CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Has anyone watched the naded review for the elite vs scuf controller? In it he shows an example of slow turn and I'm wondering if some people have slow turn controllers which is messing up their aim. Maybe not, maybe unrelated, but it's odd that some people think the aiming is the best part of the game and for others it's atrocious - that smells like a potential technical issue that doesn't affect everyone. I use a scuf and the aiming is, quite frankly, the best part of the game for me. I think the game feels heavy and clunky in many respects, but the aiming part is excellent,

I don't know how we go from having plenty of ranked and social playlists in Halo 3...

to having plenty of social playlists in reach and some ranked playlists...

to having all social playlists in Halo 4 and no ranked...

To having all ranked in Halo 5 with no social playlists...

Does no one at 343 sit down and say "each Halo game did good things and bad things, let's build on the good things and get rid of and/or fix the bad things?

How are we getting WORSE options in playlists, custom games, gametypes, and filesharing? Years later and 343 is regressing on a lot of shit.

Round of fucking applause for finally adding dedicated servers and getting back to older Halo gameplay.

But why does a lot of stuff have to get worse if a few things get better?

Halo 3 had the best playlists of all time. Now we get less playlists, no social playlists, less gametypes, on less maps?

Halo Reach had the best custom games. Now we get the worst custom game options of all time? We can't even make half the fucking gametypes we used to. We can't even change the types of guns on the map.

Maps? Let's just release the least unique number of maps Halos ever launched with and add forge maps and remakes to make it appear like we aren't taking steps backwards.

Playlists? Let's make people wait for things that used to be standard. Let's just get rid of social playlists even though they were the most played playlists in Halo 3 and Reach.

Gametypes? Let's make people wait for standard gametypes. LET'S LAUNCH HALO 5 WITH TWO OBJECTIVE GAMETYPES IN ARENA.

Halo will never be as sucessful or have the longevity it used to have when it's literally being stunted.

Refucking tweet, how can they be so stupid?

I was listening without audio and I thought "this would be AMAZING with the John Cena theme".

Decided to put the audio on and watch again just in case.

Never felt so fulfilled.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Timegating things like theatre, forge, social playlists, etc. does NOT keep Halo relevant, and it will not increase or sustain the player population.

Theater isn't releasing later or anything, man. What we have for Theater is the most we're going to get. Also, they haven't mentioned file sharing at all. There is zero evidence that it will even exists. I know, I know, "They can't release Forge without file share! Surely they understand the importance of that for the community!" Lets not forget 343's rich history of refusing to talk about negative parts of their games weeks (sometimes days) before release, despite being questioned about it for months.

I seriously don't think there is anything wrong with Aiming.

Guys it's been out a day, play it for a week or two and then see if it's still awful for you.

Maybe you are just Bronze Division trash, ever think of that?

Saucey more like Sassy dammmmmn gurl  :goat:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Timegating things like theatre, forge, social playlists, etc. does NOT keep Halo relevant, and it will not increase or sustain the player population.

I think it's an unfortunate mistake based on what Bungie has been somehow successfully doing with Destiny, coupled with the fact that both the Halo 4 and MCC population have both tanked (though for unrelated reasons).

In their position, I'd be afraid too. I just think it sucks because the base Halo 5 is amazing and having all the content now would do far more for the game than it will in a few weeks or month from now. Most people know for a fact that Halo games are more than capable of sustaining a population without stuff like this... and instead of getting old as new, we could get just straight up new stuff.

Also worried because nothing looks designed to share content with.

Another thing I dislike is that Powerups are on a dynamic timer. Everything should be static to force teams to prioritize what they want to push for.

Nah dude Dynamic Powerups are the GOAT. Nearly as good as H2s

Refucking tweet, how can they be so stupid?

I'm still baffled by the majority of their decisions. I would love to be a fly on the wall in some of these meetings "yep let's match teams of four against singles, time for lunch".

• Upvote (+1) 1

#1 post of all time

First day on the internet? 

You don't need to kiss his ass that hard bro. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

#1 post of all time

You cannot have been on this forum too long :bman:

I've been watching lots of pros play the game, and then I watch myself play with Theater Mode. Perhaps it's just more difficult to master and will take some time. Sometimes my shots are on point, sometimes I miss alot, but when I watch Formal play I realize that almost perfect aim everytime is achievable with practice. People just want their training wheels as usual. I see this as the reason people want the BR spray as well. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lemon is just 343's official scapegoat at this point.

"Should we answer some questions and concerns on the forums today?"

"Naw, just post some sick burns towards Lemon and that'll keep them upvoting us and happy for a few days"

"Yup, it worked, they all love our stupid comebacks!" 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Timegating things like theatre,fileshare, forge, social playlists, etc. does NOT keep Halo relevant, and it will not increase or sustain the player population.

Nope, but we got RANKS  :saucey:

• Upvote (+1) 1