CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I post one gif on Beyond, Ray takes it and posts it not knowing where it came from and the guy has a mental breakdown.

A gif.

:/

• Upvote (+1) 4

ESPN stole an image I made and posted on /r/cfb. Instead of whining and stomping my feet, I showed my friends and finally felt like I made it in this world. He should feel successful, not salty.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Need more maps in matchmaking ASAP.  No idea why all maps aren't in TS.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

ESPN stole an image I made and posted on /r/cfb. Instead of whining and stomping my feet, I showed my friends and finally felt like I made it in this world. He should feel successful, not salty.

But how will he become an internet celebrity if he doesn't watermark his dank may mays?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's true. 343's version of Halo is very clunky. Halo 4 was clunky and now Halo 5 is clunky.

h2a wasn't very clunky tho. clunkier than 1-3, but significantly less clunky than 4/5. 

Once you post a dank meme it becomes the internet's property

Thanks for making the cat Halo meme. Its one of my favorites.

Also you will be receiving an official "Nice Meme" laminated and framed certification for your efforts. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Tbh, is the term "mental breakdown" entirely fair?

He's tweeted about it for over an hour, yes.

Thanks for making the cat Halo meme. Its one of my favorites.

Also you will be receiving an official "Nice Meme" laminated and framed certification for your efforts. 

hand-kiss.gif

I'll now be writing a check to Marvel for the use of their material

• Upvote (+1) 6

Starting to see peoples points about 8 players being too many in FFA. Its kind of a cluster at times, getting shot in the back off spawn, etc. 

I'm really getting sick of the aiming in this game.  It always feels like I'm fighting against it with nearly every weapon, precision weapons especially don't feel fun to use at all.

Okay So I was spectating my friend in a game

he dies, and then it switches to another persons perspective.

i thought I accidentally pressed next. I go back to my friend's perspective, he dies, and then it changes to another person's perspective. 

This has to be fixed to ONLY STAYING ON YOUR CHOSEN PLAYERS PERSPECTIVE.

@@Sal1ent

Please Please make spectator mode where I stay watching my friend's POV and no one elses :(

I hated the aim when I first played the game. I normally play on 3-4 sens on H3, and found that to be too slow on H5. If you try 6, it feels a lot like 3-4 from past games when you FIRST start aiming, then speeds up to what 6 would be in old Halo's. To me this is good because I get the steady aim but then get the speed up when trying to turn around.

6 feels very free yet not too fast. Also, the more you play H5 the more you adjust to it. I can barely notice the weird aiming now unless im trying to swing my aim to quickly get a shot off.

I think its the same case as Halo 3 aiming where it is clunky but ultimately can be adapted to. While this isn't optimal the bright side is that it sort of raises the skill gap in a way. I find using your strafe to aim is extra important in this game, especially with the pistol.

Starting to see peoples points about 8 players being too many in FFA. Its kind of a cluster at times, getting shot in the back off spawn, etc. 

Getting your shields popped in FFA is pretty much an inevitable death sentence.

He's tweeted about it for over an hour, yes.

If by an hour you mean twenty minutes explaining to others why he feels jilted by the thing, then the half hour he spent in random conversations about a completely different off-shoot topic, then the 15 minutes he's spent not posting, then yeah. About an hour.

Edit: Well fuck. Yeah he started again. He's got someone arguing with him though.

I remember when @@CyReN posted the Outskirts cinematic from Halo 2: Anniversary from my channel in the forums and in an article. I said Thanks. Why would I be mad if a website is posting my stuff? I mean, I kind of stole from the IGN livestream but still. I was happy.

People are sharing your stuff, not stealing them, stop thinking as the victim and feel proud.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If by an hour you mean twenty minutes explaining to others why he feels jilted by the thing, then the half hour he spent in random conversations about a completely different off-shoot topic, then the 15 minutes he's spent not posting, then yeah. About an hour.

Getting upset about someone "stealing" your internet meme you posted to the world even for 10 seconds is just sad, and a little weird.

Getting your shields popped in FFA is pretty much an inevitable death sentence.

Spawning into an Assault Rifle #RIP

Can everyone having issues with aiming and the people who feel it's fine start posting what sensitivity they're playing on? Maybe even describe what type of problem they're having (acceleration/slowdown issues, diagonal aiming etc.) May help narrow down the issue. I also read something quite worrying in the xim thread posted earlier, likely on 10 sensitivity so it may not apply universally:

The post you quoted sums up my problems perfectly!  Thank you for posting that.  My aim problems are mostly with close range pistol fights, and shooting down on people.  

With the close range fights, my minor adjustments don't move the reticle enough, and then I overcompensate (if I'm still alive).  Nothing feels intuitive.  Again, I cannot emphasize this enough, my problem is not with the reduced aim assistance.  I love that.  It's with getting my crosshair to go where my brain wants it to go.

With shooting down on people, or any fight involving verticality really, it just takes too damn long to move my crosshair where I need it, and then suddenly it just rockets past them.  I had a fight on The Rig yesterday by the Blue starting spawn.  I was near Carbine and the guy I was fighting was in the back catwalk corner (where I imagine Blue Team's flag would be).  I had this guy dead to rights.  Routine kill.  He is a little bit above me, so I aim up.  He jumps, and I have to aim up more.  My fucking crosshair gets a sudden ridiculous burst of speed, and I unexpectedly aimed up completely past this motherfucker, and had to compensate back down.  I lost that fight.  This has never been a problem for me in any other Halo.  I would have gotten that kill 100 out of 100 times, no doubt in my mind.

It just feels fucked.  I wish I didn't have to work all week so I could just pour some hours on the problem and get used to it, but I'm stuck playing 45 minutes -2 hours at a time until this weekend, and I'm not working through the problem.

• Upvote (+1) 1