CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

BULL.

Halo 2 did not use the same engine that CE did, that's absolute crap. H2 and every halo since have used Havok, and CE did not. This is very easily confirmed by looking at the box art for every halo. Since Bungie and 343 did not create Havok, it was originally built for Unreal (I believe) they had to license it. Because they had to license it, they had to be very open about it and put it on the back of the box. I just went through every halo game and guess what, they ALL say Havok on the back except Halo CE. Go figure...Not to mention the game feels 100% different in every way, it should be obvious.

Why do I constantly have to correct people who work for these games' studios? Jesus.

cT smashing all with the hammer of  cold hard truth.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

To be fair the sandbox is already looking questionable, lets hope they don't do another bungie and just slap more weapons into the game.

Do another bungie? 343i already did that with H4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ok, this is getting stupid now. This isn't the first time this kind of thing has happened. Does anyone remember Halo 3: ODST? No? Right, let me remind you of this beauty.

iit48RSAQPc84.png

See that SMG? It has a red dot sight on it. The same non-sense happened when people noticed this when Halo 3: ODST was being marketed.

What happens when you zoom in with the weapon?

PopularConfusedInganue.gif

You zoom in like it was a scope on a Battle Rifle, Sniper Rifle, etc. You don't ADS like Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc. 

So please for the love of god stop saying Halo 5: Guardians will have ADS purely because there is what looks like a red dot sight on a piece of concept art.

They've built a new engine entirely, and then added small pieces from the older engine. 

While you could technically say it is still an upgrade old engine, the new engine began being built first, then they added small "vital" bits from the old engine to make sure in the end, it was an engine for Halo.

Idk why you quoted me when i never said they would have ADS. I said it would be bad if they added it and that i wouldnt mind some weapon customization as long as scopes didnt effect gameplay. I also said different reticles/hud would be a cool feature.

Also i said that if weapon customization was in then that would most likely mean loadouts would have to be in the game.

So plz dont say that i said something or was freaking out when i wasnt.

Idk why you quoted me when i never said they would have ADS. I said it would be bad if they added it and that i wouldnt mind some weapon customization as long as scopes didnt effect gameplay. I also said different reticles/hud would be a cool feature.

Also i said that if weapon customization was in then that would most likely mean loadouts would have to be in the game.

So plz dont say that i said something or was freaking out when i wasnt.

I just quoted every post about ADS and Halo on the previous two pages, apologies.

• Upvote (+1) 4

If there's flinch in the next game I won't be investing my time into MP. IMHO that's the worse thing to happen to the MP. I'll play the campaign a few times (I'm a huge Halo lore nerd lol) - or whatever new modes they add, like SpOps season 2 etc. - and then shelve it.

I'd rather have sprint than flinch.

A red pixel on some art work and people think it is a red dot sight??

I don't understand that method of conclusion.

To me if it is anything it is a red LED on the rifle itself.

Now if it were a red dot sight i think that would be kind of interesting. But how does one draw that conclusion from the pic?

A red pixel on some art work and people think it is a red dot sight??

I don't understand that method of conclusion.

To me if it is anything it is a red LED on the rifle itself.

Now if it were a red dot sight i think that would be kind of interesting. But how does one draw that conclusion from the pic?

Did you not see the picture of the scope? Its definitely a red dot instead of the standard br scope. Red pixel??

What artwork are you looking at?

Okay guys.

343i being good with multiplayer or not, ADS will never happen. If there's something 343i is good at, it's the lore and canon. In canon, all soldiers have a targeting system literally in their brain. That chip that can go in the back of MJOLNIR helmets? While what we see Chief put in his helmet is Cortana, every soldier has a chip like that in the back of their skull that gives them a reticle to aim with. ADS would frankly break canon, and I don't think they'll do that.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Halo Follower had video on this topic. Do you think Halo could benefit from this kind of customization or will it just alienate the old Halo competitive community even more? For me ADS will just break the game for me.

A strong possibility is that we can just change how the scope looks when zoomed in, or the appearance of the gun, while not messing with the functionality. No ADS, just appearance options. Could be cool.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I thought I read somewhere where 343 tried ADS but didn't like it/thought it was just too much

A strong possibility is that we can just change how the scope looks when zoomed in, or the appearance of the gun, while not messing with the functionality. No ADS, just appearance options. Could be cool.

If weapon elements were very hard to unlock, i.e., Vidmaster hard, then that's a good thing that has the potential to encourage competitiveness.

Okay guys.

343i being good with multiplayer or not, ADS will never happen. If there's something 343i is good at, it's the lore and canon. In canon, all soldiers have a targeting system literally in their brain. That chip that can go in the back of MJOLNIR helmets? While what we see Chief put in his helmet is Cortana, every soldier has a chip like that in the back of their skull that gives them a reticle to aim with. ADS would frankly break canon, and I don't think they'll do that.

It wouldn't be the first time they forewent the lore to appease the market and it probably wont be the last. Sprint had both gameplay and canonical reasons that barred its existence and they were overwritten

You knew what Bungie would do. They had certain lines they'd never cross, so while the games kept getting worse in some areas, they were always "safe" so to speak. With 343, you never know. They're more daring and unpredictable, which is good if they stay on the right path. Nevertheless, I'm not holding my breath until we see somebody get 4'd across the map and ADS (and flinch) are no where to be seen. 

I thought I read somewhere where 343 tried ADS but didn't like it/thought it was just too much

They also tried traditional Halo and scraped it, so that bit of information can't exactly be used as precedence. 

Halo Follower had video on this topic. Do you think Halo could benefit from this kind of customization or will it just alienate the old Halo competitive community even more? For me ADS will just break the game for me.

HaloFollower isn't a reliable source.

• Upvote (+1) 9

HaloFollower isn't a reliable source.

yeah his videos are just clickbait videos with misleading titles. I liked when he would just tell us news and

not speculate with ridiculous theories

Is there any other Halo channels on YouTube that do real news? and not speculation.

Is there any other Halo channels on YouTube that do real news? and not speculation.

MoreConsole maybe? Not completely sure as u don't watch his videos.

Rooster Teeth's The Know channel focuses solely on news and obviously covers a lot of Halo.

We will be covering reliable news on

, also our homepage obviously.

Naked Eli, Unyshek etc are also other reliable names.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We will be covering reliable news on

, also our homepage obviously.

Naked Eli, Unyshek etc are also other reliable names.

Cough cough.

1) Etc is a reliable news channel?

2) Hispanics man, we're a good reliable news channel as well.

:kappa:  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

It would never happen. AAA titles don't get public betas this early on because it would be awful for publicity.

it's definitely true that most of the balance work comes together near the end, but it seems to me that they'll have been working on h5 for almost 3 years by that point.  i think it would be interesting if they had it somewhat presentable on a limited number of maps with a limited number of weapons + no armor customization, to put less burden on what they need to get polished.

You're right though, it's more likely for it to come closer to launch.

So am I, but any excuse to get on Halo 3: ODST is a good excuse.

i'm not a campaign guy, and most of the people that post on here probably aren't, but ODST's campaign and firefight was sick, genuinely loved playing that game