CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

He got steaked on Empire, didn't know how to use the Plasma Caster, lost 90% of the OS' to the other team, and complained about map design after the game.

This is why I never liked him.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It ruins the live experience, like he just said

The reactions of the players won't be synced with the action in game

You can add a delay to player cams to sync up with gameplay for live stream, in game audience can either watch a direct feed or just deal with the delay.

How are you gonna commentate on a match happening in front of you when the actual video is 30 seconds behind?

What are you talking about... the commentators will be on sync with what is on their screen... which will be the Spectator mode (if they choose to use it).

You can add a delay to player cams to sync up with gameplay for live stream, in game audience can either watch a direct feed or just deal with the delay.

What are you talking about... the commentators will be on sync with what is on their screen... which will be the Spectator mode (if they choose to use it).

Yeah, but the reaction of the players in front of the stage will still happen 15 seconds before the crowd knows what's going on, and it spoil pretty much everything for the crowd.

Honestly, this spectator delay isn't worth it and they should keep with the old format.

Just heard roy say something along the lines of the small skill gap being a good thing.... That was unexpected haha 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yup, this is what people don't understand.

In Halo 1 you could get a killtacular (4 kills) without reloading. I don't think I've ever seen it done, however it IS possible.

In Halo 2 and 3 you could get a triple kill with the BR without reloading.

In Halo Reach you could get a triple kill with the DMR without reloading.

Now we have a pistol with a 12 round magazine but requires reloading after only 2 kills.

We've gone from a weapon that could kill 4 players in one magazine to a weapon that can only get 2.5.

Stupid.

but it's the pistol pyro, we don't need an appropriate magazine size , or a decent zoom, why are you so entitled  :kappa:

Yeah, but the reaction of the players in front of the stage will still happen 15 seconds before the crowd knows what's going on, and it spoil pretty much everything for the crowd.

Honestly, this spectator delay isn't worth it and they should keep with the old format.

What is shown to the crowd does not have to equal what is shown to a broadcast on the internet.

What is shown to the crowd does not have to equal what is shown to a broadcast on the internet.

Except the reactions of the crowd are shown and they are not going to be nearly as good if they can tell the outcomes from the player's reactions.

I have no idea what you mean. I seriously cannot fathom the situation you are talking about. Sorry if I'm a dolt. As far as I can tell, you're saying live broadcasters will be, say, 30 seconds ahead of the action we'll be seeing as spectators from spectator mode... but, if this was their setup, the obvious solution is that the broadcaster's voice is delayed 30 seconds as well to the live broadcast. Or, the more likely setup is that the broadcasters just cast based upon the screens in front of them... showing spectator mode. In which case voice and video will be perfectly aligned, just like always. Somehow I must be misunderstanding, though. 

Because it will work a different way than it used to we have to revolt. 

Depends on the map.

No like legit the whole slayer gametype has no power ups

Just heard roy say something along the lines of the small skill gap being a good thing.... That was unexpected haha 

Wouldn't be a new Halo game if there wasn't a stupid pro quote to go along with it.

• Upvote (+1) 6

or 343 can just have the foresight to anticipate such bush league problems 

you're pushing h5 as an esports game, you're funding and creating this entire league based upon lan tournaments

and you don't even enable an option for no delay spectator mode .........

"just deal with it" is a pile of horseshit, whoever was in charge of that dropped the ball big time

there are no valid excuses for that oversight, i don't want to hear why they couldnt do it, they fucked up

it often seems like only half the people working at 343 know what they're doing 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Something will be out of sync unless they somehow time-delay a part of the event in post-production, which is tedious and prone to errors. 

Not true. Look at this video at 0:50. (I know it's Greenskull, sorry lol)

I guarantee I can still shit on you with my pistol if you sprint your way over to a br or dmr.

So fucking sick of reading you defending pistol starts by talking about how you're totally gonna shit on some kids.

• Upvote (+1) 7

So fucking sick of reading you defending pistol starts by talking about how you're totally gonna shit on some kids.

"just wait until you have the game before knocking the pistol!"

-says the guy who also doesn't have the game 

:ghost:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not true.

Regret has an OS Bottom Mid on all gametypes

Truth has a Camo on all gametypes

The Rig has Camo 

There are plenty others too.

It's about as ridiculous as anything else said in here.

Just trying to fit in man!

lol

He's played the game though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, what an idiot!

or 343 can just have the foresight to anticipate such bush league problems 

you're pushing h5 as an esports game, you're funding and creating this entire league based upon lan tournaments

and you don't even enable an option for no delay spectator mode .........

"just deal with it" is a pile of horseshit, whoever was in charge of that dropped the ball big time

there are no valid excuses for that oversight, i don't want to hear why they couldnt do it, they fucked up

343 really did mess up on the spectator delay on LAN and asking leagues to work around it is unfair. They should use the old format until 343 creates a spectator mode that's up to standard and worth using for leagues.