CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Don't you EVER tell people to stop "Bitching" about important things. We're simply pointing out that the Ranking system is not accurate. 

Super low.

LOL @ SWAT

• Downvote (-1) 6

Don't you EVER tell people to stop "Bitching" about important things. We're simply pointing out that the Ranking system is not accurate. 

If we point out something is wrong, are we bitching now? 

Super low.

Funny. I have a .8 KD in SWAT and got placed in Diamond. I also lost most of the matches. Either something isn't right, or only 1000 people play SWAT or something.

In breakout, I barely got any kills the last 3 games and my KD was super low. Also lost a majority of the matches. Got placed in Platinum.

I am going to get my ass stomped so hard later on.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1) metacritic is a garbage metric for measuring games. Rottentomatoes does it way better

Am I supposed to really believe halo 4 and mcc are better halo games because of its mc score?

No. Halo 5 is superior to a lot of past halos.

2) stop bitching about the ranking system guys. The algorithm takes at least a week to work itself out.

Another thing: A lot of the reviews are based on the campaign. Who gives a shit about the campaign?????????

The MP is the most important part of a game, and it looks like it's turning out decent this time around. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Another thing: A lot of the reviews are based on the campaign. Who gives a shit about the campaign?????????

I do. As does a surprisingly large portion of the Halo fanbase.

Ninja was champion 1 yesterday. The highest rank in the world. He was playing on a team of 4

He matched a team of either solo players or two 2s, and they weren't even in the same rank. 2 of them were still getting ranked LMAO

You have the best people in the world playing against average people. One guy didn't even get a kill lol.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

*Ninjas Tweet*

Ninja was champion 1 yesterday. The highest rank in the world. He was playing on a team of 4 of other champions.

He matched a team of either solo players or two 2s, and they weren't even in the same rank.

You have the best people in the world playing against average people. One guy didn't even get a kill lol.

Were those people in their placement matches? I guess I was under the impression that the placement matches were just random to see how you do. I could very well be wrong.

Burton, Hunter and TreyTri at least are all semi-pro players at the very least.

Ninja was champion 1 yesterday. The highest rank in the world. He was playing on a team of 4

He matched a team of either solo players or two 2s, and they weren't even in the same rank. 2 of them were still getting ranked LMAO

It's a breakout game. Ninja goosed neighbor on breakout too. Plus 3 of the 4 players ninja is playing in this game are known to me at least. 

I do. As does a surprisingly large portion of the Halo fanbase.

The strength of the MP will decide how long people play Halo 5, not the campaign. It's been like this for every Halo. Campaign should always be second fiddle. 

It's a breakout game. Ninja goosed neighbor on breakout too. Plus 3 of the 4 players ninja is playing in this game are known to me at least.

What's so hard about people matching people only in their rank tier? It's seriously common sense.

If teams of 4 can't find another team of 4, you shouldn't be able to play.

Champions are so called "competing for the best rank in the world" yet are going up and down based on matches against placement players lol.

1. The rank of Chig and Elamite is around the same as the enemies.

2. Ace still doing his placement matches just like two in the enemie team.

3. Getting goosed against a full team of pros in Breakout. On the day the game releases. Yeah, doesnt really mean much.

4. Burton and Hunter are semi-pros and how do you know they were not a team?

1. The rank of Chig and Elamite is around the same as the enemies.

2. Ace still doing his placement matches just like two in the enemie team.

3. Getting goosed against a full team of pros in Breakout. On the day the game releases. Yeah, doesnt really mean much.

4. Burton and Hunter are semi-pros and how do you know they were not a team? TreyTri is (or was) as well

Placements at the moment seem a little weird. It's launch day, i suppose it's because of the slowly and constant increasing population. Let's give it a few days and see how the algorithm handles the ranking when population is more stable

Can anyone reply to my post that no one replied too and is a big concern of mine?

We cant most of the things you complained about. So deal with it or stop playing the game.

https://twitter.com/LiquidNinjaTB/status/658862084088696832?s=01

These the type of dudes he'd play at an actual LAN tho.

What's so hard about people matching people only in their rank tier? It's seriously common sense.

If teams of 4 can't find another team of 4, you shouldn't be able to play.

Champions are so called "competing for the best rank in the world" yet are going up and down based on matches against placement players lol.

Treytri, hunterjjx, and and bvrton were all once pros or semipro though so they might have been champion

Treytri, hunterjjx, and and bvrton were all once pros or semipro though so they might have been champion

This is 30 minutes into the game releasing to the public. How were they once a different rank?

Slightly offtopic, it's disgusting how little reviewers care about Halo's multiplayer. Since H2, MP has been as significant, if not more, than SP. Yet the multiplayer is nothing but a fucking afterthought in these reviews. Seriously, every review I've read so far has been 10 paragraphs on H5's mediocre storyline, 1 paragraph on the new super amazing 12v12 Warzone, and 1 paragrpah mentioning 'oh Arena's okay' in passing.

I'm not expecting a fucking essay on the metagame of H5, but the reviews give zero shits about spectator mode, the new ranks, the lack of forge and gametypes, or even whether they liked the maps and new sandbox.

Imagine a reviewer treating Sc2's multiplayer, or Spec Ops The Line's singleplayer, the same way they treat Halo's multiplayer. Ugh /endrant.

I feel you, but the thing is, 50% of SC2 players never even touch the multiplayer (according to Blizzard, as hard as that is to believe), whereas almost all players play campaign.  I'm guessing the stats are similar for Halo; most players are casuals and might play a bit of MP but all casuals play campaign ... plus the average video game reviewer is terrible at MP and so their opinion wouldn't really mean much anyway

https://twitter.com/LiquidNinjaTB/status/658862084088696832?s=01

Arent those semi pros lol?