CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Ghost I really think the aiming should be changed. It should keep the same sensitivity throughout. Just bump up the range on the BR farther out. Obviously not too much just enough to give the BR at least enough range to kill somewhat far away say 40 meters? Of course the dmr will have more range but still. Halo 4's aiming sensitivity was fine. Look at those BR battles. They're fine. Change the sensitivity because It's not good to have changing variations of it. If u move left and right an inch and it's slow but u keep moving in one direction and its hella fast, that's hindering ppls ability to react. It's not fair that u have to play in a higher sensitivity just so u cud move freely close range. Please fix this and make sensitivity uniform. Just add a little bit more range to the BR

Aiming is def harder in general, but it doesn't feel bad to me, just more difficult. My sens is at 4 BTW.

• Upvote (+1) 1

everything good from H3 and H4.

Stopped reading here. There was NOTHING good about Halo 4.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Day 2 of release and i still hate the aiming. Feels like my controller is fighting me and ive never have had a problem aiming in any other halo game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sensitivity needs to be uniform ghost. It's not fair that ppl have to play on a higher sensitivity just to be able to compete close range. Bump up the range on the BR so fights long range aren't so "squirrelly" not too much just enough to maybe 40 meters? The aiming in halo 4 was fine. Keep it uniform. It shudnt change based on range that's no consistent.

• Downvote (-1) 2

• ADS doesn't bother me at all now, which is a big change for me from the beta. The rapid snap in and out really has improved the fluidity. The only thing that bugs me is that it feels like on the weapons that fully zoom in, especially the sniper, there's one or two frames where it feels like you have a break in your line of sight on your target. I'll capture some footage and look at it frame by frame later.

One thing I'd add to this point. ADS after switching weapons is way too slow. It has effectively killed any kind of YY-ing. It's one of the reasons the Sniper feels so clunky.

Halo has traditionally allowed you to zoom very quickly after reloading or weapon switching, would like to see it return.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Stopped reading here. There was NOTHING good about Halo 4.

Warrior helmet though.

I'd love to see respawn times go back to 5 seconds across all the Slayer variants.

You die very quickly, but spawning feels like eternity.

Hows the viewership at this current time on Twitch? How many total viewers? (Sorry I am out of the country atm)

Look forward to comparing that # to a month out from now.

im gonna keep at it but i really can't see my self getting used to the aiming. i'll give it a month or two and if not any better then i'm done.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'd love to see respawn times go back to 5 seconds across all the Slayer variants.

You die very quickly, but spawning feels like eternity.

There's probably an underlying reason for the change, probably discovered in pro team testing. @@GH057ayame can you elaborate on the reasoning?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hows the viewership at this current time on Twitch? How many total viewers? (Sorry I am out of the country atm)

dude like srs who the fuck cares.

Right now 16,788

• Upvote (+1) 1

the rig is beyond terrible....plaza is trash....coliseum plays well

plaza is pretty bad, but I like the rig, truth, regret and fathom are also pretty good.

Day 2 of release and i still hate the aiming. Feels like my controller is fighting me and ive never have had a problem aiming in any other halo game.

Yep, even playing on 10 sens feels wayyyy too heavy

Does the map rotation seem weird to anyone else?

Any time orion or the rig comes up in TS it will come up for like 5 straight games afterwords. i've probably played 75% of my games on those two maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like I'm doing something wrong... I haven't had any of these aiming issues that are being talked about.

Even if you are a man of your word, there's literally no chance that you're getting this damn hat.

-Ghost

If Bonnie Ross  cannot get  :ghost:  the hat off nobody can cd8UhzW.gif

Nice to see you posting once again, now don't leave us. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ghost's point about the different ranges actually makes a lot of sense to me, having that brief acceleration helps accomodate for shooting at range. Mouse smoothing or anything to that effect is one story but controllers and how to help aiming on them is another.

I still don't think its that extreme at all and not to just throw the "adapt" line out there, but I feel like there might be some scapegoating going on. The amount of people I've played with who will lose a battle or a game and will blame absolutely everything before accepting responsibility.

I still sympathise with people that hate it, but I don't want it to end up being some go-to response anytime someone gets killed

Biggest problem right now is full parties matching randoms.  343, just do what Halo 3 did.

This a thousand times over, so annoying.

It's meant to work so that even if you match a full party of four your team mates are supposed to be high enough that they can hold their own.

This hasn't worked even slightly... 

On the AU/NZ server there will never be enough players to have that kind of a system work imo :/

Parties of four have to find ONLY parties of four.