyed because they get destroyed. 

They wanted less playlists to lower search times, again, they are scared of another population drop. They also want players playing their new game modes and those alone. 

Do some of you think they delayed BTB for a reason other than most of their BTB maps will be Forge maps and they delayed Forge so people would only play in the playlists and not mess around in customs? They want people funneled into these very few playlists for a reason. 

Lol i cant wait to see him shit on halo 4 when 6 comes out, RUL is cancer

What I imagine happens after these reviews come out.

tumblr_lg8v3lQPcQ1qcpnc9o1_500.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

High sticky aim has its own sets of problems. It's not exactly a miracle solution.

The problems are nowhere near as detrimental.

They wanted less playlists to lower search times, again, they are scared of another population drop. They also want players playing their new game modes and those alone. 

Do some of you think they delayed BTB for a reason other than most of their BTB maps will be Forge maps and they delayed Forge so people would only play in the playlists and not mess around in customs? They want people funneled into these very few playlists for a reason. 

I'm not talking about the number of playlists. I'm talking about the fact that they are all ranked. I'd rather only have the team arena playlist ranked than have every playlist ranked. Whoever came up with the idea of making them all ranked is a true genius. 

The problems are nowhere near as detrimental.

True but I feel like you shouldn't be able to home in on someone with sticky aim when your reticule is 4 feet away. If we have high aim assist and low mag I hope they don't make a 20 foot radius for it lol

If people want more missed shots, the weapon in question needs to kill much faster than the H5 pistol. An easy to use weapon where the average kill times are very close to the minimal kill times but has a pretty quick time to kill is not great (BR) but neither is a hard to use weapon where the minimal kill times are slow and the average kill times are even slower. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I got to 50 in MLG playlist 100% solo. 

Same here, although it took almost 500+ games to do it. Does anyone ever see a trend with comments like this. Pride issues aside.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, ever ever ever references what their Halo Reach season X rank was. 

Nobody ever references what there Halo 4 rank was (lol, especially not at launch). Something tells me that 5-10 years from now, nobody will ever reference what there Halo 5 rank was. H2 pre/post patch and H3 ranks will always be the benchmark/standard by which players will be judged. Sure Halo 3 certainly had it's flaws, and it seemed like everybody and there mother could get a 50, but a 50 in MLG? Solo? Aside from being a professional at this game, which constitutes probably 0.0001% of the Halo community, that's a differentiator. 

As nice as these "seasonal" and "division" ranks sound, and as much as the current community seems content with it being the metric to measure player against player, the debates from 5 years ago are evidently long forgotten. It is essentially what started the demise of Halo, while in Bungie's hands. H2/H3 ranking system IS the ideal ranking system that should be tweaked. Not completely overhauled into something that just flat out doesn't work. Seriously, a game in 2004 delivered a ranking system and matchmaking system (player skill vs. player skill) better than anything that 343 can muster despite all of the support and all of the resources from everything that Microsoft can throw at 343.

Do people assume that 343 is guiding their ship on a standard budget? Look at the console war sales figures. PS4 is outselling the Xbox One 2:1. Halo, as defined by Phil Spencer, is Xbox. He has stated, without Halo, the Xbox One doesn't exist. This game is supposed to drive sales of not only itself obviously, but an entire console. It is getting FULL support, whatever 343 needs, they can get it from M$. Yet, still, to this very day, we can't get the basics down. The basics that were mastered a decade ago. 

I would love nothing more than to retire my H2 and H3 stats and memories, and to have them replaced by H5 and H6 ranks as a way to justify the caliber of player that I am. But that will never happen with today's ranking system, matchmaking issues (pitting 1 player vs. teams), and just overall suckery.

• Upvote (+1) 4

If people want more missed shots, the weapon in question needs to kill much faster than the H5 pistol. An easy to use weapon where the average kill times are very close to the minimal kill times but has a pretty quick time to kill is not great (BR) but neither is a hard to use weapon where the minimal kill times are slow and the average kill times are even slower. 

If people want more missed shots, they must protest for much less auto aim/aim assist and much less bullet magnetism.

Any weapon that has a perfect kill time of 1.2 seconds to 1.7 seconds is perfectly fine in a game like Halo.

The lack of AA/BM will make sure the average kill time is much more than the perfect kill time. As it should be. 

Same here, although it took almost 500+ games to do it. Does anyone ever see a trend with comments like this. Pride issues aside.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, ever ever ever references what their Halo Reach season X rank was. 

