CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

From what I've seen I would go with clip magazine size. Bottomless clip  mag the pistol easily matches the BR imo.

Still a wait and see game though atm.

Fixed that for you

Did we ever get the pro team gameplay this week or did I miss it?

He does, quite a bit actually. 

Every pro liked Halo 4 "quite a bit" as well when it released.

Let the hype die down, then the real opinions will come out.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's when you watch BR start SWAT that you see just how stupid the bullet magnetism on the BR is.

A Strongholds 100-0 sounds like a Shut Out to me. Or a Lockdown/Lockout (albeit possibly confusing as these are names of previous Halo maps).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there a term for 100-0 in strongholds ;''}

Choke hold? Arm bar? Strong armed? Full nelson?

Cant see medals in post game stats.

Just reminding everyone.

We're doomed

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah it's called "Twitch".

There was also this, but I don't think that's what people consider "gameplay"... it was insightful regardless.

Cant see medals in post game stats.

Just reminding everyone.

At least most of the problems with Halo 5 are just decisions rather than pure gameplay mechanics. Like the problems I find, are things like this, Lack of gametypes and lack of social playlists. 

But it seems like the core of Halo 5 is a pretty good FPS. Which is better than Halo 4.

My Xbox is just slow as shit.

If installing a game disc is taking ages it's probably because it's pulling the files through the internet instead of from the disc, I always disconnect my Xbox from the internet when installing games so it does it from disc.

What is up with warzone? It was advertised as 6 maps but I have only seen 3 with two different gametypes. Also, warzone assault seems very odd; It is an attack and defend gametype where you don't switch sides. 

Yeah it's called "Twitch".

Which 343 pro team players have been streaming?

Which 343 pro team players have been streaming?

There are pro players (pistola, snipedown, Ninja, ???) in Seattle right now presumably to play them and stream it at some point.

As far as the 343 pro team playing online...they are apparently forbidden from playing for the first week.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There are pro players (pistola, snipedown, Ninja, ???) in Seattle right now presumably to play them and stream it at some point.

As far as the 343 pro team playing online...they are apparently forbidden from playing for the first week.

Okay cool. I am really looking forward to seeing 343 pro team play since they have been playing for so long, and i'm sure they play it completely different than anyone else currently. 

My halo 5 is fully downloaded on my xbox, it's 54.8 GB. I'm all good to go yeah? Don't wanna get on at midnight and have some download to do.

Did they ever explain why respawn timer is on 8s now?

H4's instant spawn was too fast so now we go into the opposite direction?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I remember saying this some time back and a few posters were making it seem as if I was talking crazy. No, some of these maps really look like maps in recent cod games from a design standpoint. They may look prettier in halo, but certain aesthetics and areas look just like a map you can find in a cod game in the last 3 years. Not to mention all of the UNSC maps looking almost identical (regardless of remixes). There has to be more to a UNSC map than staircases and rooms with cylinders that look alike.

The Pit does not look like Foundry, Blackout, Ghost Town or High Ground. Fathom, Eden, The Rig, Plaza and Empire all look one huge Warzone map split into parts for arena gameplay.

Literally no stand out maps. People can talk about gameplay and all that stuff all they want but the maps are the biggest problem right now.

Sanctuary, the pit, narrows, construct, Lockout, midship, foundry, etc. 343 hasnt even come close to making maps like those ones.

I know halo 3 gameplay wasn't the best, but run around those maps. It feels like a breathe of fresh air after watching halo 5 maps.

And to top if off, the dlc is free. 343 has zero incentive to make the dlc maps good. The more money they spend on the dlc, the more money they lose.

Free DLC is really concerning to me. It's great if the maps are good and what not, but like I said, they have no reason to make them good. They already got everyone's money at launch. They have to spend profit on something that won't make them money. And it's 343 were talking about.

• Upvote (+1) 4