CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Without having read recent pages, is anyone else having a ton of trouble with sluggish aiming?  I feel like making fine tuned aim adjustments is just ridiculously difficult.  Close range pistol fights feel like my reticle is in quicksand.  None of the other shooters I play have this problem, so I don't think it's my controller, though it is possible.

As of now, that's my only complaint.  Otherwise I'm having a blast, but this aiming is driving me crazy.  Am I alone on this?

You aren't the only one. It's halo 3 aiming all over again. Fortunately ( or unfortunately, considering how rage inducing the game is) I played plenty of Halo 3 in the team hardcore playlist leading up to H5.

I feel like treating the aiming like Halo 3 without shot lead makes it easier to adapt to.

That doesn't mean the way the created aiming "difficulty" in this game isn't completely stupid, but I really doubt this will be fixed so we'll just have to deal with it sadly.

Edit:

Instead of double posting, I'll add my thoughts to some parts of the game after close to 100 games played.

AR/pistol starts aren't good for this game, despite  adamant pistol supporters trying to convince everyone otherwise.

The AR trumps the pistol at considerable distance. This happens even in onyx level games, so it isn't just a case of people not being able to aim. Especially in FFA, the AR is ridiculously strong compared to the pistol. It is easily the most effective assault rifle at range of any halo games.

You are constantly reloading the pistol between kills which is incredibly annoying. I managed to get one perfect 10 shot double kill with one clip and that was only because I was pacing the hell out of my shots.

If I just pick up a BR or DMR I not only have vastly superior range, I also have a much deeper clip and am just simply much more effective in general.

While the gap between on-map rifles and the starting load-out isn't anywhere as large as in Halo 2/3/R, it is significant enough for the team with the rifles to have a quite substantial advantage.

The rifles are simply superior to the pistol in essentially every situation, so the first thing you want to do is pick one up as soon as you can.

Just because you can pick off a couple of guys running around randomly on the map doesn't mean you aren't going to get destroyed once a team of 4 gets set up in positions with rifles pinging you at range while you struggle shooting them with the pistol.

The asymmetry of a pistol vs rifle fight is only going to get worse once people learn how to move around the map and which positions to hold.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You aren't the only one. It's halo 3 aiming all over again. Fortunately ( or unfortunately, considering how rage inducing the game is) I played plenty of Halo 3 in the team hardcore playlist leading up to H5.

I feel like treating the aiming like Halo 3 without shot lead makes it easier to adapt to.

That doesn't mean the way the created aiming "difficulty" in this game isn't completely stupid, but I really doubt this will be fixed so we'll just have to deal with it sadly.

It's 10x worse then Halo 3 MCC is. I played H3 after I got off of Halo 5 last night and it felt so good compared to h5.

Yeah that's what Im' thinking. 

Here's to 2 more weeks of windmilling

The only thing I want is..

BR/AR Starts

25 Meter Radar

Those are my only complaints other then that I'm more then satisfied with this game.

:wutface:

Br starts would be horrible.  You don't even have to aim.  4SK pistol would be better, but at the moment the sandbox seems really balanced (bar the sniper).

I got kicked out of Solo legendary because it couldn't connect to game server. Couldn't restart a checkpoint either. Was thrilled.

Lovely.

I had THIS happen just now. I turned on my wife's Xbox cuz I just KNEW I would be right about dedicated servers.

Hey, look at that. In the first 5 minutes of trying co-op on the OMGAWESOMEDEDICATEDSERVERSARETHEFUTURELOLZ I have most of the level completely fail to load on my Xbox while it appears normal on my wife's Xbox. But you know, LAN is totally useless, it's totally necessary for Halo 5 to be played on dedicated servers instead of my gigabit ethernet router when the Xbox's are in the SAME FUCKING ROOM.

Is anyone else having their games not get recorded (ie post game stats aren't available, not earning xp or rp, and not counting towards placement)? I've had three games today where this has happened.

I gave up trying to get my SWAT placement done after I played 5 games on my 9th match without getting put in a division.

Whoever decided "I want aiming to feel like this in Halo 5!" Needs to be fired immediately. And how the hell has the pro team been playing like this all these months? The aiming system is complete ass and everyone here noticed it within 1 game. This game could be so cool without this aiming system. Even if we get a legendary CE pistol you still have to play with an underwater reticle.

This is my biggest concern with the game right now. We NEED an option to fix this. I'm so glad I'm not alone in thinking it feels like shit.

Guess they got used to playing H3 8's over the months? lol

Feels like quick sand or underwater would probably be the best analogy.

You gotta remember most the people on the pro team became pro during Halo 3... Halo 3 aiming was easily the worst in the series although it's quite possible H5 is on par or even worse. Ugh.

EDIT - The above statement is wrong and I'm full of shit.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I know this is a small thing but I'd like it if in the post game lobby when you back out, it'd go to the playlist screen, not the main menu. It kind of irritates me since there is a loading screen.

Lovely.

I had THIS happen just now. I turned on my wife's Xbox cuz I just KNEW I would be right about dedicated servers.

Hey, look at that. In the first 5 minutes of trying co-op on the OMGAWESOMEDEDICATEDSERVERSARETHEFUTURELOLZ I have most of the level completely fail to load on my Xbox while it appears normal on my wife's Xbox. But you know, LAN is totally useless, it's totally necessary for Halo 5 to be played on dedicated servers instead of my gigabit ethernet router when the Xbox's are in the SAME FUCKING ROOM.

I gave up trying to get my SWAT placement done after I played 5 games on my 9th match without getting put in a division.

