CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Apparently not. Every time I call attention to something, a 343 rep pops out from under the nearest rock and assures us that everything's going according to plan. 

"Plan"

polls_Mr.Burns_2Bof_2BJapan_0006_957624_

I don't exactly grasp what everyone means by aiming. Could someone elaborate? Because, it feels really fluid to me.

The actual act of aiming in this game, it's all fucky. 

You could be one of those people I mentioned a few posts ago. 

The actual act of aiming in this game, it's all fucky. 

You could be one of those people I mentioned a few posts ago.

I'm probably in a minority when I say I don't see anything wrong with it, then. If there's a general issue, it should be fixed though, for the majority.

On the OTHER hand, unrelated to the above, I LOVE Ground Pound with an amazing passion.

https://account.xbox.com/en-ca/gameclip/21ccf251-9b12-4ef2-951b-d0f80f3fc956?gamerTag=ProjectPredacon&scid=1370999b-fca2-4c53-8ec5-73493bcb67e5

I'm probably in a minority when I say I don't see anything wrong with it, then. If there's a general issue, it should be fixed though, for the majority.

On the OTHER hand, unrelated to the above, I LOVE Ground Pound with an amazing passion.

https://account.xbox.com/en-ca/gameclip/21ccf251-9b12-4ef2-951b-d0f80f3fc956?gamerTag=ProjectPredacon&scid=1370999b-fca2-4c53-8ec5-73493bcb67e5

Nothing better than a nice ground pound.

People saying these maps are good are in denial. IS THIS REAL LIFE?

I hate Rig. It's the politician of mapmaking design, but honestly the rest are simply adequate (in my opinion). I don't really dislike and of them but none of them really spectacular. 

I hate Rig. It's the politician of mapmaking design, but honestly the rest are simply adequate (in my opinion). I don't really dislike and of them but none of them really spectacular. 

Rig is my favorite map so far for both Slayer and Strongholds. It an Eden are the only maps that I feel I really like, everything else is just sort of there.

Any actual aiming bugs aside, I'm thinking that the accuracy problems (actually hitting people) that a lot of people have might actually be from the reduced aim assist.

After comparing MCC and H5, I've come to notice the massive levels of crosshair stickiness in the former, even in Halo CE.

It'd certainly explain why I'm not having any trouble aiming when other people are. I've been playing PC shooters for years where aim assist is non-existent.

In fact, I might even be more accurate in Halo 5 than I am in MCC.

Rig is my favorite map so far for both Slayer and Strongholds. It an Eden are the only maps that I feel I really like, everything else is just sort of there.

Hmmmm. I haven't played Strongholds on Rig, that might swing it into favor for me actually. I felt really disorientated on it and I didn't like that, with objectives it could be better. 

This game needs Oddball. Oddball Ground Pound in particular.

1ecdd4763682bcbe0177f777aefa57c9.png

YES. Would use!

Make an AR/Pistol one as well.

I definitely experience some dead zone issues with my aiming as well when aiming diagonally. I can't imagine it's just me since other people are reporting it as well, but there's definitely some spots where I am diagonally and it just moves incredibly slow.

I get this when I move my right stick down and to the right or left (diagonally). Makes it really difficult to win close battles when I'm jumping considering that's the most times it happens. I cannot keep up and spin around, feels broken, is it XOne controllers or game? Sometimes I try and turn and put my head down to leave (even though I don't think that works anymore) and can't get to where I want to go fast enough.

Any actual aiming bugs aside, I'm thinking that the accuracy problems (actually hitting people) that a lot of people have might actually be from the reduced aim assist.

After comparing MCC and H5, I've come to notice the massive levels of crosshair stickiness in the former, even in Halo CE.

It'd certainly explain why I'm not having any trouble aiming when other people are. I've been playing PC shooters for years where aim assist is non-existent.

In fact, I might even be more accurate in Halo 5 than I am in MCC.

