CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

It's wild, I had like 60 people on my list all playing Halo 5. Of course I realize the game was going to be big, but a bunch of those people had said they weren't getting Halo 5. I don't know if I'm going to give in next lol

It's wild, I had like 60 people on my list all playing Halo 5. Of course I realize the game was going to be big, but a bunch of those people had said they weren't getting Halo 5. I don't know if I'm going to give in next lol

But teapot, thrust Nades are the closest thing to gust Nades in Shadowrun (not entirely serious)

• Upvote (+1) 1

But teapot, thrust Nades are the closest thing to gust Nades in Shadowrun

And you spawn with a pistol in both games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't give in dude. Stand up for what you want. Hold out a month and buy it used.

I said I wasn't going to buy it from 343 have and have yet to, even though many people have asked me to buy it.

Is it just me or does anyone else get a black screen sometimes in Warzone?

I have to quit the game and reboot it to get back.

EDIT: I checked my Xbox One and saw I had a console update, that could very well be why.

Alright, you all need to chill out and realize how the hell division ranking systems are actually intended to work.

Ranking systems that contain Leagues/Division intend to divide the entire population into a bell curve of skill levels. There is a small amount of people in the lowest division, a small amount of people in the highest division (Top 200 Champions), and population increases as you go towards the mid divisions.

Every single one of you who are confused/complaining about the ranking system are being blindsided by Halo's atrocious way of rating/ranking people in the past. 1-50s required every player to grind, regardless of their skill level.

Another thing that I think every single one of you are throwing under the table: We are the home of competitive Halo. Most of you ARE the top of the skill chain. This doesn't necessarily mean that the game thinks we are all Pros, but Platinum/Diamond placements aren't unheard of. It means we are above average players.

The majority of players will be landing somewhere from Silver-Platinum. In the Beta, Major Nelson was Iron and Bronze in his playlists. I had friends in Silver and Gold. They were matched with people around that level.

Don't get blindsided by the 1-50s.

Don't underestimate your skill in relation to the entire population.

Just to add to this, there's still a very large portion of the community who has yet to play halo 5. People here shouldn't be so surprised that they or others are preforming better than a small part of the population.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

But teapot, thrust Nades are the closest thing to gust Nades in Shadowrun (not entirely serious)

Lol that's great though. I'm assuming its similar to H4's supernades with sprinting, and if that's the case that's awesome. That to me is something that can add to the depth of the game, unlike slide or stabilize.

And you spawn with a pistol in both games.

Halo 5 has an accurate pistol too compared to Shadowrun's. Who was the modders that uncovered the teleport ability and the anti abilities in Halo 4? Once I get teleport in Halo 5 I'll buy it..

but seriously, the first month or so of a new game is a very fun time to play. Everyone is on even footing and has a chance to excel. It's a race to find the best strategies and ideas and I miss that very much. I loved going over awful isolation CTF strategies, or how to rotate Pit KOTH.

@@xboxdigger 94 I'll probably wait about 2-3 weeks to read and watch a lot of reviews. After that if I do decide to try it I'll get a used copy or something.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly, I can see the settings for this game eventually being either completely barebones, or just having thrust and ground pound, with no radar and all maps except regret and fathom being forge maps. Possibly less health as well so kill times are faster.

Sprint....AND zoom...?

It's a Sniper Rifle thing.

If you hold LT, it just zooms in the default level. Clicking the Sprint/Zoom button switches to the next zoom level.

For non-LT zoom schemes, it's just the normal 4x to 8x to 1x.

@@Teapot surprisingly I found some uses for slide so far. If I know opponents can get a LoS on me in a location and there's a slip of cover of I crouch, I run and slide, then jump and thrust which slides me across to let me jump again. No one really can touch you and you can get the first few shots while they're disoriented

Stabilizers I see some uses on stacking abilities to do jump ups and to utilize LoS that you can only see for a second (example in Reach/h2 being the back blue LoS to Rockets).

Another thing that I think every single one of you are throwing under the table: We are the home of competitive Halo. Most of you ARE the top of the skill chain. This doesn't necessarily mean that the game thinks we are all Pros, but Platinum/Diamond placements aren't unheard of. It means we are above average players. 

This is so true. People on beyond are seriously undervalueing how AWFUL some players are at halo. Think of how bad the average halo player is. Now realize that there's a large amount of people far worse than that player. 

There's a HUGE theater glitch. Mid way through a film, when I clicked the 'double back' button to take you to the beginning of the film (all 3 times), my screen just goes black and the game crashes after about 15-25 seconds.

Can somebody else confirm?