CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Good ole friends at NeoGAF still trying to figure what exactly the problem is with aiming and what pro player(s) they can officially blame.

I didn't really notice what this is talking about, but I'm horrible at the game and not sure why but seems I've always been pretty horrible at Halo games when I excel in others like CoD. One thing that is driving me crazy and cannot fathom why they made this design choice is when you are looking down iron sights and get shot it instantly takes you out of iron sights. That is the dumbest and most annoying shit ever, really makes no sense and makes iron sights pretty useless.

Yikes...  :wutface:

It was probably already discussed earlier, but the aiming bug in Halo 5 is really inexcusable.

Aiming is the most fundamental aspect of Halo, and I have no idea how something like this can go unnoticed in testing, especially with how much attention they paid to "perfecting" the aiming, and how bad the Halo 3 aiming was in MCC.

But it didn't go unnoticed. It was done on purpose.

Basically. It's not a bug. Look at replies 343 gave us in this thread. This is how they wanted aiming to function. It needs to be fixed asap.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It was probably already discussed earlier, but the aiming bug in Halo 5 is really inexcusable.

Aiming is the most fundamental aspect of Halo, and I have no idea how something like this can go unnoticed in testing, especially with how much attention they paid to "perfecting" the aiming, and how bad the Halo 3 aiming was in MCC.

The aim acceleration is intentional.

But it didn't go unnoticed. It was done on purpose.

Basically. It's not a bug. Look at replies 343 gave us in this thread. This is how they wanted aiming to function. It needs to be fixed asap.

The aim acceleration is intentional.

Just to be clear I don't mean the aim smoothing. I mean this;

https://us.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3qsgeu/video_in_body_this_is_halo_5s_aiming_bug/

Bravo commented and said they are looking into it.

I still don't like the smart link/scope on the weapons, it's still annoying that the pistol takes up so much space.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm 99% sure that's what people are talking about.

Well I don't see any reason that would be intentional. If it was intentional, Bravo probably would have had some defense for it, instead of saying "we will look into it".

I used to play Halo 2 ever night, loved that shit.

Halo 3 came out and I couldn't afford a 360 right away. Got one about 3 weeks in, by then all of my friend had migrated over.

I played for about 2 weeks - hating how the game felt. I didn't know then why I hated it but I did.

I said fuck it and stopped playing Halo until ODST campaign. Halo 3 is my least played game by a huge margin.

It might not seem like a big deal to some of you but 343 has very little time to fix this aiming shit (and other stuff) before they lose players permanently.

So I know the ranks reset after a month, is that the 1st of november or the 27th? or is it just gonna wait until the 1st of december before resetting ranks?

Season 1 starts in December. Ranks will probably reset then.

Well I don't see any reason that would be intentional. If it was intentional, Bravo probably would have had some defense for it, instead of saying "we will look into it".

Would he really, though...

Ghost already came in and defended it, regardless.

The longer I'm playing the less I'm buying in to the whole claim that the pistol is so amazingly skillful because of low aim assist.

I always thought I had terrible aim judging from previous halo games,  yet I'm finishing at the top of the accuracy table almost every game.( Currently in diamond in team arena and onyx in all other playlists).

People always act like guests were fouring people in H2A nonstop, but if anything I've had an equal amount of people out br me in that game compared to h5.

If the aiming was really that hard, why am I winning and losing my battles against the same people just like in every other halo game? (I'm talking strictly about aiming here)

All the low aim assist does is make the aiming annoying because you have to avoid whirl-winding at all costs. If you avoid that, shooting isn't really particularly hard, especially because you don't have an additional component like shot lead.

Season 1 starts in December. Ranks will probably reset then.

Are current Onyx/Champion people still going to get the emblem?

Why did they put a flag into breakout... the camo is all you neem to play for. get camo and you win 100%. really op

I'm a massive fruit.

I feel dumb for just realizing your name means "Halo 5 Honeymoon". I'd spent the past few days thinking it was like, "Halo 5 sticky stuff' or something. Fak.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I will from now on dashboard every breakout game. I dont give a damn what anyone tells me. nope.

Aim acceleration, aim assist/auto aim and bullet magnetism are the devil. 

And yet you play Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 4