CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Ok so can somebody tell me when I can play H5? I live in Colorado. (Mountain Time Zone)

12AM EST.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ok so can somebody tell me when I can play H5? I live in Colorado. (Mountain Time Zone)

10 PM mountain time

• Upvote (+1) 1

:lxthul:

You can't tell me what to do, you're not my mom. You're a fruit.  :kappa:

she has a point...

Kids these days are damn lucky that they can play their digital games at 12 EST. Back in my day, you had to wait until it was Midnight in your time zone, even if you lived on the West coast! And you had to wait in line and then you had to drive home! You'd be lucky if you were playing it at 1 AM! And we were thankful for that!

• Upvote (+1) 5

Kids these days are damn lucky that they can play their digital games at 12 EST. Back in my day, you had to wait until it was Midnight in your time zone, even if you lived on the West coast! And you had to wait in line and then you had to drive home! You'd be lucky if you were playing it at 1 AM!

:kappa: :kappa: :kappa:

Or Tip of the Spear, if you're into that sorta thing...

I'd be into it at Nightfall.  :lxthul: (Okay, that sounds really dirty, even though I was referencing Halo: Reach)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Kids these days are damn lucky that they can play their digital games at 12 EST. Back in my day, you had to wait until it was Midnight in your time zone, even if you lived on the West coast! And you had to wait in line and then you had to drive home! You'd be lucky if you were playing it at 1 AM! And we were thankful for that!

Well I mean you also didn't have to worry about day 1 patches or installing the game. Midnight launches were cool because there were contests, free shit, even tournaments sometimes.

Anybody here doing midnight tournaments? I'm going to one tomorrow night. If I win, I get the game for free but I don't get to play right at midnight. If I lose, I go home and play at midnight on my pre installed game. Win/Win I guess.

going to see if I have one not too far from me. If I do I'm doing what you're doing for the money,

What time does the embargo lift @@Moa

12AM PST 26th October I think. Few hours to go.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The Magic School Bus. UGH, I REMEMBER THAT SHOW. You just sent me right down nostalgia lane.

You should switch avatars. It's a better show than RWBY.

You will conform to my own personal views.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love CE as much as the next guy, but acting like there is anything that makes the maps anything but generic sci-fi arena maps is laughable. You are being blinded by a decade of playing them, falling in love with the game, and drawing associations. 99% of CE maps could have been lifted from PC FPS games that came before it. Sorry if that is an unpopular opinion but I had to say it (regardless of my love of CE).

Also, there have been tons of FPS games with generic looking maps. Seriously, take a hard look at the best FPS games (PC and console) since the 90's and consider how important that point actually is. Playing a map thousands of times and saying you recognize it as a particular games map isn't a viable reasoning either (as the same would be argued for any map then).

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I want this game to come out so I can read posts here and decide if it's good.

You are being blinded by a decade of playing them, falling in love with the game, and drawing associations. 

This is a just a bad sentence. You think we fell in love with CE because it was generic and like every other game?

• Downvote (-1) 1