CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So, haven't been keeping up on this. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being the CE Pistol and 10 being Armor Lock, how bad is H5 multiplayer right now?

Bonus question...is matchmaking any better than at the MCC launch?

it's never too late to not fall off the map...

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Shixon%20IV/video/12449021

I like how you just walk it off like, "Yeah, that just happened."

So, haven't been keeping up on this. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being the CE Pistol and 10 being Armor Lock, how bad is H5 multiplayer right now?

Bonus question...is matchmaking any better than at the MCC launch?

I'd say it's about a 3. Pretty damn great with some issues that need tweaked.

And yes, it's a thousand times better than MCC at launch.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I sincerely do not understand why they couldn't just emulate OG Halo CE's exact FOV & aim acceleration and build Halo 5 off of that.

CE works, guys.

The casuals wouldn't give a damn because 99.99% of them are ignorant to most of the core mechanics of any game they play, and the vets/hardcore fanbase would love it because it truly feels good and people still play year after year and regard it as the standard for Halo in more ways than just aim acceleration. 

If it isn't broken, don't break it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

To be totally honest, most people that have issues with the aiming now, probably won't some weeks down the road after they play the game long enough. Then there are others who will still have a problem, only due to their selfishness. 

It's really a lose-lose situation if you're 343. I expect changes to happen, but nothing significant like some people are expecting. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is this confirmed,the arena dlc will be all remixes?

Not directly, but it was confirmed that "most if not all" (I think that were the exect words) maps will get a remix in some article and they talked about it in the recent sprint episode, I was just looking at how 343 handled release maps and if they handle DLC the same way, this is probably how it will look like...

Sprint + charge + AR finish seems to be the new go-to move on some maps (plaza at least)...how can you get to the first place with just using those 3 elements?!

Is there anyway to adjust in game voice chat via the Xbox one settings?

Hey, all!

:ghost:

Saw Josh posting about the aiming in Halo 5 in response to some of your questions and figured it'd be a good time to lend some insight. That being said, yes, the aiming did change a little bit from Beta up until now. During the Beta, close-range gameplay felt fluid, mid-range felt decent, and long-range felt flat-out squirrelly. So, our Pro Team went through numerous tests over the course of a few months with our lead sandbox designer, Chris King, and the rest of his team in regards to how our how aim felt leading up to the release. There were some days where our entire team despised it, other days where our team had a split-decision, and finally one day where we all felt extremely comfortable with it.

Now, to be fair, we've played this game for two years, so we do have a lot more time spent getting comfortable with the movement, as well as the weaponry. Nevertheless, like any other Halo player, we all know how good our shots are when it comes to a Halo utility weapon, and that day, we felt it. Thus, after careful tweaking, constant iteration, and daily discussion, we landed on our favorite fit. It gave players the perfect blend of sensitivity across all three ranges. Yes, close-range might feel a little bit harder to control at first, but in the long run, you will all learn to adjust to it for the better. Shooting the magnum in this game is very particular, seemingly like how Killer N or StK Tupac shot their pistols in Halo 1. At first, it's going to be tough, but it will get much better with practice. Even to this day, shooting a Halo 1 pistol up-close is extremely challenging though, right? ;)

Furthermore, since the game is running at 60FPS, and the mobility is so fast in-game, I want to reiterate that everyone of us needs to adjust to how the aim-adhesion will feel for Halo 5. It's a bit tricky at first - using a single-shot weapon to essentially swipe over an enemy as you pull the trigger feels different than before. Also, in the Halo 5: Guardians Beta, a bug slipped through the cracks that had a delayed aim-assist problem. You could swipe your reticle over an opponent, and the game would display Red Reticle, but it was after a 5ms delay. Thankfully, we were able to address that issue and fix it before launch. So now, everything should feel very smooth. Nonetheless, we are actively listening to feedback, and we are always welcome to change. So, if players do feel this strongly about the aim after a few weeks, our teams will without a doubt revisit the sensitivity curves in Halo 5.

Anyways, haven't had the chance to say it yet - hope everyone truly enjoys Halo 5 here! I know I haven't posted on these forums in quite some time, but I assure you that I'll be frequenting them much more now that the game has launched. So, as always, feel free to leave your unadulterated feedback below! 

-Ghost

So the solution was to make aiming heavy as hell?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'd say it's about a 3. Pretty damn great with some issues that need tweaked.

And yes, it's a thousand times better than MCC at launch.

that's interesting, I was expecting to hear "11" here, as in, h5 took the franchise to a whole new level of suck. Everyone else agree with TranzTekk?

Hey guys - sorry I've been lurking and not posting for the past week. As you can imagine we have a ton going on right now. :) We are monitoring the game 24-7 and constantly deploying little updates to improve service performance and resolve fires as they come up.

On aiming, all I can say is this game takes a while to hone in on your shot because there is a lot less aim assist. The acceleration feel some of you are commenting on is related to that. We've done significant tuning on the sticks since beta working directly with the pro team. They can speak for themselves but I believe a quote from Ghost after the final pass was "OMFG the aiming feels so good, the sticks are magic now." Take that for what it's worth and spend the time to master your shot. It takes time.

We've had a few isolated reports of occasional spikes in latency. We have been experiencing significant server load during peak times but beyond that we are still investigating. From the reports we've seen this is very rare, which makes it tough to track.

Glad to see people enjoying the game. I've been checking out a ton of streams while monitoring things and there are some great games going on at the Onyx/Champion level. So much fun to watch!

If Halo 5 manages to become the Star Craft II of FPS, that will be amazing!! That's one of my fav tbings to do is watch replays of the masters league in sc 2.

Here, Reddit, Waypoint, and the XIM4 source that was linked earlier say otherwise.

Why don't you go play it for yourself and then give us your opinion?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is there anyway to adjust in game voice chat via the Xbox one settings?

Yeah, in your controller settings. Settings-devices-controller

Something like that

Thanks for coming by so quickly, Ghost. I think a very reasonable way to accommodate the concerns with aiming would be to add some sort of adjustable slider/toggle/whatever to give players the option. It's clear between Reddit, Waypoint, Team Beyond, and elsewhere that players are not enjoying the way aiming works. For those that enjoy or don't notice the way it's working now, they'll have the option for it to stay as is.

I don't know what this would look like from a technical standpoint; surely it's not as simply as going into the files and adjusting "acceleration" values, but it clearly can be done, since you described how aiming was changed iteratively since the beta. Make this happen and you'll be a hero  :ghost:  :ghost:  :ghost:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can someone explain to me what feels 'wrong' with aiming? I literally have no issues except my aim is shit because I'm terrible.

The issue is that you love 343 too much, apparently. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Can someone explain to me what feels 'wrong' with aiming? I literally have no issues except my aim is shit because I'm terrible.

I'm in the same boat, honestly.

Everyone thinks aiming feels terrible for completely different reasons at times from what I've read on here, Reddit, and on Waypoint. This makes me feel less inclined to believe that there's an actual issue with aiming and it's not just the player.

Just goes to show that there needs to be an option for what type of aiming people like or feel accustomed to.

Can we start telling people to adapt yet?

:grunt:

• Upvote (+1) 1

It feels heavy and variable. Like the reticle moves with a bizarre momentum. It's very noticeable in close to mid-range fights.

aiming is off and the sniper is clunky as fuck

Hands down this sniper is the worst. The ONLY sniper it's better than is 4's. Even then it's pushing it.

• Upvote (+1) 1