CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Can we talk about the rail gun registration please? Every time I pick it up 1-2 shots never register for me, it's really bad. I make a push because I have a power weapon and to see someone just absorb a shot just blows my mind. 

I haven't had any issues with it. If you're hitting them, are you sure lag isn't just screwing you over?

It's the type of weapon you have to be dead-on accurate with to kill someone.

I can never get kills with the rail gun either but its most probably because I suck with it.

I can never get kills with the rail gun either but its most probably because I suck with it.

It had some aim assist but I am 90% sure it has literally zero magnetism.

OKAY.. I was messing around, and I think the best example of this problem that could show the aiming is this.

Aim directly Upwards - ThumbStick at the 12 Oclock position.

Spin around in circles so your thumbstick is sticking to the edge left or right. - ThumbStick at the 3 or 9 Oclock Position.

While ur thumbstick is on the edge, turn it between the 4 and 5 (or 7 and 8) Oclock Position.(Bottom right/left 45 degrees)  - ThumbStick turns to between 4 - 5 Oclock Position.

You get this insane slow turn.

I recorded some clips on H5, MCC CE, H2 H2A for comparison.

Halo 5 

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/COG%20UPDATE%20BOT/video/12470151

Halo CE

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/COG%20UPDATE%20BOT/video/12470163

H2C

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/COG%20UPDATE%20BOT/video/12470150

H2A

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/COG%20UPDATE%20BOT/video/12470155

H2A has a bit of this, but not to a point where it get's annoying.

Do you feel as if the pistol doesn't allow you to aim fluidly? 

I find it like I'm moving with my shoulders only as opposed to others weapons that feel smooth and as if I'm turning with the hips.

OKAY.. I was messing around, and I think the best example of this problem that could show the aiming is this.

Aim directly Upwards - ThumbStick at the 12 Oclock position.

Spin around in circles so your thumbstick is sticking to the edge left or right. - ThumbStick at the 3 or 9 Oclock Position.

While ur thumbstick is on the edge, turn it between the 4 and 5 (or 7 and 8) Oclock Position.(Bottom right/left 45 degrees)  - ThumbStick turns to between 4 - 5 Oclock Position.

You get this insane slow turn.

I recorded some clips on H5, MCC CE, H2 H2A for comparison.

Halo 5 

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/COG%20UPDATE%20BOT/video/12470151

Halo CE

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/COG%20UPDATE%20BOT/video/12470163

H2C

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/COG%20UPDATE%20BOT/video/12470150

H2A

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/COG%20UPDATE%20BOT/video/12470155

H2A has a bit of this, but not to a point where it get's annoying.

Everyone hit the little "go to this post" arrow on this quote and plus rep this man.

From what I've seen you have to try hard to get lower than Diamond in Arena. Seems like Champion is the only ranking tier of merit, some weigh in please

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ok... so rampage jackson is streaming halo if people here know who he is.

And suddenly it becomes clear why Heinz, APG and Ola have been so secretive about their 4th!!

#WeBack

• Upvote (+1) 1

Raining all weekend. Good gaming weekend.

The torture of weekend every weekend :(

not sure if already posted but here is an indepth analysis of Halo 5s aim and look mechanics and whats actually wrong or feels off with it

source: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=42461.0

Obsiv:

The Halo community (XIM and controller gamers alike) have been talking about Halo 5's surprise changes to how it aims. XIM's Smart Translator system gives us an insight into how every game developer designs their aiming systems. I can tell you after studying the data that 343 has done a great disservice to the Halo community.

343 changed Halo aim by splitting the stick into 2 separate regions: aim and turn. They also chose this point seeming arbitrarily as well before maximum stick deflection. Meaning, any player that accidentally goes beyond this point (such as during the heat of a fire fight) will find their reticle jump. The speed gap between "aim" and "turn" is very large. Instead of moving towards a good example of an aiming system (i.e. CoD and BF), they went completely the other way.

Something as fundamental as aim should be customizable. There is no single solution for everyone (certainly not what they changed here). It is our hope that 343 will realize this mistake and fix their game.

In the mean time, the XIM community will work to find a way around the large velocity dead area 343 put into the game. One way is to make the transition from "aim" to "turn" deliberate. To do so, a Ballistic Curve can be used to cut off the "turn" part of the aiming system like so (this curve assumes you are running the latest Beta):

Code: [select]

>>> XIM4 [Mouse Ballistics] START PASTE >>>
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANQAwADgAMQA2AAoUHigyPEZQWmRueIKMjIyMjIyM:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

This will give you consistent aiming, but, you'll realize how slow this "aim" part of their system is.

To handle "turn", XIM4 needs to know your intent. One way is to map buttons to right and left turn (under Advanced Mouse Settings). However, we'd like to see if we can find a better way. If you have any ideas, please share here.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Still so confused about the ranking system.

After your placement it's just wins/losses, from my understanding, right?

But what about win streaks, does it take those into account and level you up and your csr score up quicker?

Maybe that's a dumb question, I don't know.

Yeah it's wins/losses after placement and I'm not too sure about winstreaks, I had a big winstreak yesterday in team arena and I didn't really notice anything different.

Any actual aiming bugs aside, I'm thinking that the accuracy problems (actually hitting people) that a lot of people have might actually be from the reduced aim assist.

After comparing MCC and H5, I've come to notice the massive levels of crosshair stickiness in the former, even in Halo CE.

It'd certainly explain why I'm not having any trouble aiming when other people are. I've been playing PC shooters for years where aim assist is non-existent.

In fact, I might even be more accurate in Halo 5 than I am in MCC.

No its not aim assist, its just aiming in general is heavy and sluggish compared to other halos

I still don't understand how I can be ranked for days now, and get put with people that are on like their second placement match. You should never be put with people on their placement matches unless it is literally their 9th game and have already cemented their placement. I feel like Champion is really the only rank where the ranking system is actually working, and its really frustrating as someone who plays solo. I realize most of you are going to just say "get a team" or something along those lines, but I would prefer the game just match similarly skilled people together, and don't think that is too much to ask for. Since player population has for some reason been taken out of the last couple games (most likely due to abysmal numbers), I can't tell if there just literally aren't enough people in the playlist, or if the ranking system just isn't working that well. Ir has a long way to go in my opinion, because lopsided games are happening to me very frequently.  

God i hope 343 fixes this sensitivity problem. The changes the pros made are good, but allowing them to fuck up aiming sucks.

I'm really thinking about putting this game away until/if the put party restrictions in this game. i play by myself or with 1 other person 99.9% of the time and all i do is match teams of 4. this ranking system is BROKEN until this is fixed. 

Seriously, for me this is a much bigger issue than the aiming right now. I honestly hadn't even noticed the aiming until I watched that dudes video on Reddit. The ranking system is straight up ass cheeks at this point, combined with no party restrictions, makes searching solo not even wqrth playing. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

EVERY game today has been laggy. What the actual fuck.

I played 10 matches around the time that you posted this. Every one of them was a lag fest. I checked my own internet speed and I was only getting 2mbps download, so it could have just been my internet.

Just a question.

Have any of you with dead zone issues updated your controllers by any chance? Just curious.

Just a question.

Have any of you with dead zone issues updated your controllers by any chance? Just curious.

Yeah, I updated when I first got it, its the brand new master chief controller.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just a question.

Updated already. There's something tighter with the turning ingame. After a few games it doesnt really register with you but its still there