Nobody ever references what there Halo 4 rank was (lol, especially not at launch). Something tells me that 5-10 years from now, nobody will ever reference what there Halo 5 rank was. H2 pre/post patch and H3 ranks will always be the benchmark/standard by which players will be judged. Sure Halo 3 certainly had it's flaws, and it seemed like everybody and there mother could get a 50, but a 50 in MLG? Solo? Aside from being a professional at this game, which constitutes probably 0.0001% of the Halo community, that's a differentiator. 

As nice as these "seasonal" and "division" ranks sound, and as much as the current community seems content with it being the metric to measure player against player, the debates from 5 years ago are evidently long forgotten. It is essentially what started the demise of Halo, while in Bungie's hands. H2/H3 ranking system IS the ideal ranking system that should be tweaked. Not completely overhauled into something that just flat out doesn't work. Seriously, a game in 2004 delivered a ranking system and matchmaking system (player skill vs. player skill) better than anything that 343 can muster despite all of the support and all of the resources from everything that Microsoft can throw at 343.

Do people assume that 343 is guiding their ship on a standard budget? Look at the console war sales figures. PS4 is outselling the Xbox One 2:1. Halo, as defined by Phil Spencer, is Xbox. He has stated, without Halo, the Xbox One doesn't exist. This game is supposed to drive sales of not only itself obviously, but an entire console. It is getting FULL support, whatever 343 needs, they can get it from M$. Yet, still, to this very day, we can't get the basics down. The basics that were mastered a decade ago. 

I would love nothing more than to retire my H2 and H3 stats and memories, and to have them replaced by H5 and H6 ranks as a way to justify the caliber of player that I am. But that will never happen with today's ranking system, matchmaking issues (pitting 1 player vs. teams), and just overall suckery.

I still remember my pre and post patch ranks in Halo 2 (21/39) but have no idea about Reach. What was the highest? 

You may very well be correct, but this is the wrong rational.

Halo 3 had LONG wait times. 

Halo 3's population sustained 500K consistently for 2 years. It was 250K the day before Reach released.

I'm in northwest Ohio. Seems like a couple games will be ok after I reset my modem or Xbox then lag after that but who knows.

I'll check this when I get home. Whats MTU?

I am wired right now. Xbox is on static IP with port forwarding, UPuP disables and a few other options I've messed with. Tried directly plugging into the modem and also using a brand new modem.

i live in northeast ohio and also have time warner but i haven't had a single problem (wired)

You may very well be correct, but this is the wrong rational.

Halo 3 had LONG wait times. 

Halo 3's population sustained 500K consistently for 2 years. It was 250K the day before Reach released.

Halo 3's matchmaking to me was the fastest ever. 

I would even find games consistently searching with a mixed party of 2 50's and 2 level 1's (friends boosting accounts)

The only understandable times I'd struggled was searching MLG at 3am to 9am NYC time. And still, I'd find games within 3 minutes I feel.

i live in northeast ohio and also have time warner but i haven't had a single problem (wired)

It seems like they might be routing their traffic poorly for some people so I'm going to try using a VPN and see if that helps. 

My TWC was down today for an hour. 2 trucks outside were fixing some wiring in the neighborhood.

Guess it's maintenance day. 

I've been saying this for weeks.. If 343 wants a fair ranking system, Season 1 Arena needs to be limited to solo players and teams of two, just like League of Legends. This won't hurt match times. There are plenty of resources to find other to4s to play in customs. On top of that, there are weekly tournaments and ladders for Halo 5.

I can see where you're coming from, but there is no faster way to scare away top competitive players than imposing this restriction.

I don't even get online before I know I have 3 other friends online to play MM with. I can guarantee most of my friends do the same.

I think 343 prioritized quick search times in favor of party restrictions. Hell, no shit that's what they did.

They don't want more complaints of waiting too long for a match, they want posts like, "Damn, I'm finding games so fast!". They are definitely scared of another huge population drop so this could also be there so the match requirements aren't too strict.

Yeah it's quite lame. I knew when they announced party restrictions weren't 100% it'd make for a frustrating experience.

This is also why the number of ranked playlists and no social ones is perhaps a detriment. I would take the trade off of having fewer ranked playlists covering the core competitive modes (4v4, 2v2, FFA) with 100% party restrictions over many ranked playlists with the "prioritizing" we have now, imo. Plus then there would be social playlists and those wouldn't have to have strict party restrictions or any at all perhaps, effectively making everyone happy except for those who wanted to play niche gametypes very competitively.