CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Watching 2gre play on Regret is much more interesting than the Empire/Eden/Fathom games I watched last night. It's either because he's really fun to watch or Regret is a more interesting map or both, but I'm glad either way. Still, 1 maps out of 4 isn't a great ratio...

I just finished the story

:)

Any chance you can PM me the story line, ending? Doesn't have be very specific, just general overview?

I feel like I'm going to be that guy that just saves up his SPNKR and CE Pistol cards and never use them

• Upvote (+1) 3

RRR?

and i think a better alternative is increase the pistol's scope range.

When you touch your reticle to a player and it turns red, you're guaranteed the hit. The bullet magnetism grants it to you. There's a certain range for each weapon though that cuts that effect off, and starts slowly declining the bullet magnetism and aiming magnetism.

The pistols range is shorter than the other utility weapons, and the drop-off in magnetism on all fronts is pretty dramatic it seems. It makes pro players struggle to ping people who are just walking along, when those players are still in 4 or 8 shit range for the BR.

I think the pistol needs values that are more in line with the BR, although not entirely. The pistol is perfectly accurate at range but it's just not EFFECTIVE at range, and the RRR or overall aiming magnetism could really help in finishing players off before they thrust or sprint away. At least make the zoom further, like you said. It's just useless at ranges where the BR and DMR dominate from. That gradient needs to be WAY smoother.

Watching Ogre stream and those seriously look like the easiest 4s of his life with the BR. He called it the "best gun in the game".

What difficulty, how many hours?

My solo legendary run first time playing through the campaign was just over ten hours I think.

Watching Ogre stream and those seriously look like the easiest 4s of his life with the BR. He called it the "best gun in the game".

"No bloom = no skill"

-Ogre2

Of course, the game is very easy to aim in; and that is because of the fov, and big maps.

When you touch your reticle to a player and it turns red, you're guaranteed the hit. The bullet magnetism grants it to you. There's a certain range for each weapon though that cuts that effect off, and starts slowly declining the bullet magnetism and aiming magnetism.

The pistols range is shorter than the other utility weapons, and the drop-off in magnetism on all fronts is pretty dramatic it seems. It makes pro players struggle to ping people who are just walking along, when those players are still in 4 or 8 shit range for the BR.

I think the pistol needs values that are more in line with the BR, although not entirely. The pistol is perfectly accurate at range but it's just not EFFECTIVE at range, and the RRR or overall aiming magnetism could really help in finishing players off before they thrust or sprint away. At least make the zoom further, like you said. It's just useless at ranges where the BR and DMR dominate from. That gradient needs to be WAY smoother.

Idk i think it fills the role nicely- the only shots i really see people struggling to hit is cross map: For example

-Red base to blue base on coliseum and truth

-Car to pink on truth

I feel like the rifles fill those roles.

Pistol RRR seems to be right past the halfway point (60%) across the map.

"No bloom = no skill"

-Ogre2

You can pull any quote you want but I'm sitting here watching him hit consistent 4 shots.

As I expected, this game just doesn't work with BR's/DMR's on the map. It really doesn't. The pistol has too many disadvantages to the ease-of-use of those alternatives.

I invite anyone to disagree with me. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

As I expected, this game just doesn't work with BR's/DMR's on the map. It really doesn't. The pistol has too many disadvantages to the ease-of-use of those alternatives.

I invite anyone to disagree with me. 

I don't have to disagree with it. You haven't played it yet so you wouldn't know.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Anybody else torn between pre-loading the game so it's ready at midnight, or going to the store to get it then having to wait almost 2 days for it to install? Because that's where I'm at... I have a $15 off anything coupon at Bestbuy that I can use to get the game. But idk if I wanna wait another 2 days for it to install so I can play it.

I don't have to disagree with it. You haven't played it yet so you wouldn't know.

You don't think I've watched enough of the game in the past 36 hours to form an opinion?

CSGByZ3UcAAXp-j.jpg

SPNKr boyz!

Ugh, it looks so much better than the default launcher. The silhouette just screams "Halo".

• Upvote (+1) 1