CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Last few pages summary:

Cursed Lemon beating himself in his own arguments.

People want 4sk pistol.

Maps aren't memorable.

Free DLC is now being argued against.

BR is too easy.

Breakout is controversial.

Sweet city warzone map still a mystery.

Can you prove that? 24cws8w.jpg

Now if you're saying that they should basically just keep throwing darts at the wall and hope for a happy accident, then...I gueeeessssss...

Yep that's basically what I'm saying.  Look at CE.  I'll preface this by stating I haven't looked into the whole history of how they made CE but I'm pretty sure they weren't going with mindset of designing ultra competitive maps.  It seems more like they made a lot of maps that they thought would be fun.  Some worked, some didn't.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is a bit of a stretch.

5s4Vs4A.jpg

xkPjsPZ.jpg

That's pretty damn close to a forge map and certainly isn't a map that they spent time and effort to make unique. Just my opinion though.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 10

People use to bitch about too much texture in the games because of nades. Now we're saying not enough textures. :wutface: Derp. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is a bit of a stretch.

It looks as unenthusiastic and soulless like all the other forge maps. I think it's appropriate comparison.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It looks as unenthusiastic and soulless like all the other forge maps. I think it's appropriate comparison.

Ya ok

xkPjsPZ.jpg

h5-guardians-forge-01-34675d48d4f74255be

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It doesn't look like a forge map, but it does embody some of the blandness of 343i's map designs. I agree with the general sentiment that the maps are not as enticing as previous games. These maps all remind me of Haven and Adrift from Halo 4 - which is not a compliment. We will never see the aesthetics of maps like Lockout, Pit, Narrows, etc. back again which makes me sad. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yep that's basically what I'm saying.  Look at CE.  I'll preface this by stating I haven't looked into the whole history of how they made CE but I'm pretty sure they weren't going with mindset of designing ultra competitive maps.  It seems more like they made a lot of maps that they thought would be fun.  Some worked, some didn't.

Well, I've already expounded on the idea of creating BTB maps, 4v4 maps, and "fun" maps as explicitly separate ventures, so that's something I think should be part of their mindset. I guess there's a chance that you're correct in saying that the map designers are under certain shackles, but then your advice becomes very simple - fire the guy(s) who is hog-tying the map team. 

Just because a map is grey and has no textures it's a forge map? Does that mean a third of CE's maps are forged? lol

/s

Just because a map is grey and has no textures it's a forge map? Does that mean a third of CE's maps are forged? lol

Some people look at anything to complain about. Pros seem to like the maps.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Some people look at anything to complain about. Pros seem to like the maps.

I liked them as well in the beta and they seem to play well based off of what I have seen from twitch. If the maps play well, that's all that matter.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So watching some stream of a CS pro or something, got goosed in "diamond".

Glad to see the ranking system works and no deranks totally not being a problem...

• Downvote (-1) 9

Glad to see the ranking system works and no deranks totally not being a problem...

Not many people have the game yet, therefore the ranks people have right now are not accurate whatsoever. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

He was playing with pros yesterday and got carried. He is friends with like alot of pros. and fyi he isn't pro on CS either.  Also not many people have the game right now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Do you know how many people have the game?

How does that compute to bad ranking? What if he just sucks? Aren't the ranks based off of wins? What if he rode on the wins of his better teammates? 

What Kenny said makes sense, and it's ironic Sal1ent negged you, the good ironic rofl 

• Upvote (+1) 1

How does that compute to bad ranking? What if he just sucks? Aren't the ranks based off of wins? What if he rode on the wins of his better teammates? 

Other then the fact that he's not having fun constantly getting shit on and he's dragging down his team because he can't rank down?

Love the out of no where defence force though.

I love how people think this shit won't happen when more people start playing too. It's fucking hilarious.

• Downvote (-1) 10