CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I just refuse to use the br in this game.

it's the AR for me. It's disgusting how easy that thing is. I'm seeing players mow down my teammates from medium to long ranges with it....how?

Just in case someone wanted to see a Space Whale up close.

V7hbHKL.jpg

whenever i see them they remind me of final fantasy 10s SIN boss

maxresdefault.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just played a game of H2A because the servers are down. Can confirm I dont suck at aiming. In comparison H5 feels like aiming with peanut butter on the thumb sticks.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just played a game of H2A because the servers are down. Can confirm I dont suck at aiming. In comparison H5 feels like aiming with peanut butter on the thumb sticks.

I don't think playing H2A confirms anything. Anyone can aim in that shit game

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

sorry if this has been asked.. but isin´t Truth supposed to be in the slayer playlist? played like 20 matches yesterday and did not once get it ? 

maybe im just unlucky 

I think the lack of social is going to be a real problem w new player retention. Warzone is probably supposed to be the casual playlist but it's terrible for that imho. It's loads and loads of sprinting around giant maps trying to find someone to kill only to run into someone w a better weapon becaus of the rec system. It's also pretty complicated, and once people know what they are doing in it and they have rec out the yin yang and good map strategies you are going to see people getting wrecked. Which is the opposite of what you want for increasing your player base w/ noobs.

sorry if this has been asked.. but isin´t Truth supposed to be in the slayer playlist? played like 20 matches yesterday and did not once get it ?

maybe im just unlucky

Not sure why but it isn't in there. Either is empire or eden

it's the AR for me. It's disgusting how easy that thing is. I'm seeing players mow down my teammates from medium to long ranges with it....how?

they must be getting team shot then, the pistol can take care of an ar user easily at mid to long, even in FFA it's not getting to me too much, but the lack power with the pistol really allows for peak shooting to be more prevelent (that along with the fact that the maps have a lot of cover because of sprint). The ar seems a bit more difficult to aim in this game than it has been in a while, that said it's the ar, it's still one of the easier weapons.

Also the aiming is awesome in this game. Feels difficult close range but rewarding.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

everything feels clunky as hell, is this something that everyone is experiencing?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Some thoughts:

Sniper feels weird to aim. I don't know if it's the FoV, the aim acceleration, or even just the reticle being centered again but it feels really clunky just to look around with the thing.

I love that fact that random spread (or indeed, spread at all) is a thing of the past for precision weapons and the Scattershot. Consistency is king in a competitive game and this is amazing.

That said, the BR is way too easy. I almost feel bad using it, especially getting perfects because you know for a fact that the same level of sloppiness would not be rewarded with a perfect from the Carbine or Magnum.

Overall with aiming I only feel like it's particularly weird with the sniper. If the base feeling for looking around could somehow be made to feel a bit closer to H1 though that would be perfect. To this day that's the game that I feel got the basic looking around feeling best in the series.

Crouching is great again for strafing and getting into melee fights. Love this.

AR-Pistol relationship is good in terms of 1v1 kill or be killed encounters, but in the grander scheme of things the AR feels like it can get away with weakening players too easily even if it doesn't necessarily get the kills. Throw the easy BR in the mix and it feels like a little buff to the pistol's damage (but please leave the difficulty for this weapon as it is; pistol vs pistol battles are incredible to play and watch!) wouldn't be misplaced.

Overall I'm feeling more positives than negatives at the moment.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can honestly say that I hated the arena at first due to 20 straight horrible placement matches in Team Slayer and Team Arena. I was clearly getting matched up against teams of 4 while getting some of the worst teammates in Halo history. Once I got placed, however, I started to get some really fun games. I've climbed up to Diamond 6 and I hope to reach Onyx by the end of the night. I guess my only complaint is the map rotation. I played Strongholds on The Rig 4 times in a row last night  :wutface:

Remember when everyone was so hell-bent on saying the AR would be a non-factor? It definitely is a huge pain in the ass. I think it's more annoying than the BR in all honesty. Not by much though.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I don't understand why everyone says that the aiming is crap. The game doesn't aim for you like in most past Halos(mainly looking at H4/H2A).

I absolutely love how fluid the gunplay feels, at least for me.

Every gun, even the AR, feels very precise in a way that requires you to put in a lot lot more effort for each gun than past Halos but are absolutely not random at all.

The current combination of low aim assist and a reasonably generous bullet magnetism value seem to provide very accurate visual feedback as well.

What I mean by that is there has not yet been a moment where I say 'WTF I my crosshairs were on him why didn't it connect?!' or 'WTF? That counts as a hit? Theres no way!'(except for the Sniper on that last one with the easy kills).

Basically, I have not questioned my shots at all because in H5 it is very clear on letting me know wether I hit or missed.

I'm absolutely loving it so far.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think the lack of social is going to be a real problem w new player retention. Warzone is probably supposed to be the casual playlist but it's terrible for that imho. It's loads and loads of sprinting around giant maps trying to find someone to kill only to run into someone w a better weapon becaus of the rec system. It's also pretty complicated, and once people know what they are doing in it and they have rec out the yin yang and good map strategies you are going to see people getting wrecked. Which is the opposite of what you want for increasing your player base w/ noobs.

Agree.

Lack of social will kill this game.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

everything feels clunky as hell, is this something that everyone is experiencing?

Thats what we've been talking about last few pages

Oh god it's already happening...

A whole hour and fifteen minutes dedicated to opening gold REQ packs. :wutface:

They're borrowing heavily from FIFA. Just wait for Halo 6 when they introduce an auction block for REQ cards where you can sell and bid on cards.

(not saying this is bad, just putting it out there so I can bookmark this post and refer back in 3 years)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know I made another thread regarding FFA, and I don't mean to spam it everywhere, but I really want it to be fixed so it becomes a fun experience for everyone, and I'm assuming after checking it once, people aren't going to look at it again, so yeah...

Anyways, I just wanted to let people know I made a Reddit thread to help further expose the issues with FFA. You're welcome to go support it or something.

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3qm8ig/issues_with_halo_5_ffa/