CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I find myself never sprinting in this game. The maps are small, and a big cluster fuck.

Sprinting is pretty much asking for a death wish in Halo 5, and I love that. Sprinting is only good for certain situations. Other than that, I find myself dying anytime I use it. Gets me in a lot more trouble.

Can't believe after all of the issues we had with sprint and armor lock that people defend thrusters.

They're probably the worst thing to happen to this game.

It's the new sprint, donchaknow. The amount of people who thruster-dodge when at one shot is staggering. Very annoying.

Pretty much the only time I will ever sprint is to do the sprint-slide-jump-thrust combo. That's literally the only time I sprint. It's amazing how well balanced it is now

People actually know do not sprint if their health is down, so it's rare for me to see people sprinting away if they're weak

• Upvote (+1) 2

Pretty much the only time I will ever sprint is to do the sprint-slide-jump-thrust combo. That's literally the only time I sprint. It's amazing how well balanced it is now

People actually know do not sprint if their health is down, so it's rare for me to see people sprinting away if they're weak

I find myself doing that combo quite often, especially when going from one platform to another.

Amazing thing is, though, I have not yet once seen anyone slide let alone do this combo.

I sprint a lot in SWATnums since the Magnum has no firing delay from it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is anyone using the .....hover? 

Cuz I feel like in the long run it's needed for certain jumps? 

But I can't for the life of me get used to it.

I disabled it after a few matches, personally. I couldn't get used to it either and it seemed to get in the way at times.

After watching last nights stream, and watching it tonight, I think he might just be a little crazy instead of having like a mental break.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I use it, but I've got manual stabilizers enabled.

It's really useful for jumps since it lets me save my thrust.

You have Elite Controller right?

yeah i disabled it after 10 games. I just keep thinking I'm a sitting duck in midair trying to shoot.

Whole point of me dropping down is so I can get the last shot in whilst I drop down behind cover. 

Okay, random though, but I'm loving the UNSC weapon variants that fire disintegrating Promethean rounds. DMR, BR, or AR, it's fun to just MELT someone, literally.

Okay, random though, but I'm loving the UNSC weapon variants that fire disintegrating Promethean rounds. DMR, BR, or AR, it's fun to just MELT someone, literally.

Off topic.

I just changed mine a few minutes ago, and just now realized we share the same profile picture.

Off topic.

I just changed mine a few minutes ago, and just now realized we share the same profile picture.

She's like the only good thing that happened in the Halo 5 story lmao

semi /s

There's some weird lag issue going on in H5 and it only seems to be happening to people who's ISP is Time Warner.

:/

Hopefully 343 and/or Time Warner can get this fixed in a timely manner.

I forget that not everyone will know about this already. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but Time Warner has been ASS for awhile now. I raid at a fairly high level on WoW, top ~50 world, and we literally have a VPN ready to recommend for anyone we recruit because their data centers that they try to route people through are total garbage. Good luck if its Time Warner is all I'm saying. Its been going on for over a year.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Off topic.

Your's is blurrier. Ice superior, TranzTeKk inferior. 

Your's is blurrier. Ice superior, TranzTeKk inferior. 

This is true. Team Exuberant all the way though, blurry or not. :kappa:

I sprint a lot in SWATnums since the Magnum has no firing delay from it.

Really? That's interesting. I haven't played SWAT yet, might check it out tomorrow

This is true. Team Exuberant all the way though, blurry or not. :kappa:

Seriously, I heard her once, and fell in love immediately. 10/10 would bang. If that's how it works. XP

Yeah I have a BR that does it in Warzone. Makes Warzone super fun to play.

Seriously, I heard her once, and fell in love immediately. 10/10 would bang. If that's how it works. XP

Same. It's sad that my favorite character in Halo 5 happens to be a Monitor. I'm not quite sure you bang Forerunner AI constructs though. :kappa:

Same. It's sad that my favorite character in Halo 5 happens to be a Monitor. I'm not quite sure you bang Forerunner AI constructs though. :kappa:

Halo fanfiction finds a way. 

• Upvote (+1) 1