CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

That's how it's suppose to be. Once ranked in a division the only way to go up is by winning and you'll go down by losing.

No shit.  but black and white like that is flawed.

First patch should be this imo:

Buff pistol to a 4sk and increase mag size

Get AT LEAST two permanent social playlists. Social Slayer and Social Arena at a minimum

Nerf the BR so it's not a power weapon

Nerf the AR. Possibly get rid of it in ranked arena if the pistol mag gets buffed?

Increase occurence of slayer on Truth in the slayer playlist.

Increase all occurences of non city maps. Decrease occurence of city maps.

6 person FFA.

Decrease spawn times for Slayer.

Decrease breakout occurence in Team Arena

Add Orion and Pegasus to Slayer.

Fix the voice chat symbols so you can see who's talking.

Fix FFA spawns and fix spawns across the board.

Remove post game betrayal penalties.

Fix the INSULT that is custom games. Anything less than reach custom options is a fucking rip off.

Add king of the hill, oddball, and assault so we're not playing the same TWO OBJECTIVE GAMETYPES over and over and over.

These are all reasonable fixes and if it seems like a lot, then that sucks. People arent going to wait months for fixes to problems that shouldn't be problems in the first place.

If this game doesn't see bi-monthly patches it's going to die hard. 343 makes more money and has a bigger budget than 90% of other companies, yet they patch their games slower than 90% of other companies.

It's time to stop stunting your games, 343. This "sustain" crap is a recent idea by AAA companies to cover up the lack of shit people paid full price for.

Idk about you guys, but I'm fucking tired of 343 waiting until AFTER their games die to fix the most basic stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Its funny how the only gametype that has BR starts is in SWAT... BR still beats the hell out of the pistol and plus the pistol reticule is to small.

Sigh. Let the game breath jesus christ.

Halo 4 breated freely for about 4 months until the population dropped to 30k people online, a population that took other Halos 5 or 6 years to reach.

343 breathing freely is launching Halo 4 without ranks and waiting half a year to add them.

They were probably breathing pretty nice patching MCC every 3 or 4 months.

But hey, no fileshare since 343 took over Halo over the course of 3 games, 2 on a better console than a console that once featured fileshare. 2 objective gametypes LOL. Least unique maps ever, least amount of playlists ever, least amount of content ever in a halo game. Keep letting them breathe bro, they'll get too it "soon".

Let's give them a break until after black ops 3 and Fallout 4 launches while we're at it lol.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I find it funny how players trying to level up to the next division, tries to get someone 2 divisions higher to boost them thinking it'll be easy. 

Find it funnier when they think the player 2 divisions higher is playing like shit, when actually they are getting matched with players of his skill. 

Its funny how the only gametype that has BR starts is in SWAT... BR still beats the hell out of the pistol and plus the pistol reticule is to small.

Fun to use =/= easy to use...

I'd probably lose a lot of interest if they replace the pistol with he BR...

But the AR really needs a nerf (or the pistol a buff..)

Even if 343 is not willing to change the damage, increasing the clip size for the pistol and decreasing the clip size of the AR is the minimum 343 should do!

How is your connection quality? I've had some bad hit registration problems yesterday...I lost several fights after I simply stopped shooting or turned away because I was a 100% sure that my last bullet should have been the final shot...

@@Sal1ent, my friends are saying "I want to play Halo" for the first time since god knows how long.

I thank you and your team for that. We have booked our first "Halo night" in almost years for this weekend. Very excited. Please let the server gods be kind.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@Sal1ent, my friends are saying "I want to play Halo" for the first time since god knows how long.

I thank you and your team for that. We have booked our first "Halo night" in almost years for this weekend. Very excited. Please let the server gods be kind.

Funnily its the exact opposite for friends who've always played on splitscreen together

• Upvote (+1) 5

already did, if you missed it too bad.

So you should go up or stay the same because you went positive? Who cares, if that was the case you'd have everybody statting because winning the game wouldn't matter. Last time I checked Halo was a team game so why wouldn't winning the game be the only way to go up?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Funnily its the exact opposite for friends who've always played on splitscreen together

Yeah two guys I work with were pretty butthurt when I told them H5 doesn't have splitscreen. Now they are just hyped for Fallout.

taxfn.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

So you should go up or stay the same because you went positive? Who cares, if that was the case you'd have everybody statting because winning the game wouldn't matter. Last time I checked Halo was a team game so why wouldn't winning the game be the only way to go up?

It doesn't just have to be wins or just have to be stats.  It should be a combination of a lot of things.  But the way 343 did it was so it would be easy for them to code and they wouldn't have to use their brains.  Quite like you're doing now.

• Downvote (-1) 2

I got one IRL friend returning to Halo. The rest have moved on, but my Halo 3 online bro's have all been online which is crazy to see:P 

Ever since getting Champion 1 and winning another match, I haven't found a game in almost two hours.

Can you cap some of your games? Would be interested to see what top level FFA looks like in this game.

Add Orion and Pegasus to Slayer.

FUCKING REMOVE ORION YOU MEAN. I REALLY HOPE THIS WAS A TYPO.

Seriously though Orion is fucking horrific garbage worst fucking map I've ever fucking played. I literally got that shit 7 times in a row in the Team Slayer playlist.

Same with my friends. Well actually the only friend that still played Halo (before MCC killed his buzz). He sent me a message last night saying, 'back to Destiny' after only playing a handful of games.

What 343 don't realise is that people make their decision based on first impressions, and if they feel like the aiming is off, they're not going to wait around until it 'feels better'. Most of them will just move on to the next upcoming AAA title, and over the next few weeks, will have quite the selection to choose from.

Same with my friends. Well actually the only friend that still played Halo (before MCC killed his buzz). He sent me a message last night saying, 'back to Destiny' after only playing a handful of games.

What 343 don't realise is that people make their decision based on first impressions, and if they feel like the aiming is off, they're not going to wait around until it 'feels better'. Most of them will just move on to the next upcoming AAA title, and over the next few weeks, will have quite the selection to choose from.

Id say ToO in Destiny, even with supers, is better than any match I've played in H5/4.  Buuuuuut I'm over the grindiness of Destiny and hoped H5 would be great.  It isn't. So now the wait for SWBF.

FUCKING REMOVE ORION YOU MEAN. I REALLY HOPE THIS WAS A TYPO.

Seriously though Orion is fucking horrific garbage worst fucking map I've ever fucking played. I literally got that shit 7 times in a row in the Team Slayer playlist.

I have yet to get Orion in at all, different tiers play different maps?  Cause I legit play the same 4 maps I feel like.

I have yet to get Orion in at all, different tiers play different maps?  Cause I legit play the same 4 maps I feel like.

You are lucky. Trust me. You do not want to play it.

• Upvote (+1) 1