CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Coliseum seriously has to be a forge map right?  It looks like any of the generic garbage we got playing Reach's forge maps.  And it is even more of a disgrace how they are including the breakout forge maps and coliseum and the warzone remixes in the 20+ map count that they have been advertising all along.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

From that last Empire game on Ogre 2's stream I saw a moment near the end where an opposing player did not show up on radar while walking normally.

Can we put the radar panic to bed yet?

Someone said in a game earlier with Roy that they were showing up on radar while walking.

Halo 3s maps were built around its boring, sluggish, and simple movement system. Just like the halo 5 maps are built for its movement system. Bash me all you want but halo 5s movement is way interesting than 3s.. couldn't play 100 matches of that trash..

Not true at all. The slower the movement speed, the tighter the map should be to compensate for that.

The faster the movement, the bigger the map needs to be. Basically what you just said.

However, it's the opposite. Halo 5 maps are getting smaller and tighter and the speeds are increasing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hmm?

Never mind. I thought you meant "Halo 5 HCS Season 3", as in, three seasons of H5 HCS before they made a buff, not after the first H5 one, which is Season 3, after H2A's 2.

I miss all the high fives at the end of each game. 

:kappa:

I'll change my sig back just for you.

that awkward moment when you realize the only reason halo 5 has so many people watching the game is because a competitive csgo player with over 1 million followers is streaming it. I wonder what the number will be when he is through lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

that awkward moment when you realize the only reason halo 5 has so many people watching the game is because a competitive csgo player with over 1 million followers is streaming it. I wonder what the number will be when he is through lol.

You realize that's a good thing right? Exposing the game to other people is what 343 wants to grow the game. Who cares if they are mainly CS:GO players, maybe a good percent of them want to buy H5 now.

Has he said what he has thought of H5 yet?

At least it will/might bring some people into the game or at least try it out.  

Halo 3s maps were built around its boring, sluggish, and simple movement system. Just like the halo 5 maps are built for its movement system.

wut

• Upvote (+1) 1

So why do people keep mentioning halo 3 like it was the holy grail of halo or something.... that game was the absolute worst halo ever in my opinion even worse than 4 and that was a bad game as well in my opinion but at least I enjoyed 4 enough to reach over 149 matches unlike 3 where I didn't reach 94.... .. I guess after playing cod 1-3 alongside halo ce and 2 3 didn't really suck me in...

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 10

The announcer in this game is...on molly, or something. 

They did change a lot for the announcer for medals, but the "Game Over, Victory!" is really just bad. Who's in charge of this stuff and thinks this sounds better than the other game over from previous games? 

So why do people keep mentioning halo 3 like it was the holy grail of halo or something.... that game was the absolute worst halo ever in my opinion even worse than 4 and that was a bad game as well in my opinion but at least I enjoyed 4 enough to reach over 149 matches unlike 3 where I didn't reach 94.... .. I guess after playing cod 1-3 alongside halo ce and 2 3 didn't really suck me in...

The one positive thing H3 had going for it was Forge and Custom Games. Other than that I have to agree on it being the worst. I'd say Halo 4 and Halo 3 are tied in that regard, in my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Seeing all these pro's and cool, popular streamers playing Halo 5 is such a magical thing. 

It's like Christmas time boys. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Bullet mag on the sniper is at least as bad as H2. You know it's bad when you're watching it real-time and can tell it was nowhere the reticle was nowhere near a hit.

Does your score being on top (even when losing) drive anyone else nuts?

Idk much about developing a game but shouldn't this be pretty easy and simple to fix? @@Sal1ent

I'm talking purely map design.

Halo 3 would have been a 100x better with the Halo 2 gameplay on the Halo 3 maps.

I'm just saying if you look at maps like construct, narrows, the pit, Gaurdian, foundry, etc....Halo 5 doesn't even come close.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well to me, the average-high numbers across usual Halo streams translates into a poor approach by 343 regarding the early release.

Maybe if 343 built up excitement properly and didn't let people stream the game until the actual release date, then a lot of people would gather to watch at the same time to see what's going on... but no. Had a week of campaign gameplay on Twitch that no one wanted to watch because of spoilers (so now everyone is avoiding that), and we also have a bunch of people who aren't even aware this game's MP can be streamed on Twitch unless they kept up on social media or Halo news (which they most likely don't because of the inevitable spoilers).

All in all, I'm not impressed with how 343 handled Halo 5 media at all leading up to the launch. A lot of things could have been done better.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You do realize he said he's going to be playing it a lot, right? So if anything he could be considered a Halo streamer -- I see absolutely nothing wrong with that, at all.

You realize that's a good thing right? Exposing the game to other people is what 343 wants to grow the game. Who cares if they are mainly CS:GO players, maybe a good percent of them want to buy H5 now.

I didn't say it was a bad thing?

Has he said what he has thought of H5 yet?

I haven't watched him stream much. I know it looks like sp00n is really loving the game, he's played like 20+ hours of it since yesterday and seems to be legitimately be enjoying himself. I figure he would like Warzone or BTB better being a big battlefield guy.

The one thing I heard summit saying was how it was difficult to aim in Halo 5, making him look bad lol. He said there doesn't seem to be much aim assist at all making landing shots take more skill. Then again, he plays on PC with kbm, idk how much xbox he typically plays. It might just be bc he isn't amazing with a controller or something. 

Well to me, the average-high numbers across usual Halo streams translates into a poor approach by 343 regarding the early release.

Maybe if 343 built up excitement properly and didn't let people stream the game until the actual release date, then a lot of people would gather to watch at the same time to see what's going on... but no. Had a week of campaign gameplay on Twitch that no one wanted to watch because of spoilers (so now everyone is avoiding that), and we also have a bunch of people who aren't even aware this game's MP can be streamed on Twitch unless they kept up on social media or Halo news (which they most likely don't because of the inevitable spoilers).

All in all, I'm not impressed with how 343 handled Halo 5 media at all leading up to the launch. A lot of things could have been done better.

Also the marketing for this game, while decent, hasn't been anywhere near the Halo 3 "believe" campaign. All we get is Call of Duty'ish type of advertising now of just explosions. 

You do realize he said he's going to be playing it a lot, right? So if anything he could be considered a Halo streamer -- I see absolutely nothing wrong with that, at all.

Again, I didn't say there was anything wrong with it at all. I just find it humorous.

Edit: to add to that, I think it's a good thing because what halo is lacking is personality in the streamer department. Hate on me all you want but I think what halo needs most is new faces pushing the game. The current pros streaming are all old school halo players and will constantly compare Halo 5 with 1-3. You can tell they aren't enjoying it as much as watching someone like summit or sp00n playing, which doesn't help the game out that much imo. Nothing wrong with them doing that, I understand it. But 343 is changing the game, and I'd rather get more streamers who are really popular playing it that actually are having a pleasurable time playing the game without nit picking about what they don't like compared to previous Halos, even if they are correct. Sadly, it's a completely different game now. Doesn't make it bad, but different. I can judge how good/bad it is when I play it for myself. If it sucks, personally, I'm selling my xbox.