CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

snip

Trilogy-era Bungie were fucking godlike developers from a craftsmanship standpoint (design is debatable). They made things that set the bar for the entire industry.

I want to expect the same level of quality from 343i, but for my own sanity I've had to adjust my expectations. Yes, triple-A development is much more complex and resource intensive than it used to be, but it's impossible not to miss features that had become standard during the Bungie era and are now absent.

Though when I look at Destiny, I doubt things would be much better even with Bungie. We'd probably just have different problems.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hyperbole much brah? Enron's stock took off because of them cooking their books (over simplification here). While their Price to Earnings ration was within the norm for successful companies at the time, their earnings were actually false, resulting in the price of the stock being so grossly inflated its criminal. The top brass got out with a Golden Parachute, while all the other suckers lost their investment. Again, I'm over simplifying things here, but the point is, comparing 343 to Enron is completely  off. Way off.

Bro, come back down to reality and stop trying to show off your Finance 101 notes, and instead take a lesson from a basic SAT analogy.

343 takes over: Halo dies

Enron goes bust: Enron stock dies

Simple 

• Upvote (+1) 2

It is Time Warner. During peak hours/whatever everyone I've raided with for over a year that uses Time Warner has to use a VPN to get a different route to the WoW servers. They're just garbage. If it was just Microsoft servers we'd all be lagging but we aren't. They experience wild congestion of some sort all the time.

I'll look into using a VPN. Hopefully this could hold me over.

Not even gonna read all of it because of the first two sentences. If you actually slowed it down when I shot, the whole reticule was about an inch above his head. Also, whats making contact with the reticule have anything to do with? He didn't make contact when I shot. The magnetism takes away skill from shooting since you can completely miss and still hit them. 

Rlsn4Hg.png

That's not even where the trigger was pulled. I didn't even make this clip and I am better at paying attention to what happened. The redicule made contact, and once again that is a lot of magnistem but that's not flat out missing like this picture is attempting to prove.  You don't even know if this was a hiccup in matchmaking. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's not even where the trigger was pulled. I didn't even make this clip and I am better at paying attention to what happened. The redicule made contact, and once again that is a lot of magnistem but that's not flat out missing like this picture is attempting to prove.  You don't even know if this was a hiccup in matchmaking. 

What about here? No where near him. This is off of randas killtrocity yt vid of it live on twitch stream so it's in game not theater.

ezgif-580053794.gif

Yeah, I'm pretty sure 343 couldn't have created an entire new engine of H5's caliber in 3 years or however long they were developing it.

For reference, Unreal Engine has been in development for 17 years. You don't simply write a new engine from scratch. That's absurd to think they did that.

Guess what, they did (see source i posted before). A lot of new engines are built from the ground when the technology involved changes dramatically. Others are just evolutionary iterations over previous engines. 

How do you figure they have a limited budget? Halo 4 sold over 8 million copies, generating a ton of money for 343, so it's hard to believe they would be limited at all financially. That and the fact they're backed by Micro$oft. As far as the Xbox One goes, there is zero excuse for it releasing with less features than the 360. Microsoft has all the money and resources in the world and the Xbox One could have been absolutely amazing day one if they wanted it to be.

Of course the budget is limited. Microsoft want a profit from their projects as well as any other company. Halo being an AAA game and the flagship of the Xbox brand, naturally has a high budget  because the expected revenue is even bigger. The game sells a lot and brings a good profit. That's why they set up a development studio dedicated to Halo, working around the clock to release a new title every three years. If you watch the The Sprint series you can easily see how big is the budget. The quality of production, audio, music, etc., is top notch. But 343 is not a big studio. It has just over 300 people, if not mistaken. There are other much bigger studios. If the budget were unlimited, the studio would be much bigger and there would be no time limit to finish the game. They would take their time and release the game when all the features that fans want are ready to go. But no, every year of development costs millions of dollars and so there is a deadline to be met for the project to be viable. If Halo stops selling tons and bring high profit for Microsoft, the franchise will either end or the budget will be significantly reduced. They are not in this business to lose money. No wonder they try to appease not only the competitive players, but also the casuals. The larger the audience, the bigger are the chances of sales growing and consequently, the revenue. That's why Warzone and req system are so important to them.

What about here? No where near him. This is off of randas killtrocity yt vid of it live on twitch stream so it's in game not theater.

ezgif-580053794.gif

He threw a grenade.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

ezgif-580053794.gif

Look at the killfeed, it's a grenade that kills him.

ezgif-580053794.gif

Dude leave Halo 5 alone! It's competitive, beautiful, and strong! My saaaafe spaaaace! 

• Downvote (-1) 12

Nah, I'm talking about the headshot. That killed the flag carrier. Just cut out the kill feed before it showed it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

ezgif-580053794.gif

Why is the pistol getting hitmarkers for missing? Seriously....this is reeeeeeeally not good.

Why is the pistol getting hitmarkers for missing?

The same reason the sniper rifle gives people headshots for missing.

reggie__thumb350x198.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4

I cannot and will not play until they fix the aiming. I just don't feel in control or confident at all when playing Halo 5, and that's something I've never had an issue with in any FPS before. Ever. 

I do think the registration is good as well as the aim assist but it's kinda hard to tell when the aiming feels this shitty but the beta had the lowered aim assist already and I loved the gun battles there. When it was a legit gun battle, not a ring around the rosie sprint battle. 

As I posted last night, I watched some of my beta clips and could tell how much more in control I was in general. I never even thought about the aiming because it just felt good.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

I love how Bravo chats it up regularly with r/halo - yet barely (if at all) comes in here.

I guess it makes sense when 90% of Reddit is saying how great H5 is in every post.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The grenade kills the flag carrier's teammate, the pistol headshot is what killed the flag carrier. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The grenade kills the flag carrier's teammate, the pistol headshot is what killed the flag carrier. 

The final pistol shot which killed the guy was fired when he was aiming at the guy. The kill itself didn't register until the reticle was no longer on him. I'm not denying the magnetism is high but that clip isn't a good example.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The same reason the sniper rifle gives people headshots for missing.

reggie__thumb350x198.jpg

*goes back playing h1 pc in mcc*