CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Yuuuuuup.

Been hyped about Halo 5, for a while, but that was just a kick in the teeth. It's just play, rewind, and fast forward, or were those removed too?

so did 343 run out of time / disk space and that's why we only have 5 game types at launch?

this game is gonna be over 100gb lol

I really don't know why the Team Arena playlist wasn't actually the arena obj list with all the classic obj gametypes, and then have arena slayer, and the current slayer playlist become a social/unranked slayer. It would still be a smaller amount of playlists (as I am guessing thats what they were shooting for?  :blink: ) but we would have more gametypes to play, as well as giving us an unranked playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Been hyped about Halo 5, for a while, but that was just a kick in the teeth. It's just play, rewind, and fast forward, or were those removed too?

Time to buy a capture card to record your sick killionaires.

Yeah.  I've heard its buggy and can black screen too but I haven't seen it in action yet so not sure how much my word is worth.  Definitely disappointed in the whole clip thing.  Still stuck with 720p 30 fps on xbox dvr.

Time to buy a capture card to record your sick killionaires.

I mean... I don't MIND using the Xbox DVR (Despite its HIGHLY inferior 30FPS recording cap) but honestly? NO recording? Even the MCC had that. Wonder if we can even save our films in local files, in case a file share's even coming, which looks unlikely at launch at least.

So is there a video or link that validates the claims about theatre mode? I searched in Google but thats useless

And I remeber watching one of the campaign streams and one guy that was afk was playing some beta footage that looked like it was recorded from theatre. I don't know.

I mean... I don't MIND using the Xbox DVR (Despite its HIGHLY inferior 30FPS recording cap) but honestly? NO recording? Even the MCC had that. Wonder if we can even save our films in local files, in case a file share's even coming, which looks unlikely at launch at least.

I don't even know how to use the Xbox DVR, I don't have my kinect plugged in so I can't scream at it to record. But yea it is pretty unacceptable for them to not have a record function even though every other halo has had it.  

So is there a video or link that validates the claims about theatre mode? I searched in Google but thats useless

I watched Simms using it yesterday. Can't dig through his VOD at the moment though.

I watched Simms using it yesterday. Can't dig through his VOD at the moment though.

I'll try and find it. 

Edit: Don't think VOD's enabled for his Twitch, no past broadcasts.

Can someone with the ability to have two way correspondence with Josh Holmes or Quinn Del Hoyo ask if the 18 free maps are also going to include Forge maps and if so, why?

What ever ogre 2 is playing right now, breakout or whatever its called i think, is the worst looking Halo i have ever seen. I'm not one to hate on a game or say im not playing it, before its actually released. But this shit is making me consider doing exactly that...

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can someone with the ability to have two way correspondence with Josh Holmes or Quinn Del Hoyo ask if the 18 free maps are also going to include Forge maps and if so, why?

@@Sal1ent

I'd be scared to see my "/played" on Beyond this past year.

Ashamed, actually. :/

Oh don't be, it wouldn't touch my /played on THC.

Has he said what he has thought of H5 yet?

Summit just said in response to how the game is: "its really fucking fun" so i think he's enjoying it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

There is no recording in Theater.

Fuck, that was the one thing I was hoping for in theater, the one fucking thing. Now it will be back to staging every single angle. For real though, why is it that the theater mode from halo 3 in 2007 is the best theater mode we ever got?

Man it is depressing to read this thread

Just tune in to walshy streaming instead.

You can't be depressed watching papa walsh. He always seems so happy.

Watching Naded instead, but the poor guy got SWATnums 2 times in a row.  :wutface: