CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I don't mind the abilities and new features. My ONLY problem with this game is the "AIMING" and these "MAPS" man. These 2 things just take the fun factor out of the game for me. The game feels weird and so uncomfortable and i don't feel like im playing a halo game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't mind the abilities and new features. My ONLY problem with this game is the "AIMING" and these "MAPS" man. These 2 things just take the fun factor out of the game for me. The game feels weird and so uncomfortable and i don't feel like im playing a halo game.

So the physical act of aiming in a FPS and maps you play in are bad? Seems like a pretty bid deal to me. 

What other game would you continue playing where the fundamental things that define the entire genre are this broken? I can't think of any. 

All these options and they couldn't give us an aim acceleration toggle...

I remember speaking with Thomas Mahler from Moon Studios once about an aim acceleration toggle- he said the option would 'literally take about 5 minutes to implement.'

There's been a crowd asking for an aim acceleration toggle since h3...

I remember speaking with Thomas Mahler from Moon Studios once about an aim acceleration toggle- he said the option would 'literally take about 5 minutes to implement.'

All we can do is wish for a PC port. Wider FOV, 144FPS, mods, and probably a server browser. Not holding my breath though. 

From r/halo:

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3qsgeu/video_in_body_this_is_halo_5s_aiming_bug/

someone claims theres a bug that : "Moving the reticle across an axis is much faster than moving the reticle in a diagonal line"

anybody have this issue. I have not played the game enough to feel it and often time I attribute issues like these to a bad controller or something I am doing wrong.

edit: this was posted earlier in the thread. i added link to r/halo .

• Upvote (+1) 1

we've been asking for a lot of things.

This is the first FPS in ages where my sensitivity is more than the default. I have it at 7 and it still feels a little slow.

Also can someone explain "aim acceleration" to me? I'm still not quite sure what it entails.

This is the first FPS in ages where my sensitivity is more than the default. I have it at 7 and it still feels a little slow.

"You're welcome. Enjoy having better aim at long range."

-343i

So the physical act of aiming in a FPS and maps you play in are bad? Seems like a pretty bid deal to me. 

What other game would you continue playing where the fundamental things that define the entire genre are this broken? I can't think of any. 

Ijs this is how i feel about the game so far. I can get used to the maps but the aiming is my number 1 issue. I don't know if its my controller but it feels like slow turn built in the game.

This game could be good but so many things ruin the game for me. 1st off being maps. Literally every map to me is terrible. I would take all MLG Halo 3 maps over these and the few Halo Reach maps and a lot of the defeat maps in both games over these. The Rig is basically half of Adrift if you havent notice. Truth is Midships very very big counterpart. At least color pink and car seriously. Plaza, how many entrances to everywhere do you need to have. So much for any sort of power position. Coliseum looks like a competitive want to be. The 3 jumps to get up to top snipe is so dumb. Along with had I can jump from top snipe to top rocks with my abilities. Sprint and now clambering have further ruined good basic maps. Map movement and just overall map making is ruined to add these two abilities. 2nd Aiming is totally messed up. I think the Beta had much better and cleaner shooting then this. I could be bad but its weird going from doing very well in MCC hardcore to losing almost every 1v1 I get into. 3rd is thruster I liked the idea but now I see its not good for halo. Sorry with the aiming the way it is I havent seen kids get away so much since vanilla Halo Reach. Having good positioning isn't possible anymore because I hit someone with 4 clean shots then they thruster around a corner, climber up and BAM they are gone. This game might be saved by the custom games but this is no longer a HALO game. Call this Spartan Arena and be done with it. Back to MCC Hardcore.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Also can someone explain "aim acceleration" to me? I'm still not quite sure what it entails.

I have it on ten. I've always played on 4.

So does the double req thing start tomorrow?

Not that we know.

Just watched a few Halo 5 beta clips I had. My god did my aim look better. I could actually place grenades accurately and deliberately unlike in Halo 5 now. I know it's not just the lack of auto aim, the shitty aim is effecting everything.

Here is one of them that I actually uploaded, notice the grenade throw. I could not do that now with the current aiming system. I have zero confidence in myself anymore because of how shit the aiming is.  

• Upvote (+1) 5

You with Time Warner?

Yes sir. I have done everything I could possibly do. Replaced cables, changed firewall settings, reset everything known to man. It happens in spurts

Why do you say that lol?

There's some weird lag issue going on in H5 and it only seems to be happening to people who's ISP is Time Warner.

Yes sir. I have done everything I could possibly do. Replaced cables, changed firewall settings, reset everything known to man. It happens in spurts

:/

Hopefully 343 and/or Time Warner can get this fixed in a timely manner.

There's some weird lag issue going on in H5 and it only seems to be happening to people who's ISP is Time Warner.

:/

Hopefully 343 and/or Time Warner can get this fixed in a timely manner.

It's pretty frustrating because I haven't seen Time Warner, Microsoft, or 343 acknowledge that there is a problem. It's just making me paranoid about my connection.