CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The map is literally the worst. It was probably made by some developers kid, and decided it was cool to use it in rotation.

I lose everytime I play it. Mainly because my teammates quit...

you just literally describe my entire experience every time

Halo 5 spawns are unforgiving, and Forge maps have historically been worse than default in terms of spawns. You have to be watching your six whenever you aren't shooting someone else. It's hard to get used to and find the perfect balance, but it's doable. Definitely a learning process.

Paying attention to the killfeed is also key.

Last tip, the sniper is almost never worth going for, because not only you'll most likely die attempting to grab it, but you won't really get a chance to go anywhere safe with it. Always focus on positioning before controlling weapons on that map.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can we seriously reconsider BR starts? Pistol/Ar is lame and boring gameplay.

Seriously, ew. With how easy the BR is to use here, hell no. Magnums>All

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seriously, ew. With how easy the BR is to use here, hell no. Magnums>All

Yeah just keep it Ar/Pistol or change it to pistol only.

Halo 5 spawns are unforgiving, and Forge maps have historically been worse than default in terms of spawns. You have to be watching your six whenever you aren't shooting someone else. It's hard to get used to and find the perfect balance, but it's doable. Definitely a learning process.

Paying attention to the killfeed is also key.

Last tip, the sniper is almost never worth going for, because not only you'll most likely die attempting to grab it, but you won't really get a chance to go anywhere safe with it. Always focus on positioning before controlling weapons on that map.

Thanks a ton! And yeah I was on regret and spawned with a frag blowing me up and it wasnt even ffa it was team slayer...

For anyone who cares or were curious.. from the guide itself.

Max SR is 152 and takes 50 million XP to obtain.

So, in other words, it's going to take about 20,000 to 70,000 games to hit max rank.

For anyone who cares or are curious.. from the guide itself.

Max SR is 152 and takes 50 million XP to obtain.

So, in other words, it's going to take about 20,000 to 70,000 games to hit max rank.

Why 152? Seems kind of random. 

I wish they went back to the Halo 3 style of ranks, or at least the Reach ones instead of just numbers. 

Why 152? Seems kind of random. 

I wish they went back to the Halo 3 style of ranks, or at least the Reach ones instead of just numbers. 

No idea, but I agree it's a very odd/random number. I wish it was like Reach or something as well.

Military Ranks > Numbers

However, I am so glad it's a grind and will take a long time to obtain, unlike in Halo 4.

You don't play Orion, Orion plays you.

Sit in a tower and shoot people from afar. If you're unfortunate to get pushed on from behind and die, try not to get spawn killed too many times in the rocks.

Motion to change Orion's intro cinematic's text from "Control power weapons to eliminate the enemy team" to "Sit in a tower and shoot people from afar. If you're unfortunate enough to get pushed from behind and die, try not to get spawn killed too many times in the rocks." Much more accurate.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It really is odd how the map rotation is. I know Warzone is only 3 maps but the entire time I have played it it seems like it's on a set rotation:

-ARC

-Apex

-Stormbreak

Then just starts over. Then we have the Arena playlists where it seems like it's just completely random and some maps are just weighted more. 

So I just played a match of Warzone. No one tried to kill any of the enemies in our home base. I did half the work and it took way too long. 12 people, 11 not giving a fuck. Then I go to the first base and no one comes with me. After I wasted all my ammo killing every enemy in the first base, one guy shows up afterwards and "helps" me take the base. What could my team possibly doing in the beginning of the match besides taking the home base and then the first base? It's fascinating how brain dead people are when you throw an objective at them.

After the enemy too the first two bases with literally no resistance besides all of them team-shooting me when I get close, I quit. I'm not dealing with that for 15 more minutes.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So I just played a match of Warzone. No one tried to kill any of the enemies in our home base. I did half the work and it took way too long. 12 people, 11 not giving a fuck. Then I go to the first base and no one comes with me. After I wasted all my ammo killing every enemy in the first base, one guy shows up afterwards and "helps" me take the base. What could my team possibly doing in the beginning of the match besides taking the home base and then the first base? It's fascinating how brain dead people are when you throw an objective at them.

Req stations give you ammo even if they aren't captured

Magnums only I'd agree with. Too many casuals running AR's constantly.

It wouldn't be so bad if AR's damage and range got nerfed by quite a large amount, but I agree. It's at it's worst in FFA.

Me too. Wtf is with the map rotation.

Are you guys just playing slayer?  Quite sure it's not in slayer rotation because #just343things.  It's only in objective.

Aaaaaaaaaand servers went down again.  I don't think I've ever seen the servers in Destiny go down unless they're getting ddos'd or maintenance.  Even at launch.

It wouldn't be so bad if AR's damage and range got nerfed by quite a large amount, but I agree. It's at it's worst in FFA.

the autos need to be less accurate when zoomed it's becoming an issue, and the pistol needs to be 4 shot. There are no two ways about it the pistol isn't as strong as it should be.

the autos need to be less accurate when zoomed it's becoming an issue, and the pistol needs to be 4 shot. There are no two ways about it the pistol isn't as strong as it should be.

Speaking of this, does anyone happen to know the TTKs for weapons yet? I'm curious to what the TTK is for BR and Pistol at the moment.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yesterday I got disconnected from 4 games in a row so I gave up. Today, super smooth with no issues. Only had time for three games this morning but so far it's pretty excellent gameplay-wise. I'll wait for release-excitement to fade and see how I feel but so far I am really enjoying this. 

Very pumped to play Warzone tonight with my friends.

Speaking of this, does anyone happen to know the TTKs for weapons yet? I'm curious to what the TTK is for BR and Pistol at the moment.

About 60s because the game is so slow.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I believe the pistol is 1.2 and the BR is 1.27