CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Ogre 2 drops pistol for BR. Interesting

Honestly, I'd do the same since the Pistol still needs a buff. It hardly kills faster, is much harder to use and has a limited rrr. The DMR straight up outclasses the Pistol in everything but animations

The intention of 343 seems to be that AR starts in 5 are a mix of A4xR and BR starts in previous Halo games. You spawn with weapons that aren't worthless, but players who pick up a weapon on the map besides a power weapon have an advantage

• Upvote (+1) 1

All the playlists right now are prerelease playlists. Participants will keep their CSR for these playlists in their service record history but when we replace them with launch playlists they'll start over again with placement matches, as though a new season has started.

Thanks for the answer. I'm assuming SR and REQ is kept then?

I find it funny that Roy had both a BR and a Pistol but was using the Pistol

c995364b1856a258991e9056dab271e3.png

Roy said after the game that he forgot he had a BR.

Roy said after the game that he forgot he had a BR.

I would too if I had the pistol  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

So does someone have a link that proves these theatre mode assumptions, or it is just another thing someone dug out their ass crack and said "they told me to post this here"? Like that guy with the supposed story spoiler

Forgive the laziness, but has anything been confirmed about this theater mode business with all the depth of field features and whatnot? I see some people mentioning theater but not much about the extra bits. Anything to go on at all?

-_- and there goes most of my hype. This game has barebone offerings besides campaign at launch. Theater sucks, no playlists, breakout in team arena, no classic gametypes even in CUSTOM GAMES, no BTB at launch, no forge, no post-game lobby or medals in carnage report. The hell is going on here?

Legit afraid this game is gonna die quick like Halo 4 but for entirely different reasons.

This really makes you wonder what the fuck 343 have been doing the past few years.

"Good thing this thing has a big clip" - Ogre 2 about pistol. lol

I've got a big clip for you.

iOSHwd9.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lethul and Mikwen's Pistol gameplay shows how viable this thing is. Just from Day 1 I see them being top players in terms of gunplay.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm probably gonna avoid pro player opinions until at least late next week.

Feel like h2a spoiled them :p

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Lethul and Mikwen's Pistol gameplay shows how viable this thing is. Just from Day 1 I see them being top players in terms of gunplay.

Impressed by Arkanum's and Ogre 2's pistol as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lettuce look at what Halo Reach launched with over 5 years ago:

Slayer

CTF/neutral flag

Oddball/3 ball/hot potato

King of the Hill/crazy king

Assault/neutral bomb

Infection/safe havens/alpha zombie

Headhunter

Territories/3 plot

Juggernaut

Stockpile

Invasion/Invasion slayer

Race/Rocket race

Griffball

Firefight with an infinite amount of customization.

Also a working theater, forge, & fileshare.

Now I probably missed some, but there are well over 20 launch gametypes, along with forge.

How could anybody think that the meager offering Halo 5 has is acceptable?

To be fair they had 6 years of console development to ride off of.

New console could be a factor.

Lethul was really destroying from what I saw from his stream. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Impressed by Arkanum's and Ogre 2's pistol as well.

Yup, I definitely saw Og landing some Perfects in the killfeed.

Ryanoob be strugglin.

Yup, I definitely saw Og landing some Perfects in the killfeed.

Ryanoob be strugglin.

Is that why he's been so moany all day? Lol git gud Ryanoob.

Yeah I have 54.8 just easier to say 55 and round it up lmao

@@adamisgood yeah hopefully. I'm not sure dude :/

By the way guys. Even tho my game said 55gb it didn't download the update. I had to restart my Xbox again today then it randomly started. Just a heads up for people who didn't see it actually download.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is that why he's been so moany all day? Lol git gud Ryanoob.

He got steaked on Empire, didn't know how to use the Plasma Caster, lost 90% of the OS' to the other team, and complained about map design after the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I just heard a pro said theres no power ups I'm slayer? Is this true?

So I just heard a pro said theres no power ups I'm slayer? Is this true?

Depends on the map.

• Upvote (+1) 1

All the playlists right now are prerelease playlists. Participants will keep their CSR for these playlists in their service record history but when we replace them with launch playlists they'll start over again with placement matches, as though a new season has started.

You mentioned a long while back that tuning weapons should be a much easier thing to do in Halo 5. I'm curious what variables you can actually tune? Damage, RoF, Range, Magazine Size?

• Upvote (+1) 2

He got steaked on Empire, didn't know how to use the Plasma Caster, lost 90% of the OS' to the other team, and complained about map design after the game.

That map design is just.. just.. #indescribable  :kappa:

sorry I won't let it go 

• Upvote (+1) 2

How are you gonna commentate on a match happening in front of you when the actual video is 30 seconds behind?

I have no idea what you mean. I seriously cannot fathom the situation you are talking about. Sorry if I'm a dolt. As far as I can tell, you're saying live broadcasters will be, say, 30 seconds ahead of the action we'll be seeing as spectators from spectator mode... but, if this was their setup, the obvious solution is that the broadcaster's voice is delayed 30 seconds as well to the live broadcast. Or, the more likely setup is that the broadcasters just cast based upon the screens in front of them... showing spectator mode. In which case voice and video will be perfectly aligned, just like always. Somehow I must be misunderstanding, though.