CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Anyone getting lots of lag in this game? Teleporting, and people walking into walls constantly. Then I'll get a game that's perfect, then right back to the lag so I have a feeling it's not me

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can someone TL;DR why Forge didn't ship? 

343i has this ridiculous #sustain program where they'll be releasing features/playlists in the future to keep the game fresh. Because somehow that makes more sense than releasing it all at once.

Okay so Day 2 of this extreme lag problem on Halo 5.

My connection is perfect, any other game is great. LoL, CS:GO, CoD: AW (on Xbox One) Destiny (Xbox One).

But literally every game of Halo 5, I am skipping, everyone is walking into walls, etc. I cant play the game. Not sure what I am supposed to do at this point.

I don't think I've posted on these forums (always a lurker) but I've had the same problems that you've had. What makes it even worse is that TWC has blamed MS and even my own equipment. Like you I have no clue what else we can do, the lag is so bad I rubber band in my own custom game. It's really disheartening.  

Because they are still balancing it after 3 years and are giving us so much free content from the bottom of their hearts.

You have 2 options with 343soft Halo.

They either release shit on time and have it be broken...

Or you have to wait a few months because they are fixing something that's broken right now.

Probably not refined as much as they want, performance issues and bugs, assets not complete.

List goes on.

Jeez, haven't posted around here in months.

Haven't played Xbox in around 5 months either, so that's something.

I can't tell if I'm enjoying Halo 5 or not. Got placed into Diamond 1, so that's something.

I don't think I've posted on these forums (always a lurker) but I've had the same problems that you've had. What makes it even worse is that TWC has blamed MS and even my own equipment. Like you I have no clue what else we can do, the lag is so bad I rubber band in my own custom game. It's really disheartening.  

Try going into your browser, type in your modems IP and go to the "Firewall" tab. They have a bunch of bullshit settings enabled by default. I disabled some things and ever since that I havent had a laggy game. I am about 3 games deep into testing this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Orion in TS is still my only problem with this game rofl

Honestly remove Orion TS and put in Eden, Empire, and others maps into Slayer to increase variety. I think that playlist should be ALL of Arena and Team Arena should be the BEST of Arena.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I did it, Champion 1!

dcb97850bcbb63109972378952ec7727.png

Even though I'm sure it'll be gone tomorrow...

Congrats man, that's fukken cool.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I did it, Champion 1!

dcb97850bcbb63109972378952ec7727.png

Even though I'm sure it'll be gone tomorrow...

You deserved it. Naded and Aries in the same game, so it wasn't easy to get to that rank. Congratz!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just got ranked.  This system is a joke.  FFA anyway.

I only won one match and I only finished top three half the matches, and I believe I was in 7-8th place once.

I expected maybe a mid gold ranking.

Nope.

Onyx 1500. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just got ranked.  This system is a joke.  FFA anyway.

I only won one match and I only finished top three half the matches, and I believe I was in 7-8th place once.

I expected maybe a mid gold ranking.

Nope.

Onyx 1500. 

You probably matched with Onyx Players the whole time. 

Am I the only one that genuinely enjoys The Rig?

I'm with you. Definitely prefer Slayer over Strongholds but I enjoy both.

Is it just me or are there way too many nades in the game? Everyone always has 4-6 cuz they spawn so much and so many places, so i'm basically waiting for 6 nades to go off before I even get to the gunfight. If there's anymore teammates around its 8-12 nades, 12-18 nades...you get the idea. Feels very clown fiesta sometimes cuz of this.   

• Upvote (+1) 3