Plenty of people have said that the Beta had better aiming and it already had the reduced aim assist

I think it's got to do with Sensitivity, Players that play in high Sensitivity tend to notice the problem more (6-10 range) 

Plenty of people have said that the Beta had better aiming and it already had the reduced aim assist

I think it's got to do with Sensitivity, Players that play in high Sensitivity tend to notice the problem more (6-10 range) 

It's def more noticeable. 

I play at 4, thought it's to slow in general, changed to 6, realize something is weird, go back to 4. I still notice it, but not as much....maybe I just gotten used to it tho :S

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TranzTeK/video/12469091

Excuse my terrible um... "skills" with going diagonal with the right stick. I'm not that precise at 100% constant diagonal movement. However, this isn't about my aiming/stick skills, but aim speed.

I didn't notice diagonal aiming to be any slower, just that there's a second of momentum from looking up/down/left/right and diagonal.

I have problems as mentioned above with the slow diagonal moves, on two different controllers, so I'm not sure what it is.

Opinion of a Champion 5 in Slayer:

- I use thruster offensively AS MUCH AS I use it defensively, if not way more. Thruster is such a great offensive tool for baiting and switching with teammates, thrusting around corners to catch crouchers off guard, and it is AMAZING to use mid-strafe.

- I can't tell you how many people I have destroyed by hopping to one side and then thrusting to the other. Really catches people off guard. The shooting delay is not a big deal at all, since you can proactively adjust to your own thrust. The enemy, however, can only react.

- Sprint is great for re-positioning off spawn, and aggressively flanking enemies. I actually feel empowered off spawn because I no longer have to simply hold forward and wait 20 seconds to get back into the battle. I can get out of a bad spawn quickly, or rush to a teammates aid. Nobody uses sprint to get away mid-battle.

- I personally have no problems with the aiming. To me it feels smooth and responsive. Not that anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong, it's just my opinion.

- Please for the love of god do not implement BR starts. Pistol starts create such an incredible skill gap. Personally I'd say remove BRs and DMRs from the map so there are less complaints about spawning with an inferior weapon.

- At first, I disliked the maps, because they were mostly asymmetric and segmented. After awhile though, my team got the flow of things and I enjoy them a lot more. The trick is performing coordinated pushes on the enemy. Most people who play on an asymmetric map simply crouch in a set-up and wait for you to come to them, so it makes it even easier. Some maps clearly play better for slayer, some clearly play better for strongholds or CTF (I'm looking at you Fathom).

Disclaimer: I played virtually 100% of my games with a team I felt extremely confident with. I've always felt that playing halo with a team is 1000x time better than searching alone. If you are solo, get some friends. The experience will improve ten-fold.

My main problem is the lack of content. Like many people, I think this game is pretty barebones at the moment. Campaign, some MM grinding, and that's it. Can't have fun custom games; no forge or fileshare. No firefight. Barely any playlist variation.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

lmao Angry Joe watched Snipedown on Twitch before He played again to help him sleep

Aim Acceleration is fucking with his head, he keeps changing his sensitivity a lot, painful to watch

He likes the fact that people get rewarded in using the pistol though

Small question, but how do you guys actually use your right sticks?

I do small wags for minute adjustments and I only hit the edge for general navigation and targeting. I also play at 3 sensitivity.

My brother does something very different. He always slams the edge of the stick and he plays on high (7>) sensitivity. This worked well for the other Halos since the aim assist would lock onto an enemy if you touched them with your crosshair.

I may be wrong, but I suspect that players who aim like him are the ones with the most trouble adjusting.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Can we talk about the rail gun registration please? Every time I pick it up 1-2 shots never register for me, it's really bad. I make a push because I have a power weapon and to see someone just absorb a shot just blows my mind. 

Halo fanfiction finds a way.

Bungie creates Halo

Bungie kills Halo

Bungie creates 343

343 kills Halo (4)

343 kills Halo again (MCC)

343 creates Halo fanfiction (H5 campaign)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Bungie creates Halo

Bungie kills Halo

Bungie creates 343

343 kills Halo (4)

343 kills Halo again (MCC)

343 creates Halo fanfiction (H5 campaign)

Will 343 kill Halo again with Halo 5? Stay tuned next time on Halo Series. Que DBZ music.