CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

That's cool.....but can we get test videos from further out and some with the spartans moving? because what we see here clearly isn't what we see when we play the game and in clips previously posted.

Wanna join up and test a few things? Add me. 

Humpflungs Back

Hmm... I do have an inkling from watching that demonstration on ' The Sprint' they posted that the bullet magnetism will linger after sweeping away from a target. Could be wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm hearing those with Time Warner Internet are having issues w H5. To what extent are TWC users having w this game?

so just like Reach, H4, and MCC ... sigh

The thing is...its not suppose to work like those games, you're supposed to have a much better chance of matching similar party sizes, but apparently the game also has the option to give you the best possible match scenario if it can't find the proper party size. However, it's matching solo players against parties way too frequently.

I played a lot of that playlist solo and a good amount with ppl to get a 50. You shouldn't be forced to have a to4 to get the rank you want. You should be matching players with similar skill against similar party sizes......like H3 did, in 2007.

I think 343 prioritized quick search times in favor of party restrictions. Hell, no shit that's what they did. 

They don't want more complaints of waiting too long for a match, they want posts like, "Damn, I'm finding games so fast!". They are definitely scared of another huge population drop so this could also be there so the match requirements aren't too strict. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Humpflungs Back

I added you. Let's test shit later.

(I'm PartialSquid)

Humpflungs Back

damn....can't right now my man

hey everyone not trying to be an ass but lets clarify a couple things about sticky aim/magnetism and auto-aim/aim-assist.

sticky aim/magnetism is the game slowing your aim down when targeting someone, its sticky over the player model.

aim assist/auto aim is the bullet or projectile physically bending toward the player being shot.

:)

so halo 5 has very little sticky aim but has some large auto aim.

hey everyone not trying to be an ass but lets clarify a couple things about sticky aim/magnetism and auto-aim/aim-assist.

sticky aim/magnetism is the game slowing your aim down when targeting someone, its sticky over the player model.

aim assist/auto aim is the bullet or projectile physically bending toward the player being shot.

I would argue that "Aim Assist" is the combination of "Sticky Aim or Reticle Adhesion" and "Bullet Magnetism."

Also, why does the rocket launcher still have reticle adhesion? Who thinks that's a good decision? 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm hearing those with Time Warner Internet are having issues w H5. To what extent are TWC users having w this game?

Unplayable probably 50% of the time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think 343 prioritized quick search times in favor of party restrictions. Hell, no shit that's what they did.

They don't want more complaints of waiting too long for a match, they want posts like, "Damn, I'm finding games so fast!". They are definitely scared of another huge population drop so this could also be there so the match requirements aren't too strict.

This. Pretty sure they are afraid of people taking ages to find matches. Honestly though, most people search solo so it shouldn't be an issue for them, and most people who search in teams should understand it might take a bit longer.

If anything Team Arena should have strict party matching.

I always assumed we used 'aim assist' as in it is physically assisting your aim through reticule movement and 'bullet magnetism' as in it curves your bullets.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've been saying this for weeks.. If 343 wants a fair ranking system, Season 1 Arena needs to be limited to solo players and teams of two, just like League of Legends. This won't hurt match times. There are plenty of resources to find other to4s to play in customs. On top of that, there are weekly tournaments and ladders for Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I added you. Let's test shit later.

(I'm PartialSquid)

sounds good. Bout to head out for some lunchin' anyway. 

a friend of me is being kicked/disconnected from pretty much every game after 3-5 minutes in Halo 5

it only happens in Halo 5 and in no other game hes testing

anyone heard of this so far or knows a possible solution?

edit:

it seems to be pretty common

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/e0d9938206f04a598ce84f2c8cadce02/topics/losing-connection-to-the-game/889fdcab-4fa6-4169-990d-5738727353ec/posts?page=1

Unplayable probably 50% of the time.

Wow. That's another issue I have when deciding to buy this as where BO3/SW: Battlefront/Rainbow 6 online will likely work decently out of the box with TWC

I would love to know whose idea it was to have all the playlists be ranked. Can't play anything (aside from swat) without being shit on by to3 or to4. This is beyond frustrating. Also cant even play with some of my friends because they are much worse than me. I get annoyed form losing and they get annoyed because they get destroyed. 

I've been saying this for weeks.. If 343 wants a fair ranking system, Season 1 Arena needs to be limited to solo players and teams of two, just like League of Legends. This won't hurt match times. There are plenty of resources to find other to4s to play in customs. On top of that, there are weekly tournaments and ladders for Halo 5.

Speaking of you should give me some of that Beyond online event  :intel: . Anything on when you guys are pumping out H5 tournys?

I haven't had any issues with servers other than the game wide problems earlier this week. Looks to me like a lot of people with TWC are having issues. It doesn't seem like its server side tbh, but it could be one particular server that's faulty.

The terminology of all this has always been annoying.

Auto aim and aim assist sound like the game mechanics that help you position your reticle, as opposed to anything to do with projectile bending.

Magnetism sounds like it could apply to either the bullets or the reticle behavior.

I like reticle friction and bullet magnetism, because they make it clear what each term applies to.

I cannot and will not play until they fix the aiming. I just don't feel in control or confident at all when playing Halo 5, and that's something I've never had an issue with in any FPS before. Ever. 

I do think the registration is good as well as the aim assist but it's kinda hard to tell when the aiming feels this shitty but the beta had the lowered aim assist already and I loved the gun battles there. When it was a legit gun battle, not a ring around the rosie sprint battle. 

As I posted last night, I watched some of my beta clips and could tell how much more in control I was in general. I never even thought about the aiming because it just felt good.  

^ This