This is my biggest concern with the game right now. We NEED an option to fix this. I'm so glad I'm not alone in thinking it feels like shit.

You gotta remember most the people on the pro team became pro during Halo 3... Halo 3 aiming was easily the worst in the series although it's quite possible H5 is on par or even worse. Ugh.

I'm sorry, but I have to call you out on that one. Neighbor was on Str8 Rippin in H2 and Gh057 and Strongside were on Carbon... so to say that most of the 343 pro team became pro in H3 is just a false statement.

Edit: And Strongside was on Final Boss as well.

:wutface:

Br starts would be horrible.  You don't even have to aim.  4SK pistol would be better, but at the moment the sandbox seems really balanced (bar the sniper).

Its so dumb though, you scoop up all the BRs and you win basically in a majority of the matches I have played.  Pistol gets destroyed by the BR.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For real though how do you know if you're playing/have played against a To4? Are people just guessing?

Not sure if answered yet. But I dont think you can see it in game at all. Just like in the MCC I open up one players profile and check with how many people he is in the game.

Edit: Also, why do I match Americans already when I am from EU? There should be enough players online right now. I mean the connection against those Americans was decent, but still.

Only Dersky became pro in Halo 3. And I think Halo 5 aiming feels fine. Just a bit harder than previous Halos.

Picked up this game yesterday and it's the first bit of Halo I've played since around the release of MCC and my god I love it. Just a question though, what on earth are requisitions?

Picked up this game yesterday and it's the first bit of Halo I've played since around the release of MCC and my god I love it. Just a question though, what on earth are requisitions?

Packs that unlock armor, weapon skins, emblems, and unlocks for Warzone. It's all about the gold packs. ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Packs that unlock armor, weapon skins, emblems, and unlocks for Warzone. It's all about the gold packs. ;)

Ah okay so they've got nothing to do with Arena? Any point in buying them if I will rarely play Warzone?

Few notes:

- Campaign was a huge let down. The lack of character development was disappointing. Really thought this would be a good one based on the trailers and HTT. 

- Pistol is awesome and actually the spartan abilities haven't been a big problem, yet. Though the magnetism in the game seems a bit weird? I'm sometimes getting kills that I shouldn't. 

- Sniper needs adjusting. Feels clunky but still quite easy to use. 

- Zooming sensitivity should be changeable. 

- Needs moar good maps. I really think the maps don't have to be that different with the spartan abilities so forge will be a lifesaver. 

- Game lacks content as mentioned in previous posts. Currently I'm playing a 30$ game. We'll hopefully reach the full game by Christmas. 

I'm sorry, but I have to call you out on that one. Neighbor was on Str8 Rippin in H2 and Gh057 and Strongside were on Carbon... so to say that most of the 343 pro team became pro in H3 is just a false statement.

Edit: And Strongside was on Final Boss as well.

Well fuck me with a chainsaw, you're right. I knew Ghost was around since the beginning.

They came in a bit later than the established teams but I guess I'm an idiot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Asked earlier and i dont think i ever got a response. But is there any kind of population count on the playlists? Or did they leave that feature out again?

Would be cool if you could register a team of 4 that cannot change for a 'ranked team playlist'

Little things like that would go a long way.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Asked earlier and i dont think i ever got a response. But is there any kind of population count on the playlists? Or did they leave that feature out again?

They left it out on purpose. A lot of game companies are doing that now so you don't avoid a playlist because the population is low.

343 got fucked so hard with Halo 4s population counter. Basically one of the main ways everyone could tell the game flopped. It's out and not coming back.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Without having read recent pages, is anyone else having a ton of trouble with sluggish aiming? I feel like making fine tuned aim adjustments is just ridiculously difficult. Close range pistol fights feel like my reticle is in quicksand. None of the other shooters I play have this problem, so I don't think it's my controller, though it is possible.

As of now, that's my only complaint. Otherwise I'm having a blast, but this aiming is driving me crazy. Am I alone on this?

Aim assist seems to be in effect only in a very small cone around the target.

I dunno if you know what I mean but it's pretty much the reason.

Remember what they did to the AR in the H4 turbo update. That's what I mean and it seems to be like that in H5 more so with all weapons.

What happens is it's easy to stay on a target wheb your dead on but it's hard as fuck to get back onto the target pnce you lose it.

So @@Sal1ent I think there are 2 things we need done to make this game perfect. 

1. Aiming needs to be fixed. Go to Halo CE or 2 for reference.

2. We need the sniper to go back to Halo 3 at least. The sniper needs to be satisfying to kill with again. 

If you do this your game will be perfect. 

You and @@Deez should really take this into consideration and people will love this game more than they already do. 

This game is the shit but it could be the GOAT if you tweak its setbacks. I think I speak for us all when I say we beli343 in this game. Just needs some polishing. Don't worry though, we get it. Its been out 2 days. Just take these things seriously. 

EDIT. I lied. One more thing. Bigger clip on the magnum. Too much reloading. 

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Without having read recent pages, is anyone else having a ton of trouble with sluggish aiming? I feel like making fine tuned aim adjustments is just ridiculously difficult. Close range pistol fights feel like my reticle is in quicksand. None of the other shooters I play have this problem, so I don't think it's my controller, though it is possible.

As of now, that's my only complaint. Otherwise I'm having a blast, but this aiming is driving me crazy. Am I alone on this?

Yeah feels really weird to me as well. I felt like I would over swing my thumb stick if I had to make a sudden, dramatic movement.