CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

My god this is not traditional Halo.

343i, why have you mutated my favorite AAA game into a B level experience?

All it takes is for them to put "Halo" on the box and people will buy it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just watched Pistola's VoD. That kid isn't right in the head but damn, he must have a fair bit of money.

Can't say I'm surprised to see Waypoint full of threads for things like complaining that there is not enough auto aim, complaining that the motion sensor range is too short, and complaining that the pistol is OP.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ahh gotcha. That must mean the FFA people are pretty upset.

That's not to say FFA never had weapons. Reach had grenade launcher which to my knowledge no one opposed, but having 3 kids squirreling around the map with scattershot/rockets/fuel rod is aggravating.

That's not to say FFA never had weapons. Reach had grenade launcher which to my knowledge no one opposed, but having 3 kids squirreling around the map with scattershot/rockets/fuel rod is aggravating.

Yea I get having some weapons. But having so many easy to use ones is annoying.

Uh, I don't remember saying anything about psychological pseudoscience, but I fail to see why it's unreasonable to say they made the pistol what it is to contribute to REQ pack purchases yet it is totally understandable to suggest that they added some sinister subliminal mumbo-jumbo to accomplish the exact same goal. In fact, I'm pretty damn sure the latter is far more of a tinfoil theory.

lw3nwWz.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

Guys holy shit, i just figured out the best button layout.

If you play on bumper jumper with two paddle scuf controller.... Have the left paddle on A and switch B to X. So that way you can press "X" on the right paddle, it will allow you to thrust mid pistol battle without taking your thumb off the stick. I lost like 95% of my battles cuz of that... Not any more!!!! :D

AngryJoe just flipped off 343 in his Stream LOL

he also said Halo is not a system seller anymore

Probably because of Lack of Forge, No SplitScreen, MicroTransacs, Short Campaign

Yeah pretty sure Joe is roasting 343 about Lan connection? Im not sure

His Halo 5 review is gonna be rough

Most of the people I see complaining have admittedly not even played the game. One of the most skeptical among us (@humpflung) is really enjoying it as well.

If you really don't like the game, fine, but stop trying to discredit the people who do.

Thanks.

There's a difference between saying "I like the game", and saying "this is the best functional experience we've had since [arbitrary installment]".

A lot of people like Halo 3. Fine. Saying it performs better than Halo 2 is where it stops being a matter of preference and becomes a matter of debate.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Why in the fuck does 343 show the option to zoom in thearte but you cant actually zoom??? The hell? Did they just actually forget to put it?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I definitely think this is the best Halo since H3, purely because I don't feel like I am getting bullshitted every game.

IMO, it might be better than H3 but that remains to be seen.

Thanks.

Halo 2 bro here with most time played in Reach.

After playing Anniversary Classic and then CE in MCC I can't go back to team-shot Halo.

Campaign aside, I wouldn't buy Halo 3... or even Halo 2 if you tried to sell it to me today.

Halo 5 multiplayer could be better than both if those (doubtful) and that's still not good enough.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The gunplay is great imo but the game needs a lot more content ASAP. Around Christmas we'll hopefully have the full game that we paid 60 bucks for (Playlist variety, btb, forge, proper custom settings and dem legendary weapons). And more than 3 Warzone maps would be great...getting a bit bored with them already. 

Played a few be start ffas on Bigship(Truth) and shit was halo 4 level like br play. Too easy. So many perfect medals on the killfeed. I was 4ing like half my battles I admit I like the pistol more for FFA and eveythng else in general.

I'm getting tired of people being told that it's a honeymoon phase, or whatever other nonsense, when they say they like the game. I definitely think this is the best Halo since H3, purely because I don't feel like I am getting bullshitted every game.

IMO, it might be better than H3 but that remains to be seen. I'm not having any aiming issues, I like the maps, the movement and strafe all feel great compared to previous titles, the ranking system is addicting and doesn't feel like a grind.

Sure the game has its issues, but the positives far outway the negatives. FFA needs to be reworked, sniper is clunky, Orion sucks...

Most of the people I see complaining have admittedly not even played the game. One of the most skeptical among us (@humpflung) is really enjoying it as well.

If you really don't like the game, fine, but stop trying to discredit the people who do.

Thanks.

Exactly this. I'm a die hard CE fan and for the most part I'm enjoying Halo 5. Aiming matters again, it's incredibly satisfying to get reversals with the pistol. You can actually be down a shot and still have a fighting chance. Halo hasn't felt that way in a while.

• Upvote (+1) 2

343 needs to make Pistol primary and remove AR from loadout, Buff Pistol to 4sk, and if not I would like BR primary and Pistol secondary.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm down for a little honey mooning but let's not get crazy saying this compares to H3. H3 had breadth and depth on many levels, from theatre to campaign to forge, to playlists, to gameplay etc. etc. When H5 tops live for even a solid year we can talk...

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm down for a little honey mooning but let's not get crazy saying this compares to H3. H3 had breadth and depth on many levels, from theatre to campaign to forge, to playlists, to gameplay etc. etc.

But it's gameplay sucked.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So auto-stabilize is mandatory for some jumps but it's annoying for regular gameplay. Supposedly the pro team said you need it once the meta develops. Really? It just seems like such a hindrance.