CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Anyone else watcing ChiefCanuck have a mental breakdown on twitter?

wut

EDIT: LoL at the Block not fair imo

at higher ranks all the maps lead themselves to be giant camp fests, plaza, the rig, orion

Anyone else watcing ChiefCanuck have a mental breakdown on twitter?

Who does that guy think he is? Me?

Pft.

But for real, he should probably just be proud of his work instead of thinking it was malicious.

Can everyone having issues with aiming and the people who feel it's fine start posting what sensitivity they're playing on? Maybe even describe what type of problem they're having (acceleration/slowdown issues, diagonal aiming etc.) May help narrow down the issue. I also read something quite worrying in the xim thread posted earlier, likely on 10 sensitivity so it may not apply universally:

I've seen some people mention that there is an aim slowdown around 65% of max speed.  I also found this in my testing last night.  Based on my experience with Gears of War, what we are experiencing is not a "slowdown," but instead an acceleration deadzone. 

I'll try to explain that.  It would seem that from 0% -  ~65% of max speed, the aim mechanic is perfectly 1:1.  However, after that the doo-doo hits the fan.  From ~65% - ~75% there is a complete deadzone where you cannot increase the velocity of your aim, it simply plateaus at ~65%.  This deadzone seems to happen at a lower turn speed percentage for vertical movement than for horizontal movement.  Then at ~75%, the velocity jump hits and the turn speed is immediately accelerated to 100% speed, leaving you with no control between ~75% and 100%.  Again, this velocity jump seems to happen at a lower turn speed percentage for vertical movement when compared to horizontal movement.  So you can forget about accurately tracking anything diagonally.

Color me insanely disappointed. Weapon lowering does nothing now. *Annoyed Sigh*

what do you mean?

Who does that guy think he is? Me?

Pft.

But for real, he should probably just be proud of his work instead of thinking it was malicious.

Yea, I didn't know it would cause drama. Just saw @@Moa post with it and tweeted it for the lol's, I didn't know of him until this, I had no idea where it came from either.

Oh well.

what do you mean?

There's no animation to it. Your weapon always remains raised. Unless there's some sort of "you need to do it offline thing", it's out. Not there. 

Yea, I didn't know it would cause drama. Just saw @@Moa post with it and tweeted it for the lol's, I didn't know of him until this, I had no idea where it came from either.

Oh well.

You stealing shit brah?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Crying over a meme It's really weak, There's a thousand of Meme getting passed by people around the world without the Og creator's notice 

But I felt bad for the guy He got emotionally rekt by the Block

I don't know how we go from having plenty of ranked and social playlists in Halo 3...

to having plenty of social playlists in reach and some ranked playlists...

to having all social playlists in Halo 4 and no ranked...

To having all ranked in Halo 5 with no social playlists...

Does no one at 343 sit down and say "each Halo game did good things and bad things, let's build on the good things and get rid of and/or fix the bad things?

How are we getting WORSE options in playlists, custom games, gametypes, and filesharing? Years later and 343 is regressing on a lot of shit.

Round of fucking applause for finally adding dedicated servers and getting back to older Halo gameplay.

But why does a lot of stuff have to get worse if a few things get better?

Halo 3 had the best playlists of all time. Now we get less playlists, no social playlists, less gametypes, on less maps?

Halo Reach had the best custom games. Now we get the worst custom game options of all time? We can't even make half the fucking gametypes we used to. We can't even change the types of guns on the map.

Maps? Let's just release the least unique number of maps Halos ever launched with and add forge maps and remakes to make it appear like we aren't taking steps backwards.

Playlists? Let's make people wait for things that used to be standard. Let's just get rid of social playlists even though they were the most played playlists in Halo 3 and Reach.

Gametypes? Let's make people wait for standard gametypes. LET'S LAUNCH HALO 5 WITH TWO OBJECTIVE GAMETYPES IN ARENA.

Halo will never be as sucessful or have the longevity it used to have when it's literally being stunted.

Amen

Can everyone having issues with aiming and the people who feel it's fine start posting what sensitivity they're playing on? Maybe even describe what type of problem they're having (acceleration/slowdown issues, diagonal aiming etc.) May help narrow down the issue. I also read something quite worrying in the xim thread posted earlier, likely on 10 sensitivity so it may not apply universally:

i play on 4 in like every halo. as soon as i tried out h5, 4 wasn't cutting it, had to turn it all the way up to 8 to make it even bearable. playing on 4 sense i can't even move the reticle around

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's no animation to it. Your weapon always remains raised. Unless there's some sort of "you need to do it offline thing", it's out. Not there.

how did you find this out?

This guy gonna be the first person ever to watermark a gif?

Is he gonna crowd fund that endeavor too?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hate to break it to that dude but once you post your gif on the internet... it ain't yours anymore.