CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Xbox One or Halo 5?

X1, new UI update.

In other news, played Orion for the first time. What in the actual fuck? Are they serious? Is this one of the maps they included in the total count?

Orion is probably the worst dev forge map I've ever played on. Spawns suck and has a terrible layout. Its worse than The Cage from Reach. Can't wait until forge releases so Orion can die.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I agree. Orion is Halo 5's worst map atm. It's so onesided. Pegasus is better than it. Though I've only played Pegasus in FFA. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I know this is like extremely early, but do we have an ETA on when the first DLC is supposed to drop? More importantly, has Bravo or anyone said anything about this first playlist update and what will be added. Lastly, will Warzone be the only "Social" playlist and everything else ranked? Don't get me wrong I love Arena and I'm having a blast I just have some buddies who aren't at my level so all I can play with them is Warzone and that gets old pretty quick. Thanks for any info.

I agree. Orion is Halo 5's worst map atm. It's so onesided. Pegasus is better than it. Though I've only played Pegasus in FFA. 

Pegasus in the beta was my favorite map. It actually felt like a map meant for BRs. It doesn't really feel the same anymore, I think they changed it.

The amount of people in placement matches I get on my team while going in as 2 diamonds.... smh never gonna rank up like this

Orion is probably the worst dev forge map I've ever played on. Spawns suck and has a terrible layout. Its worse than The Cage from Reach. Can't wait until forge releases so Orion can die.

Complex says hi.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know how we go from having plenty of ranked and social playlists in Halo 3...

to having plenty of social playlists in reach and some ranked playlists...

to having all social playlists in Halo 4 and no ranked...

To having all ranked in Halo 5 with no social playlists...

Does no one at 343 sit down and say "each Halo game did good things and bad things, let's build on the good things and get rid of and/or fix the bad things?

How are we getting WORSE options in playlists, custom games, gametypes, and filesharing? Years later and 343 is regressing on a lot of shit.

Round of fucking applause for finally adding dedicated servers and getting back to older Halo gameplay.

But why does a lot of stuff have to get worse if a few things get better?

Halo 3 had the best playlists of all time. Now we get less playlists, no social playlists, less gametypes, on less maps?

Halo Reach had the best custom games. Now we get the worst custom game options of all time? We can't even make half the fucking gametypes we used to. We can't even change the types of guns on the map.

Maps? Let's just release the least unique number of maps Halos ever launched with and add forge maps and remakes to make it appear like we aren't taking steps backwards.

Playlists? Let's make people wait for things that used to be standard. Let's just get rid of social playlists even though they were the most played playlists in Halo 3 and Reach.

Gametypes? Let's make people wait for standard gametypes. LET'S LAUNCH HALO 5 WITH TWO OBJECTIVE GAMETYPES IN ARENA.

Halo will never be as sucessful or have the longevity it used to have when it's literally being stunted.

small correction, H3 had the best custom games, reach just had the best forge system, otherwise completely agree.

Snip3down, APG, LethuL and Randa just won a Warzone game 1000 - 78. That's rough.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's like two different maps crashed into each other and spilled over one another. Entirely too big, too many corners for people to hide in, looks like ass, etc. 

Just bleh. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Godammit man, I really really dislike Orion.

Also, why would you add a Damage Boost in the middle of no-where? They are Spartans, not Guardians that can do double jump and shit.

TyzRlVW.jpg

iCyLur3.jpg

R.I.P. to features that made sense

Forgot which Halo had the "talkative teammate" option. I know connection and skill doesn't matter as much with dedis and rank, but the search restrictions for talkative teammates and local players was nice.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ninja, a pro player! Is also complainig about the aiming

Oh, well that changes everything.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Found the first random to have a mic. I didn't know these people existed on the xbox one.  :wutface:

Powerfull automatics and too many hiding places kinda make this game shitty sometimes tbh.

This a 100%. Maps are way to complicated and there are too many weapons that beat your starting "utility" weapon. Back to looking for viable weapons off spawn.

FFA is such a clusterfuck smh plus what the hell did they do to the motion tracker? It doesnt make sense that it only shows when the enemy is like a few inches close to you

Ninja, a pro player! Is also complainig about the aiming

Pro players liked Station 9 and didn't mind having multiple Midships in Halo 4 as well but we know those views are both shit

Powerfull automatics and too many hiding places kinda make this game shitty sometimes tbh.

Often, after I die, I just try to find a way out from where I spawned.

Half the time I have no fucking clue where I am....

ah shit, I didn't read his post properly.

Very Australian of you.