CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

AR fights are way more interesting in H5 than in any other Halo game I find. The lower aim assist combined with decent strafe speed and effective crouch strafing make it actually possible to juke kids out hard in AR figths.

• Upvote (+1) 1

not sure what you're talking about. Went against solid players (Onyx )in Arena/slayer and it's barely any ARs. Went against Hysteria and FiS and no one used it there either. If I ever get stomped its by good map movement aiming and communication.

You honestly don't go to FFA, do you?

Angry joes stream is depressing.

I've been watching the stream for a while and, to me, it's just extremely cringeworthy. The chat doesn't help.

AR fights are way more interesting in H5 than in any other Halo game I find. The lower aim assist combined with decent strafe speed and effective crouch strafing make it actually possible to juke kids out hard in AR figths.

halo 5 does have the least shitty ar starts. Woo.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

If by more interesting you mean reading the thesaurus is more interesting than reading the dictionary.

• Upvote (+1) 1

After seeing the crouching-to-reduce spread thing, I decided to take the matter into my own hands and figure out how good it was... when stacked with smart scope.

I expect the results to upset people: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Vetoed/video/12467517

1) regular shooting

2) crouch shooting

3) regular shooting with smart scope

4) crouch shooting with smart scope

Yikes.

H5 is worse than I thought...

• Downvote (-1) 1

I'm gonna have to strongly disagree with this. We shouldn't need a certain gametype for everyone to feel like "yea, this map is pretty good". the map itself should already be good and then we fit the correct gametypes to it. I'm all for Halo maps having verticality, but not at the cost of having to clamber every 5 seconds when i'm moving around.

I mean 343 has set it's sights on this and I'll take it over Reach and 4 any day. What are we going to do anymore? We had 2 shit Halo games but now we have a good game with some setbacks. Cross fingers for better DLC. Other than that, I am enjoying this game and what it currently has to offer in its early life.

I've been watching the stream for a while and, to me, it's just extremely cringeworthy. The chat doesn't help.

he's really drunk, I mean I get his rant on micro transactions, but I completely disagree with his assessment of the campaign, he's saying the same shit he said when he reviewed odst and it was bs back then as well. As for mp, he said arena was fun, he clearly didn't like warzone(although neither do I). Like I was hoping he'd do a review on this game, but now I feel like I'm going to hate it, unless he plays it sober and gets used to it or something.

Halo CE - Shot lead confusion, host
Halo 2 - Easy mode, nobody misses, host
Halo 3 - Shot lead confusion, random spread, bad aiming, netcode, host
Halo Reach - Easy Mode, Bloom, host
Halo 4 - Easy mode, flinch, recoil
Halo 5 - ....aim smoothing?

For pistol battles, there is no confusion as to why you didn't win the battle. Nothing to blame. You missed, he hit. The only remote problem is the aim smoothing, but it's not like it's something that dictates who wins and who loses. Now, if we can isolate the skill needed to be good with the weapon, and not have it outclassed by rifles at long ranges, and AR at close range, we could have the second best Halo on our hands. Sniping ease is secondary issue. It's a problem but it's far from a game breaker.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Warzone itself is awful and about as unfair as anything. People get 50+ kills because they constantly spawn tanks and snipers and you can't combat them at all. Rockets really need lock on ability in there. Warzone assault though is a great experience. Very lopsided depending on whether you are attacking or defending but it's some good fun. Destroying the core is so satisfying because it's so difficult to break a set up.

we could have the second best Halo on our hands.

Not even close as long as spartan abilities are on.

It's a shame that, once again, the game needs to be heavily modified to make the gameplay decent.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

You know h5 is bad when you start saying "the AR fights are much better this time around."

Why?

Warzone itself is awful and about as unfair as anything. People get 50+ kills because they constantly spawn tanks and snipers and you can't combat them at all. Rockets really need lock on ability in there. Warzone assault though is a great experience. Very lopsided depending on whether you are attacking or defending but it's some good fun. Destroying the core is so satisfying because it's so difficult to break a set up.

default warzone is really bad, it's so disjointed and unorganized, the asymmetrical semi invasion nature of assault makes it a decent side mode.

he's really drunk, I mean I get his rant on micro transactions, but I completely disagree with his assessment of the campaign, he's saying the same shit he said when he reviewed odst and it was bs back then as well. As for mp, he said arena was fun, he clearly didn't like warzone(although neither do I). Like I was hoping he'd do a review on this game, but now I feel like I'm going to hate it, unless he plays it sober and gets used to it or something.

It's not the worst micro-transaction system out there, especially when compared to how EA's titles handle theirs, but that's just me and I don't expect any agreement form me as quite a few people are set in their thought process for microtransactions of any kind. As for everything else, his reviews are pure entertainment at best for me and I rarely take them seriously due to how he approaches said reviews.

I don't watch him often, but is he usually drunk and this ridiculous when streaming?

Warzone is so bad. I just can't find the fun in it. The first half of every game is people peek shooting each other from a mile away and the second half everyone has 1sk weapons and vehicles

Such a waste of dev time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I played Orion for the first time, I understand why people dislike it. I don't mind it but that's probably only because my team won really hard. 

These Bronze 1 matches on Twitch is like watching headless chickens running around in a pin.

Who's streaming Bronze matches? This is something I'd like to see.