CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

it could be related to your ISP.  I know LoL players who had a certain ISP had issues because of throttling and cap limits. Could be ISP related. However I have never heard of Xbox Live users having issues with certain ISPs

I like how you, or whoever's video this is, aimed pretty fast diagonally for a split second then purposely slowed it down. Bogus video.

Then you make one showing the opposite.

Then you make one showing the opposite.

You're telling me you didn't see it go fast diagonally when that person first started to do it? But okay, I'll make a video.

All I know is that the aiming is just fucking really slow, I've never dreamed of playing on high sensitivity.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TranzTeK/video/12469091

Excuse my terrible um... "skills" with going diagonal with the right stick. I'm not that precise at 100% constant diagonal movement. However, this isn't about my aiming/stick skills, but aim speed.

I didn't notice diagonal aiming to be any slower, just that there's a second of momentum from looking up/down/left/right and diagonal.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You're telling me you didn't see it go fast diagonally when that person first started to do it? But okay, I'll make a video.

Make a video showing it can go fast diagonally consistently and then you can call his video bullshit.

Otherwise you could be seeing something that's just conditional.

Make a video showing it can go fast diagonally consistently and then you can call his video bullshit.

Otherwise you could be seeing something that's just conditional.

I just posted the video two posts above yours. I don't notice any direction being slower, just a second of momentum from going diagonal to straight up/down/left/right, which feels really weird/awkward.

Personally, to me, it seems like a dead zone issue rather than a game issue.

After playing Halo 5 for quite a while now I think I can safely say that this game is the first positive addition to the series since Halo 3, in my opinion.

-Sprint is actually balanced.

-No gimmicky attempts at "realism" in the form of bloom or recoil.

-The starting weapon is precise and skillful.

-Aiming is actually a challenge.

-Radar is nerfed to all hell to the point that sneaking up and flanking people still works but the casuals are happy because they still have a little blue circle in the corner to give them a sense of security.

-Spartan abilities that make the game more exciting without being completely absurd or overpowered. (Good ol' armor lock)

-Weapon launching and sticky launching is back!

-The combination of thrusting + sprinting/clambering adds so many skillful jumps and tricks on these maps it's insane.

-Strafing is responsive and thrusting adds a new element to that. Gandhi hopping and crouching are super effective.

-No loadouts. Everyone starts on an even playing field.

-No killstreak weapon air drops (I legitimately forgot what these were called)

-EVERY. WEAPON. IS. USEFUL. Like seriously. Even the goddamn storm rifle is godly at close range. The entire weapon sandbox is usable and viable in various situations. Last time we came this close to a balanced sandbox was Halo CE.

-One of the biggest things to me and one of the most important: the competitive and the casual community have never been closer in settings. Once again, last time we were this close was Halo CE. No more shoving BR starts and no radar down peoples throats in competitive. The casual population can actually tune into an HCS event and they can relate with the settings, understand and enjoy the gameplay more. This can only be a good thing for viewership. I was all for BR starts, but after playing the game and becoming accustomed to the pistol I've come to love it and what it brings to the table.

Let me just finish off by saying something that'll probably be a controversial opinion. I was watching Ogre 2 play for a bit and you know what I noticed. His pistol aim was incredible and he was out shooting lots of other pros. He was really shining and proving why he is the goat. His skill was completely noticeable and to be honest with you, shooting was so easy in H2A that I feel truly skilled players like 2gre were getting overshadowed and became less significant. And I couldn't help but think while watching him play H5, I was watching this guy a little over a week ago playing H1 and the same skillful pistol aiming was apparent. An uncanny resemblance. Granted, I never played Halo CE in its prime but something about this game that we have now just makes me feel like it's a nearly perfect modern day successor of CE.

I'm sure there will be people who disagree with me on that but all I can say for sure is well done, 343. My hope was running thin with H4 and MCC, but this game has definitely rekindled my faith in you guys. (But please, for the love of God add the missing features that should have been present at launch soon, or we're going to be losing population way faster than we should be).

• Upvote (+1) 12
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I just posted the video two posts above yours. I don't notice any direction being slower, just a second of momentum from going diagonal to straight up/down/left/right, which feels really weird/awkward.

Personally, to me, it seems like a dead zone issue rather than a game issue.

Thanks. Seems better. Of course you didn't go left right or up down. So I can't compare your diagonal speed. Idk what sensitivity you were on.

If I had the game myself I would do this but at least for now I'll stop bugging you and admit it at least looks better in your vid.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I find myself never sprinting in this game. The maps are small, and a big cluster fuck.

Thanks. Seems better. Of course you didn't go left right or up down. So I can't compare your diagonal speed. Idk what sensitivity you were on.

If I had the game myself I would do this but at least for now I'll stop bugging you and admit it at least looks better in your vid.

Sounds good enough for me. Also, to answer your question I had my sensitivity on default. (3)

Just got Rig 7 times in a row in the Arena playlist. No veto would be a nice idea if I didn't get Rig EVERY single time

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can't believe after all of the issues we had with sprint and armor lock that people defend thrusters.

They're probably the worst thing to happen to this game.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1