CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The fact that I can play this game and nothing immediately pisses me off puts it way above the last couple Halo games. I'm actually pretty happy with it.  

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just hit Champion 160 in Arena  :prayers:  :prayers:  :prayers:

Once you get past the placement matches, the ranking system is incredible. My last 7 matches have been incredibly close and fun as hell.

Hit champion as well and gotta agree. I've been getting a lot of 50-40 games and objective games are pretty close as well. been a lot of fun playing with friends. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good lord.

THE SPICE MUST FLOW.

That gets some serious brownie points from me not going to lie. Dune is one of the most epic sci-fi franchises ever.

On an unrelated note the latest NXOE dashboard update completely broke party chat for me. So now I can't hear anyone at all.  :salt:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I like how fast you can climb. I had really bad placements and got placed in Platinum 1 on launch night.

I have played 35 Team Arena games since and have moved up to Diamond 4. Plat 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and Diamond 1, 2, 3 and 4. Lots of divisions in not a lot of games. I like that the grind isn't long an unnecessary since there is a one month season system.

Just hit Champion 160 in Arena  :prayers:  :prayers:  :prayers:

Once you get past the placement matches, the ranking system is incredible. My last 7 matches have been incredibly close and fun as hell.

Started to grind SWAT since I'm bad. Really addicting and satisfying 

Halo CE - Shot lead confusion, host

Halo 2 - Easy mode, nobody misses, host

Halo 3 - Shot lead confusion, random spread, bad aiming, netcode, host

Halo Reach - Easy Mode, Bloom, host

Halo 4 - Easy mode, flinch, recoil

Halo 5 - ....aim smoothing?

For pistol battles, there is no confusion as to why you didn't win the battle. Nothing to blame. You missed, he hit. The only remote problem is the aim smoothing, but it's not like it's something that dictates who wins and who loses. Now, if we can isolate the skill needed to be good with the weapon, and not have it outclassed by rifles at long ranges, and AR at close range, we could have the second best Halo on our hands. Sniping ease is secondary issue. It's a problem but it's far from a game breaker.

CE shot lead confusion? Maybe a little in the MCC port but not in the original. Hell, I had more fun in the few games of CE 4v4 the night before Halo 5 launched than all my time with Halo 5. It's actually a Halo game, Halo 5 is not Halo anymore and I don't care what anyone says. Spawning with a really good weapon and fighting for powerups and power weapons almost constantly all while feeling in control of my aim. Damn I miss that.    

• Upvote (+1) 6

im Champion 10 in breakout and its taking pretty long to find games. Any others experiencing it?

Will somebody please get some customs going with no thrust and faster movement and acceleration? Maybe a few with BR starts as well? I'd love to see that. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You need to have a 3rd grade education first to understand how to read a script  :kappa: 

(let the roast wars begin)

do i look like spartan0S?

Will somebody please get some customs going with no thrust and faster movement and acceleration? Maybe a few with BR starts as well? I'd love to see that.

I will admit the game has potential via custom game options.

Its fun and adds a little extra to the rank grind tbo. Them skins/armor Kreygasm 

This whole "A million armor and guns thing" has never drawn me in. I dont play this game to do any of that. If its not helping me kill people its irrelevant and pointless.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So is Team Arena more enjoyable then the regular Slayer playlist?

Do you like Strongholds, CTF and Breakout?

Do you like Strongholds, CTF and Breakout?

Breakout is fun. What is stronghold?

This whole "A million armor and guns thing" has never drawn me in. I dont play this game to do any of that. If its not helping me kill people its irrelevant and pointless.

Unfortunately that's not how the majority of players feel. There's nothing wrong with customization. Adding it only gives people a bigger reason to keep playing.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I will admit the game has potential via custom game options.

Yea, too bad everyone is so anti changing anything in the name of parity. What the fuck happened people? 

"But then the casuals won't watch the competition!" 

I got a news flash for you, they never will! 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Oh, I see you're super serious. How serious is your serious face?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Domination from BF. 3 points to capture but you only score when you have control of the majority. 

Literally nothing new. 

4v4, three strongholds placed around the map. The team who holds two of them will gain points. 

First to 100 to win.

Breakout either with only pistols, or more health would be more fun I think, autos and grenades really kind of ruin it as a competitive gametype.

What controllers you guys using? I wonder if it makes a difference. I know @@VinFTW is using the elite. And if it's the default controller is it the one with the dead-zone firmware or not?

Default controller with latest firmware.

Maybe I'm good at aiming because I play a lot of PC games?

Default controller with latest firmware.

Maybe I'm good at aiming because I play a lot of PC games?

Wait, what? What's the logic there? 

• Upvote (+1) 1