CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Interesting, so my sole opinion on the aiming issue will be the tipping point on whether or not it's a legitimate problem, after I play the game? 

I did not know I wielded such power. 

You can't even have an opinion.

It's okay bro they fixed the aiming

lemon is just salty cuz his 14 year old game on MCC population dropped.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 13

This is my personally opinion on H5 and my almost 20 hours of experience.

Well let me start out by saying I don't HATE the game I just simply don't find it to be what I thought it was going to be.

First off competitive. Arena is supposed to be a competitive playlist. LET ME START OUT by saying Pistol/AR starts (WHY) Just do BR start! I believe that having Radar, having thrust, having all these weird power weapons, having the same settings as normal slayer is just not competitive. A 343 employee or someone from 343 said "You don't know if you don't like it until you trying" Basically saying that they are trying to push out radar for competitive and I highly disagree with this. (BEFORE THE LAUNCH) And another thing I wanna point out is that thrust is just not competitive because you can just thrust away mid BR fight and get away. I also wanna point out that I dont care about sprint because you can watch where they go and its not like they can just sprint away while regenening health (H5 limits it where you dont regen health while sprinting which is nice) One last thing that I can think of right now is the spawns. The competitive spawns are probably the worst spawn system in any Halo. I have had multiple encounters where I spawn infront of someones crosshair and get spawn killed within 1 second, and also have had encounters where I spawn right near people and kill them right off my spawn. (the spawns dont make me dislike arena at all it just needs tweaking)

Now to the playlists.

Slayer - Its your normal casual play, radar, thrust, sprint, all of those weapons, and just everything straight from H5. Casual stays casual and its fun if you are just playing with some friends.

Breakout - Never played the playlist but it seems kinda fun I like it at least just really annoying searching solo but overall a nice thing added to Halo. My one problem is just the shields, I dont understand why they are weaker shields than the other normal shields. Overall its fun!

FFA - Theres a thread made by this by one of my friends and I agree with everything he said go check it out ( http://teambeyond.ne...s-w-halo-5-ffa/ )

Swat - Its your normal Halo swat. The only problem I have is spawn killing. I understand that spawn killing was always a thing in swat etc but its unbelievable in Halo 5 and needs to be fixed!

Overall - Well comp rules are just weird and aren't competitive. Spawns need to be fixed as the spawns are kinda bad and they suck. I understand this game is very fast and hard to have good spawns but they can be tweaked. Also Pistol/AR start is just dumb and should not even be in casual play. If anything just do BR start for comp play and do Pistol/AR start in casual play. Theres a lot of things I missed this is all I could think of on the top of my head!

Ranks - Ranks are cool its like League. But let me get this out. I am mostly a solo player and not a team player (I mostly search solo) SO I FEEL that people should not get ranked in bad placements just because they lose. As for me in Arena I got ranked Diamond 1 because I lost 2 games because of my team mates almost goosing. For my other playlists I got ranked onyx and champion. Another thing is if I do good and I lose because of my team mates I feel it shouldn't count as a rank loss (as in it still gets counted as a loss in my stats but towards my rank it doesnt affect it as much as an actual loss does) One and last more thing is I am champion and I am matching Plats, Diamonds, Unranks, and sometimes my own ranks! NOW hold on more thing (Kappa) WHEN I am searching Solo I am matching parties of 4? When I am searching 2s I am matching parties of 4? When in a party of 4 I am matching parties of 2s and solo players? WHY! How could they not figure this out in 2 games? MCC AND H4!

H5 isnt a bad game I just dont agree with the comp rules and if they were tweaked a bit I would enjoy it. Even if they just tweaked the spawns and got rid of the radar and made it BR start I would enjoy it. They need to fix the matching parties of 4 while solo thing. They need to tweak the ranking system. Overall is an alright game searching with a team of four but the game wears on you fast and it gets boring.

Now I know I didnt cover campaign or warzone but thats because I have not tried them yet, and in this whole thing I most likely misspelled things, worded it weird, and just overall might be confusing. THESE ARE MY OPINIONS!

I posted this on the forums but forgot about this enjoy Kappa

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Id love to see a stream of lemon playing halo 5. I'd get popcorn for that shit.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Who cares what angry Joe thinks? He said reach was amazing so... Plus he is a total noob at everything he plays.

He's reviews reach millions of viewers, In all of the things Halo needs right now Bad Rep on the internet is not one of them.

He's slowly understanding how REQs isn't so bad after all 

But He's complaining about aim acceleration a lot now

He's reviews reach millions of viewers, In all of the things Halo needs right now Bad Rep on the internet is not one of them.

Rightfully so, the aiming fucking sucks.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well the aim acceleration is certainly a nuisance. I'd like the ability to turn it off.

I may be a fuckboi...

...but I'm a PREMIUM fuckboi now boys

:weback::beyond: :flames: :prayers:

Don't forget to enter our Halo 5 giveaway in the Premium section!

He's reviews reach millions of viewers

His viewers don't buy games so no harm no foul.

And every pro said Halo 4 was the best Halo yet......

All the more reason just to form your own opinion

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't forget to enter our Halo 5 giveaway in the Premium section!

Will do, thanks.

Well, I don't care what anyone says or thinks but my self.

Oh I am in complete agreement.  Regretfully the majority of the gaming populous does not share the same sentiment (when it comes to whether or not they should or shouldnt buy/play a certain title)

Have you been to Iraq? If not, you better not have an opinion on it.

I don't see how this can compare to how the aiming FEELS.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't see how this can compare to how the aiming FEELS.

You can use comparable experiences. If someone told me that Halo 5 aiming feels like Halo 3's style, I would understand how shitty that was. Even if someone explained: "It feels like the reticle moves slowly when you first move the thumb-stick, but then moves a lot quicker after a moment," I could understand and relate to that.

The point was that you don't need to experience the exact situation to understand whether or not you'd like it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You can't even have an opinion.

So the next time you watch a movie trailer, at the end of it you are not allowed to say if it is good or bad, OR you would or wouldnt want to see it.

That make sense to you?

So some thoughts after a fair few hours played:

After going back through the CE and Halo 2 campaigns I feel like I'm in opposite land with some people's complaints about Halo 5's. While I did enjoy the original trilogy, the improvement in level design (how encounters play out as well as how to approach them, verticality, diversity) are better than they ever have been. The pacing was also quite good and until nearing the end it never felt bloated or like I was doing menial game-y things that didn't advance the plot.

The game absolutely needs some sort of social playlist(s) as soon as possible.

Clamber is excellent in my opinion. The verticality of the maps and the possibilities for routes are great but more importantly it just feels so natural. I would honestly have a hard time going back to not having it.

Weapon balancing is a strange one and one that I'm not fully sure where I sit on either. A 4sk pistol is a reasonable ask but I don't think the game is broken without it (a 3sk pistol would be a joke). Unlike Halo 3 I don't really feel cheated by some weapons and I feel perfectly content with allowing almost any gun be used in MLG settings where suited.

The maps are quite underrated, especially Fathom. I would like to see a few more released before Christmas though, and some more gametypes even sooner than that.

Breakout is fun for what it is but it needs to leave the Team Arena playlist pronto, my stomach just sinks whenever I get it.

There needs to be a radar-less playlist.

So yea, overall really loving it. Two thumbs up

I'll make a concise list of what I think needs to change soon

1.) Pistol only starts, or AR is nerfed.

2.) Sniper is fixed

3.) FFA needs to be 6 man

4.) FFA needs better spawns

5.) Remove Breakout from Team Arena

6.) Remove Orion.

I'd also like to end on this note,

thruster packs are worse than armor lock