CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

that awkward moment when you realize the only reason halo 5 has so many people watching the game is because a competitive csgo player with over 1 million followers is streaming it. I wonder what the number will be when he is through lol.

The real test will be to see how many viewers H5 is getting a month after launch. 

If it goes back down the charts to where it is known to be --- we will have a problem.

The jungle looking map in Warzone looks cool. Nice to shake things up and add different styles in the game.

Sorry to be a negative nancy, but this game is not fun to watch. Every fight ends up in one or both players thrusting and then sprinting away.

4sk pistol please.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Thrust is yet another ability that looks cool in "modern shooters" but just does not translate well to halo due to the long kill times.

Thrust is nearly sprint level bad for gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I said thrusters happen in every gunfight in the beta. With that said its still entertaining to watch for me.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

pistol kill time should be a little faster, other than that i always had the feeling that halo 5 felt like advanced warfare without the double jumping bullshit

4sk pistol ain't happening. People expecting not to have fun with the gun balance very similar to what it is right now should just get Black Ops 3.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sorry to be a negative nancy, but this game is not fun to watch. Every fight ends up in one or both players thrusting and then sprinting away.

4sk pistol please.

Sprinting away or just the regular running? Why sprint away when your shield stays low?

4sk pistol ain't happening. People expecting not to have fun with the gun balance very similar to what it is right now should just get Black Ops 3.

They didn't go through the trouble of making an extremely intuitive and fast weapon patching process for no reason. 

I'm not seeing people sprinting away or thrusting away in any significant capacity, where they would've died if they didn't.

I'd probably be down for 4sk but 3sk would completely break the weapon sandbox. The weapons are kind of all equal in a halon for the first time in a while. I'm interested in playing that and seeing the choice of possible weapon layouts we can have because of it. It should be a lot more than previous games.

The real test will be to see how many viewers H5 is getting a month after launch.

If it goes back down the charts to where it is known to be --- we will have a problem.

Nothing really changed to keep the hype up. People will play for the campaign and slowly forget. Random unlocks of armour and stuff is generally pretty boring.

The ranks switching seasonally is unlikely going to hold people, because not everyone plays for that. My fingers are crossed but there's just no incentive to stick around. Pretty negative but still. I absolutely cannot wait. I stuck with mcc the whole way through, so I'm an anomaly to the public lol.

I don't know what it is, but the game is just boring for me to watch right now. For reference, I also found Blops 3's beta mind-numbingly boring, and can watch Destiny only a good five minutes before I mentally clock out. Dark Souls, LoL, and Counter Strike I can watch for ages. I didn't even mind H2A for long periods. If I had to attribute it to something in H5, maybe it would be how bland the maps look from a visual standpoint. 

Frustrating as hell that I can't pinpoint the reason though. Thrusters certainly don't help.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Watched a ton Pro 8s last night: First impressions

-Alot of trades

-Thruster is used defensively, but its not as game-breaking as i thought. I thought thruster would be alot of peak-a-boo, but its not that bad especially in OBJ.

-Camo is the steeze

- Breakout is pretty cool

- Sprinting is a death sentence

-Running with a teammate is essential 

-Grenades are nukes

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thrust is yet another ability that looks cool in "modern shooters" but just does not translate well to halo due to the long kill times.

Thrust is nearly sprint level bad for gameplay.

how any modern shooters is it even in? 1, 2 maybe? In any case, h5s killtimes are too long, add the fact that you can't shoot while thrusting, you change both of these things and its immediately better.

They didn't go through the trouble of making an extremely intuitive and fast weapon patching process for no reason.

Then by all means, keep your hopes up.

H5 maps are bright and almost too vibrant. How can you say they're too bland?

all the unsc maps are different artistically by color only, coliseum truth and regret are like the only 3 that look unique.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Sprinting away or just the regular running? Why sprint away when your shield stays low?

Thrust, sprint to the next corner or to teammate and therefore survive in scenarios where they should have died.

Thrust, sprint to the next corner or to teammate and therefore survive in scenarios where they should have died.

I'm not seeing this happen all that much though, I mean it's happening in general but most of the time players will do it even though they didn't need to, like not even during combat.

all the unsc maps are different artistically by color only, coliseum truth and regret are like the only 3 that look unique.

I hear what your saying but then I just thought about these maps in comparison to H4. Definate upgrade.

H5 maps are bright and almost too vibrant. How can you say they're too bland?

Bland as in uninspired in aesthetic design, not color. UNSC maps in particular.

• Upvote (+1) 1