CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

5s4Vs4A.jpg

EphOhCn.jpg

xkPjsPZ.jpg

Compare any of the city maps in Halo 5 to Foundry on Halo 3 or lockout on Halo 2.

Compare the outdoor maps in Halo 5 to Sanctuary on Halo 2 or Gaurdian on Halo 3.

The Halo 5 maps are absolutely atrocious.

You can add abilities to Halo on maps like Sanctuary, Lockout, The Pit, Gaurdian, etc and the only thing that will change is people sprinting away a tad more.

When you fundamentally change the map designs to that of Halo 5, you get 100x more problems.

Halo used to be about simplicity. Less is more. Now look at the maps. Tunnels, ramps, staircases, boxes, spheres, ledges, windows, EVERYWHERE.

Look at narrows in Halo 3. Such a simple fucking map but it was so awesome. 343 has yet to deliver anything CLOSE to that map.

And we only get 8 maps right now. 2 of which are forge. And 2 maps are remakes of the other 2 maps.

And we don't even have forge to make maps right now.

And we only have 2 objective gametypes on the limited maps.

Not trying to be negative, but this is a huge problem IMO.

The maps are a major problem right now imo. It is way too much going on with them. Just look at the overhead shots of the pit compared to coliseum.....one is clean and focused....the other looks like a clusterfuck of objects. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

The maps are a major problem right now imo. It is way too much going on with them. Just look at the overhead shots of the pit compared to coliseum.....one is clean and focused....the other looks like a clusterfuck of objects.

Word. Competitive merit aside, how the art team looked at this and said "job well done guys, ship it." is beyond me.

Word. Competitive merit aside, how the art team looked at this and said "job well done guys, ship it." is beyond me.

Especially when Vic DeLeon, the guy behind H3's art style, was there.

Anyone who has already downloaded the update, about how long did it take?

Like 30-40 min. 

Awesome gameplay from Naded earlier, he got super hyped. that 47-41 comeback that ended 50-49  :walshy:

Sweet he even tells you what rank you are in Champion.

Just occurred to me that 343 might have made the pistol a 5SK so that the legendary CE pistol at 3SK feels more powerful by comparison. Dumb reasoning, but I wouldn't put it past 343. 

The legendary pistol that we have no real proof of existing outside of a single mode?

is this true @@Humpflung?

After watching the pros play in naded's stream, and the potential with mega forge and custom options, this game will be the shit. I screamed watching one of the matches it was sooooo intense. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

After watching the pros play in naded's stream, and the potential with mega forge and custom options, this game will be the shit. I screamed watching one of the matches it was sooooo intense. 

That gets me excited. Just finished a video of an intense Halo 3 game featuring Ninja, didn't even realize how tense I was, and how fast my heart was racing by the time it was done. Hopefully Halo 5 provides that again.

Fuck man I want better, forged maps soooooo bad

That gets me excited. Just finished a video of an intense Halo 3 game featuring Ninja, didn't even realize how tense I was, and how fast my heart was racing by the time it was done. Hopefully Halo 5 provides that again.

Naded's team was down like 40 to 47 and they came back. It was orgasmic to experience. They clutched it hard. This alone shows Halo 5 has something special going on. 

Plaza is looking good, liking the layout. I wish 343 would put two powerups instead of one each map but damn I'm liking what I'm seeing. Pistol still needs that buff though.