CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I didn't say it was a bad thing?

I haven't watched him stream much. I know it looks like sp00n is really loving the game, he's played like 20+ hours of it since yesterday and seems to be legitimately be enjoying himself. I figure he would like Warzone or BTB better being a big battlefield guy.

The one thing I heard summit saying was how it was difficult to aim in Halo 5, making him look bad lol. He said there doesn't seem to be much aim assist at all making landing shots take more skill. Then again, he plays on PC with kbm, idk how much xbox he typically plays. It might just be bc he isn't amazing with a controller or something. 

Yeah I've been watching sp00n for a while, he really does seem to be legitimately enthusiastic and definitely seem to be enjoying himself. I'm even seeing a lot of people who wouldn't go near Halo before join their fireteam with pretty good comments.

All in all it's pretty exciting. I'm extremely pleased with little to no aim assist.

Coliseum seriously has to be a forge map right?  It looks like any of the generic garbage we got playing Reach's forge maps.  And it is even more of a disgrace how they are including the breakout forge maps and coliseum and the warzone remixes in the 20+ map count that they have been advertising all along.

do you believe they falsely advertised the 21 multiplayer maps at launch?

Never mind. I thought you meant "Halo 5 HCS Season 3", as in, three seasons of H5 HCS before they made a buff, not after the first H5 one, which is Season 3, after H2A's 2.

To be fair it's believable the other way around too :kappa:

No need for a fileshare without Forge is probably the mindset atm.

But how will we share the clips we make in theater?

Halo 5: Guardians CRY BABY BITCH Discussion

It's almost like 343 has failed to make a good Halo game in the 4 years prior to this. Kappa.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm enjoying the 2gre halo 5 stream. Its fun to watch someone who is a goat play.

Also the marketing for this game, while decent, hasn't been anywhere near the Halo 3 "believe" campaign. All we get is Call of Duty'ish type of advertising now of just explosions. 

The marketing for Halo 5 is surprisingly huge. A lot of promotion at sport events, on products, during movies and/or popular TV shows. I don't think it lives up to Halo 3 (also due to the hype of the game itself following Halo 2 "finishing" the fight, etc), but it's nothing to sleep on.

It's really just how 343 approached media and streaming that had a negative impact on viewership at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know what to do with myself until tuesday now. 

I hear posting here helps kill time :saucey:

• Upvote (+1) 5

SWAT is just a variant of Slayer, it doesn't count.

There's a difference between a playlist and a gametype. Halo 5 only features four gametypes in Arena.

Well then technically breakout is a variant of slayer as well.

The marketing for Halo 5 is surprisingly huge. A lot of promotion at sport events, on products, during movies and/or popular TV shows. I don't think it lives up to Halo 3 (also due to the hype of the game itself following Halo 2 "finishing" the fight, etc), but it's nothing to sleep on.

It's really just how 343 approached media and streaming that had a negative impact on viewership at this point.

I'm agreeing with you that they didn't skimp on advertising, it's just that the advertising itself is nothing special (other than Hunt the Truth series, which doesn't really reach mass population). Halo 5 looks like a blockbuster rather than an epic game. I know there's some market researcher telling them that to reach masses they need to have explosions and CoD-looking trailers, but I really do miss the older-type of ads.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know what to do with myself until tuesday now. 

Xanax and chill? Because I still harbor some anxiety about the games performance at launch, meaning whether or not its bugged to hell. I'm a bit more confident it'll run better than MCC, but all the same you can't be too careful.

I'd be scared to see my "/played" on Beyond this past year.

Ashamed, actually. :/

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was thinking about just taking more nyquil than is healthy and just sleeping until monday 11pm cst.  :walshy:

so did 343 run out of time / disk space and that's why we only have 5 game types at launch?

this game is gonna be over 100gb lol