CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Do you count the FFA spawns as a bug?

Also I have noticed that if I launch a playlist and need to back out, when the prompt comes up with the options of "Okay" and "Dismiss" I have to switch to Dismiss and then back to Okay in order to get the Okay button to work. Anyone else notice this?

I'd count that as an issue, I'll throw it in.

Genuinely curious, the lowest rank I've seen is Gold one. Has anyone seen lower?

I'm silver :(

• Upvote (+1) 2

This whole less auto aim is meaningless when the reticule doesn't even have to be red or even near their head for you to hit them because of the massive magnetism.

Can someone cap (first hand, not through theater) a custom game where this is tested?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can we count the bottom corner scoreboard? I know it was intentional to show your team on top, but I think it would be much better if it showed the leading team on top.

Maybe that belongs on a "wishlist" instead?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Can someone cap (first hand, not through theater) a custom game where this is tested?

This is not theater when I recorded this if you were wondering.

I'm silver :(

Well I suck at slayer so I'm sure I can find something lower if it's there.

Also, on ranking, will you have to endure getting your ass kicked for 10 games in until you get your bronze, gold, diamond or whatever rank you end up with? To that add, after you get that rank, say it's gold, from there will you match players closer to your skill?

Those are ports. They ported the old engines to Xbox One, while increasing the FPS. The performance usually suffers, as MCC proved, unless the hardware is powerful enough. Once the engine is ported, the game is easily ported without rewriting the code. That's why ODST was ported (same engine as Halo 3) and Reach wasn't (different engine). 

Hrm. Well, I guess I'll take your word for it on this one.

I discovered why my aim was so bad yesterday. I was using vibration. I picked up a silenced BR in Warzone last night and it just felt godly with it not giving me a vibration. After that I just turned vibration off completely. I haven't been missing nearly as much ever since I turned it off. I can actually keep my target on the opponent now. I advise to those who are having trouble with aiming to turn off vibration if you haven't already. I always play great with vibration on in other games but in this game I have to turn it off. Obviously there is something still wrong with the aim acceleration but I'm playing miles better now compared to earlier, I have been landing perfects consistently now and have a 58% accuracy percentage with the magnum.

So this is how i view the ranking system, would you guys say this is a fair interpretation?

tdlvg.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

So this is how i view the ranking system, would you guys say this is a fair interpretation?

tdlik.jpg

Not entirely accurate. The Bronze group is more populated than people like to think.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not entirely accurate. The Bronze group is more populated than people like to think.

Really?, I haven't seen a single person below Gold lol.

What was it in because the guys reticle never turned red once, just like theater and spectator mode.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well I suck at slayer so I'm sure I can find something lower if it's there.

Also, on ranking, will you have to endure getting your ass kicked for 10 games in until you get your bronze, gold, diamond or whatever rank you end up with? To that add, after you get that rank, say it's gold, from there will you match players closer to your skill?

Eh, it's a mixed bag. The worst part is your teammates. I went pretty positive & led my team in kills in most if not all my placement games and still went 4-6. 

343 revealed in one of their updates an emblem that people will get if they get an Onyx or Champion in a playlists

That was referring to the December Season, and it isn't even for Onyx/Champion (I wish it was)

This gives you a chance to top your performance from last season, and see how high of a rank you can achieve. Seasons will last for a month, and anybody who earns a CSR in a Seasonal Playlist will earn cosmetic rewards to commemorate the Season. (Here's a sneak peek at the emblem rewarded for the December season)

Sounds like all you have to do is qualify to earn the emblem for each Season

Nah I'm not suggesting that. Just mid-match with everything going on, I'd rather see it properly tested.

I'm glad that I am not the only one who thinks that aiming in this game is clunky/awkward.  It feels as if I'm playing with slow turn, and it is incredibly frustrating.  This games population is going to dive pretty hard in the upcoming weeks.  Players are forced into playing (terrible) maps as well as breakout because there is not voting system.  Doing away with the voting system is akin to 343 saying, "We know what's best for you.  You will play this gametype on this map, and you will like it."  So now, I'm stuck playing a game with broken aiming mechanics on a map that may or may not be terrible. 

Players tend to gravitate towards and party up with players who share the same gametype and map preferences.  The beauty of having a party of 4 in previous Halos was that you at least knew you would have a good chance of playing on maps that you enjoy.

Theater is broken and there is no forge upon release.  It comes down to 343 being an incompetent developer.  Halo 3 was released in 2007 by Bungie and had a WAY better theater than anything 343 has produced.  Halo Reach was released in 2010 by Bungie and upon release had the best forge we have seen to date.  Halo 5 has the worst aiming mechanics of any Halo to date, broken theater, and no forge.  Plus a lot of people are not happy with no BR starts.

If Black Ops 3 doesn't suck, then Halo 5s population is going to quickly go downhill.

just curious, is anyone going to make a thread for map call outs???

Like in Halo 4, I plan to make call out videos as early as next weekend when I get paid. Gotta buy a new capture card first.

tdlvg.jpg

Ideally, yes. Joshua Menke's description of the ranking system is surprisingly identical to the one I suggested years ago on this forum, which he tweeted to me he read/approved of. However, I wouldn't expect it to ever have this clean of a bell curve, and not even remotely close until after a few seasons. So many people are flying up and down ranks as the system tries to identify them accurately right now. Like I win one game in Arena and I'm half way to the next rank. But with the math behind the system, that's to be expected.