CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Maybe this issue has to due with the general low looking sensitivity in the game?

I immediately changed my sensitivity to 10, while in previous games I'd keep it to the (HIGH) preset.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I haven't minded the aiming, wish I would have played the beta so I could compare. It's definitely hard to hit shots, but makes for fun gun fights. I have just been trying to strafe into shots more and not whip my right stick around. 

Has anyone heard any feed back by pro players (other than 343 pros) regarding aiming? Not that they're the authority, just curious.

Thanks for the input Ghost!

I think a really great solution at this point is just a slider so that we can pick our own aim acceleration levels.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Adapt

Oh I'm sure people will. 

Edit: Thanks for the post regardless and I do hope it gets tweaked. 

I'm actually surprised a Halo game came out with this many features missing. Someone told me you can't even make SWAT out of the Slayer preset? How basic is that? 

Breakout is also a gametype that could have been made with settings options alone in past Halo games. They must have a portion of the team already dedicated to Halo 6 because I refuse to believe this is the best 343i  as a whole came up with. 

Take a minute to look at the difference between 3 years at Treyarch and 3 years at 343i :/

I'm hoping it's just growing pains and Halo 6 will feature a full and rich feature-set.

Take a minute to look at the difference between 3 years at Treyarch and 3 years at 343i :/

I'm hoping it's just growing pains and Halo 6 will feature a full and rich feature-set.

Hopefully. I also hope it wasn't all on purpose to give them something to roll out post launch to keep people playing. 

I think a good game keeps people playing more rather than shiny new forge maps here and there. 

Some people like 30 FPS over 60 as well. Don't ever listen to these types of people. 

Some people play with vsync on or even aim acceleration on purpose. Can't be trusted. 

e05GB2c86qgOk.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

It actually is that simple

Game logic takes very little time (or at least it should, but I guess it's microsoft we're dealing with here) to compute and can continue to run at 60 fps

You could easily do it by rendering the top screen on even frames and bottom screen on odd frames

It would also makes hiccups less frequent because rendering half the resolution will save some time, it's not anywhere close to half the time like you'd think it would be, but it is something

Eliminating split screen from this Halo is probably just a dirty tactic to push selling more systems

Except poly count is doubled from 2 pov's.

I agree it sucks, but it's nowhere near as simple as you make it out to be.

I think the multiplayer is amazing, though I have a lot to get used to. Just getting stomped while moving in on my own, without a group or party. Spending most of my time in Warzone, slowly running out of REQ.

Man, I need more REQ.

Add me if you don't want to run games by yourself, I'm diamond 5 on both arena and slayer, if that means anything. GT is Hyperle7hal.

There's nothing wrong with the aiming currently.

Disagree heavily. 

It's true though, find us one complaint about the aiming from the beta. Now try and find some complaints about the aiming in the final release. I could find multiple from all across different forums and sites. Something is wrong. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Am I the only one who thinks the Ground Pound is kind of OP?
I think the one from the Beta worked fine... now people can just ground pound with a simple jump's distance.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did a lot of people think long range combat was "squirrely" in the beta?

Anyone finds me a single source complaining about the aiming system from the beta, I'll eat Ghost's hat.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Disagree heavily. 

It's true though, find us one complaint about the aiming from the beta. Now try and find some complaints about the aiming in the final release. I could find multiple from all across different forums and sites. Something is wrong. 

Adapt.jpg

Seems squirrely right now with a DMR...

Anyone finds me a single source complaining about the aiming system from the beta, I'll eat Ghost's hat.

Probably one person on the pro team who messed it up for everyone

• Upvote (+1) 1

What range combat? Seriously, even if you did try and engage someone across map, they could get away with thruster or sprint before you ever finish the kill. Not to mention the scoping mechanics in the beta were god awful. 

The scope on the pistol even on release I find to be mostly useless, what ever happened to the 2x scope?