CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I just keep lagging everywhere, doesnt happen on any other game. 

One game its good, another extreme lag, then another good game, etc. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Curios, Did you ever get matched against teams of 4? Once i got to 7/7 on placement i got c9 then two other teams of 4, both highly skilled while i was stuck with 3 randoms. Had a gooser on my team in all 3 games  :)

Edit: ended up diamond 1.

Yeah I started playing with a team of 2 and I matched what seem to be randoms.

I'm playing with a team now and played a team twice in a row, so I'm going to say yes.

You mean like the pistol ruined Halo 1 with even better range and a 3 shot kill?

Different game. Different sandbox. Also the magnum was projectile unlike the dmr.

Heinz has been having this problem since the night he got the game.

Hope they find a fix quick.

This is also happening to me. Same thing happens on MCC. Game just randomly lags non stop

The pistol really needs to be buffed, the difficulty it takes to use it has no pay off worth mentioning when compared against pretty much everything else.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Patch is finally done! Time to hop on and get plat or diamond since everyone says it's pretty easy.

Laggy as in jumping around? or late registration type of lag?

Just played a game of warzone. That was honestly a TON of fun, I really enjoyed it. Coordinating with my team to take out objectives and points. At times I felt like James Bond infiltrating bases and whooping ass.

The AI marines were actually extremely potent, I was happy with their difficulty.

I just really wish they had a fireteam system similar to battlefield, where you can at least see your fireteam's waypoints in a different color. It was hard to find the people in my party.

The android app "reclaimer stats" has added halo 5 stat tracking. Nothing advanced, it gives you campaign info (missions completed, skulls/intel found).

Also gives you k/d and win ratio for arena and other warzone stats too.

For me people are just walking into walls. And nothing I do registers.

Is there a way to see fireteams from the friends list? I want to know who I can join/invite if theyre solo.

my first games were horrible, aiming felt slow as shit and my pistol was off lmao.

Now its a little bit better.

Did anyone else bump their sensitivity up? Im playing at 6/7 now

The aiming feels very......clunky? Like it's really awkward. And sensitivities seem to be relatively slow with him aim acceleration. I'm not being negative just stating how it feels to me.

I am however, complaining about the GOT DAMN BR. That thing is soooooo forgiving and relatively easy to use. In Warzone you literally shred pistol users with it. And the BR with a DMR scope? Good Lord.

Great game though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Big shout out to Ghost, Neighbor and Dersky for putting in work.

The arena experience has been awesome so far, Halo 2/3 feels as far as competitive games go.

• Upvote (+1) 6

The aiming feels very......clunky? Like it's really awkward. And sensitivities seem to be relatively slow with him aim acceleration. I'm not being negative just stating how it feels to me.

I am however, complaining about the GOT DAMN BR. That thing is soooooo forgiving and relatively easy to use. In Warzone you literally shred pistol users with it. And the BR with a DMR scope? Good Lord.

Great game though.

The aiming feels really clunky to me too. Especially coming from all the h2/h2a/h3 ive been playing this past week.

People walking into walls, etc.

A big weapon sandbox was my biggest fear for Halo.

In Halo 2 and 3, 90% of the fights were BR vs BR. The winner of a fight simply outplayed/out shot the other person. The playing field was completely even and it always came down to skill.

The pistol isn't the jack of all trades you guys make it out to be. It has the least range of any gun except the AR, the least bullet magnetism, the least auto aim, and the smallest scope.

You are at a disadvantage AT SPAWN against other guns, period. Yeah, you can win battles against a BR with a pistol, but you had to outplay the other guy by a huge amount for that to happen. If you face a person of equal skill, you will lose against common pick up weapons.

You will lose a lot of battles because you spawned with a bad utility weapon. You will lose a lot of battles because your oppenent RANDOMLY had a better gun out.

This shit didn't happen when it was BR vs BR. Skill won in every situation every single time.

It isnt fun having a pistol out against a weapon that's 10 times easier to use and dieing and knowing that person only won because they had a better weapon out. Killing someone when you have a BR and they have a pistol isn't rewarding because you know they had a weapon that was 20x harder to use and has the POTENTIAL to marginally kill faster if they fucking hit every single shot.

These maps are horrendous. Absolutely every good quality of good Halo maps are thrown out the window.

It's not fucking fun and equal spawning on the bottom floor of a city map that has 10 different levels. You used to spawn on the bottom of lockout and your only defense was knowing that your opprnent can only come from like 2 different areas. Now you spawn and you have to watch 10 different areas and 5 different levels?

This is by far one of the most unbalanced and unequal halo multiplayers besides Halo 4. Having a pistol that has the potential to kill a little bit faster against guns that are 20x easier to use doesn't just magically even the playing field like you guys think it does.

BR vs BR was an even playing field 100% of the time because it was the SAME GUN. None of this TTK and which gun has higher bullet magnetism and higher auto aim bullshit.

This has nothing to do with my skill level at Halo 5. I could be the worst player ever or the best player ever. Getting killed by a gun that's 20x easier to use than the gun I spawn with isn't fun, and killing someone with a weapon that is 20x easier to use than my oppenent isn't rewarding.

I'm 100% for pistol vs Pistol or BR vs BR, but mixing the two and throwing other guns in the mix drastically changes the meta.

It's not an even playing field with 5 different guns to use.

And the rail gun is fucking garbage. When you get killed by rockets, you can at least blame yourself for letting your enemy get close enough that he could kill you. When you get killed by a sniper you can blame yourself for walking in a straight line and being an easy target, but how is it your fault you get killed by an easy ass gun to use that's basically a sniper that shoots a rocket when you spawn on the bottom floor of a map that has 10 different levels and your opponent can traverse the whole map on that same high level.

You simply cannot escape and enemy on high ground in this game.

You spawn bottom on lockout? You just avoid the high ground because they can't see you from up there and you make them come to you.

Spawn bottom ground on the city maps? They can see you from any point on the map and you can't escape it.

The most uneven multiplayer besides Halo 4, IMO.

Having different guns is almost the same as having different abilities in reach. It's just not even.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Who is this? Sounds like a Comp Halo fan

Just realized who it was, was bothering me since she sounded so familiar.

She goes by Persia. She's part of the Fighting Game Community. She's dating Yipes, and often commentates.

Edit: my god that wall of crying above my post is hilarious.

• Upvote (+1) 1