CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Aaaaaand there goes the machinima community. Lol. Speedrunners are fucked yet again with no theater. Map creators have to wait til December. Its like 343 hates content creators

there's theater, 12 people can view at one time even in campaign, too bad we can't save clips though.

Can you rank down after a win? I swear I was watching it go down after winning.

@Ninja tweeted out that he beat the Sudds a few times and deranked lol.

What is everybody their thought about the camo in breakout? I really dislike it, it seems te be very overpowered.

Ya breakout's inclusion in TA has essentially forced me to not play the playlist at all.

Or im just going to start dashboarding every time it comes up.

I don't know why they would cram it down people's throats like that. It already has a playlist.

I just don't find this game fun at all. The maps imo are trash. I'm not a fan of strongholds and of course that's what you play 95% of the time, and again I HATE how there's no party restrictions in arena. All I can say is at least black ops 3 comes out in a week. Halo 5 is just not for me.

I can't really comment on multiplayer, but I finished the campaign last night and I'm just not feeling it. I not going to bash 343 because I now they put some serious time and effort into this game. I just don't like their style when it comes to the environment and sound and I didn't really feel like I was drawn to pay attention to what was going on in the campaign--shot stuff, move forward, push a button, next mission. So far anyway, this isn't "we back" halo for me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This the same pistola that broke his hand by punching a table? How are you guys surprised...

P.s. I got champion in slayer ;). We played the number 1 player and guess what? Crouch fest. We lost Orion 23-25 in the most boring game of H5 ever played. Maybe camo top mid could help that map?

Hey, I broke my hand from punching a sign out of anger, not proud of it, but I think my friends would still be surprised if I went insane....

I don't know why they would cram it down people's throats like that. It already has a playlist.

"Force people to deal with one thing so that you can push something else on them" is basically the Microsoft company motto.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Things I've noticed since playing H5:

1) YYing with the sniper is now a bad habit because it takes much longer to zoom in after switching weapons.

2) Meleeing while in the air is extremely delayed (like more than half a second, test it yourself). If I had to guess, it's because ground pound is mapped to the same button.

3) My reticle feels oddly sluggish. I felt this way when I first played H2A but this feels much worse.

I've had a lot of gripe about meleeing in the air too. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

DONT YOU FUCKING DARE

From what I can tell it's not a guaranteed one shot kill anymore. Instead of just a simple projectile every bullet is like small ray gun of sort and for it to one shot the entire ray has to hit him

• Upvote (+1) 1

something is certainly off with the netcode, when i play on foreign servers i can do a thruster and still shoot invisible bullets that count while doing so

only works on far away dedicated servers though

also i can shoot through walls when the opponent tries to run into cover, and tradekills are also very common

imo all an indication that the tickrate is pretty low, probably 10hz or something like that :(

imo all an indication that the tickrate is pretty low, probably 10hz or something like that :(

It's okay, 60FPS makes up for that and helps the gameplay. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I am still getting bad lag in the game. People running into walls, skipping, and lagging out of games. This doesn't happen to me in any other games. Going to mess with router firewall/Disable UPnP/forward ports after work to see if this help at all.

Anyone still having lag issues? If this keeps up I'm switching from Time Warner.

• Upvote (+1) 1

played some more matches last night. wish there was more item control. two power weapons on the maps, and most of the maps have no powerups... makes for some stale slayer matches imo.

also, the countdown timer for power weapons on the screen to me seems to defeat the purpose of needing to time the weapons in your head.

Initial thoughts (MP only):

- De-scope animation is just(IMO) horrible, clunky and not fluid in any way(unlike the other Halo's)

- The Rig needs to go away asap, bad bad map with too many campy spots and in TS is basically a crouch-fest.

- Orion needs something top mid to make teams push for it and not just stay back.

- Aiming feels good but I feel the acceleration is kinda effed up.

- Lower Aim Assist is boss, end.

- Warzone is fun if you  have friends playing with you, else it's as boring as it gets.

- I wish the pistol was 4sk, I hope 343 is able to make that change. I like how rewarding it is to land all shots and get that perfect 5.

- Sniper magnetism is  Halo 2 levels, pls  nerf that.

-Ranking system is still kinda iffy, much better than ANY OTHER HALO but since it's week 1, hectic and unbalance matches will happen.

I'm very impressed with the quality of the game...if only we had all the features other Halo's  had since day one, this would've been POSSIBLY the best Halo we had in the past 10 years.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Slayer gives you a chance to play Orion.

Arena gives you two chances to play Breakout.

There is no veto system.

They really dropped the ball with these playlists.

• Upvote (+1) 3

played some more matches last night. wish there was more item control. two power weapons on the maps, and most of the maps have no powerups... makes for some stale slayer matches imo.

also, the countdown timer for power weapons on the screen to me seems to defeat the purpose of needing to time the weapons in your head.

One-minute static powerups would be really nice. They're either way too easy to burn with the new animations, or don't last a full minute. There needs to be something to contest on 1, 5, 7, and 11.

• Upvote (+1) 1

not sure if it was mentioned before but when you pick up OS or Camo instantly press Y to switch from that pointless animation to pulling your gun back out

edit:

I wonder if this can prevent players from burning OS (dumb dumb idea which should have never made it into the game). Camo should be burned because you don't gain any extra shield from it, but never overshield.

not sure if it was mentioned before but when you pick up OS or Camo instantly press Y to switch from that pointless animation to pulling your gun back out

edit:

I wonder if this can prevent players from burning OS (dumb dumb idea which should have never made it into the game). Camo should be burned because you don't gain any extra shield from it, but never overshield.

I knew you could thrust out of it, but that's really interesting that you can simply press Y.

Is there any sort of timing to it, and does it make you switch weapons?

-Ranking system is still kinda iffy, much better than ANY OTHER HALO but since it's week 1, hectic and unbalance matches will happen.

What does this week 1 stuff mean? It's going to be like this every time a new season starts. I personally don't see Halo 5's population increasing like Halo 2s and 3s. The last few days are probably the highest amount of ranked players playing the game there will ever be.

If anything, ranked is going to get worse than you already think if the population declines.

@Ninja tweeted out that he beat the Sudds a few times and deranked lol.

Ninja is like champion 7 or whatever, and champions 1-6 are playing when he is, and champions 8-20. So all the Champions around him are winning are going up when hes beating the Sudds who are not that good of ranks.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I knew you could thrust out of it, but that's really interesting that you can simply press Y.

You still have to wait for it to pop but you can continue shooting.

What is the highest number of people allowed in onyx?

For example I have Onyx 1518 at what point in the placement number would I get knocked down to diamond?

If you hit Onyx, you're locked in and won't derank. You can't derank to another rank "group" (Bronze, Silver, Diamond, etc.).

I am still getting bad lag in the game. People running into walls, skipping, and lagging out of games. This doesn't happen to me in any other games. Going to mess with router firewall/Disable UPnP/forward ports after work to see if this help at all.

Anyone still having lag issues? If this keeps up I'm switching from Time Warner.

If you use these ports, it should help: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live. I'd check to  make sure your NAT is Open in the Xbox One settings too. 

the switching is pretty quick...just press Y as soon as you grab it....you don't switch weapons, you pull out the weapon you were previously holding before the animation

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's okay, 60FPS makes up for that and helps the gameplay. :kappa:

complains about sluggish aiming yet still doesn't understand the benefits of 60fps

#justcursedthings

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2