CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Whens the last time a streamer got 10,000 by themselves playing Halo? Props to Summit.. Somehow Quake was higher in the viewer lists though, maybe theres a tournament going on? I never really understood the massive fanbases some of these guys have, even in dead games compared to our top Halo people. I respect the grind though, and always enjoy snipedown and roy's streams.

People have been burned by Halo a lot recently. Makes sense why they don't seem to care. I mean, Halo 4 and MCC? If I wasn't a die hard Halo fan from the beginning I wouldn't be giving Halo 5 a chance. 

Summit is Global Elite in CS so that's why he has a huge following. That, and he's just a cool dude who streams often. 

"The BR is just a better all around starting weapon. It makes the engagements more long range, among other things..." - Roy

• Upvote (+1) 2

Strongholds really needs an increase in score to win. 100 ends way too quickly imo.

Agreed. 200 or 250 would be perfect.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh yeah fuck those guys because it doesn't appeal to you right? Also fuck the people who want a difficult sniper. You know what, fuck the people who want Elites in Matchmaking. Hey, you know about those guys who'd love to find some Assault in Matchmaking? Fuck 'em too.

...and before you realize it, you're alienating everyone from your game except from a few people who aren't really passionate about the game in the first place and will move on from Halo 5 for the next mainstream shooter release.

So fuck the guys that got the game early? Your point doesn't make sense.

"The BR is just a better all around starting weapon. It makes the engagements more long range, among other things..." - Roy

Ryanoob didn't like the Pistol either... or the maps.

Is APG the only pro-Pistol pro?

Edit: Randa likes it. 

The only streamer that I care about is Trick2G because he cracks me up, and has expanded my trash talk vocabulary. On top of that he helped show me what I was doing wrong in League.

I used to like Day9 for Starcraft, Tom Brady for MK, and I would watch Lirik when he would play whatever.

I've never once liked anyone from Twitch or Youtube or MLG or 343 that tried to talk and show me Halo at the same time. I like Ogre 2 and Naded because they don't bullshit much and they don't try and make me laugh. That's about it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've always liked radar because I get scared without it

#unpopular opinion

Halo is actually a horror game, you've been playing it wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So, there's no theater mode, right? At least not at launch?

There is theater. You just can't save clips or films.

So basically, you load up theater, go to the clip you want to save, and record it directly to your Xbox One with the record that feature.

I know this is kind of off topic seeing as everyone is discussing multiplayer, but I was in Ryanoob's stream a couple of hours ago and someone typed what the ending of H5 is without any kappas or anything implying that he or she was joking. So is there anyone that has had the misfortune of being spoiled that I can DM for a confirmation or denial?

(Example) Me: Blank happened?

User: No.

User: Yes.

Note that I would check the spoiler thread myself, but the possibility of having what was typed in his chat not being the real ending thus causing me to spoil myself would make me even more irritated than I already am.

Oh yeah fuck those guys because it doesn't appeal to you right? Also fuck the people who want a difficult sniper. You know what, fuck the people who want Elites in Matchmaking. Hey, you know about those guys who'd love to find some Assault in Matchmaking? Fuck 'em too.

...and before you realize it, you're alienating everyone from your game except from a few people who aren't really passionate about the game in the first place and will move on from Halo 5 for the next mainstream shooter release.

Ding ding ding!

I still don't support playable elites though

Whens the last time a streamer got 10,000 by themselves playing Halo? Props to Summit.. Somehow Quake was higher in the viewer lists though, maybe theres a tournament going on? I never really understood the massive fanbases some of these guys have, even in dead games compared to our top Halo people. I respect the grind though, and always enjoy snipedown and roy's streams.

DreadzTV, who has ~250,000 followers, is streaming QL right now. That's why it's above H5 in viewership right now.

Roy said he hates radar, so at least he isn't one of THOSE guys.

I don't think Pros are going to like the pistol for a while. They seem to be the group of people in Halo that likes change the least. They probably don't like missing shots. It's a change for them.

So basically, you load up theater, go to the clip you want to save, and record it directly to your Xbox One with the record that feature.

And here I thought MCC's theater was trash...

I know this is kind of off topic seeing as everyone is discussing multiplayer, but I was in Ryanoob's stream a couple of hours ago and someone typed what the ending of H5 is without any kappas or anything implying that he or she was joking. So is there anyone that has had the misfortune of being spoiled that I can DM for a confirmation or denial?

nice mUser: No.

nice mUser: Yes.

Note that I would check the spoiler thread myself, but the possibility of having what was typed in his chat not being the real ending thus causing me to spoil myself would make me even more irritated than I already am.

if you want to read the worst possible summary for the story made by a guy named greanleaf check that thread.. it may not even be the true story... just a note... but when someone puts they told me before posting something expect bullshit.

So fuck the guys that got the game early? Your point doesn't make sense.

No. I'm saying that having the game early should be an advantage on its own by learning the game ahead of other people, not by having a higher rank and all sorts of misc advantages when the game launches.

Good on the people who can play it early, but other people shouldn't get screwed over in terms of grind.

Roy said he hates radar, so at least he isn't one of THOSE guys.

I don't think Pros are going to like the pistol for a while. They seem to be the group of people in Halo that likes change the least. They probably don't like missing shots. It's a change for them.

The best possible scenario would be for 343 to force the pros to stick with AR/Magnum starts until some people get really good with it. These people will start melting BRs since they can actually aim.

Then everyone clamors for the removal of Magnum starts since it's OP and BR users can't stand a chance.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

343's adding and removing cool new features is painfully reminding me of Gamefreak.

>Implements trainer customization into Pokemon

>Removes it the next game

If I wasn't on mobile, there'd be a Goldenboy emote here...

Ryanoob didn't like the Pistol either... or the maps.

Is APG the only pro-Pistol pro?

Edit: Randa likes it. 

sure some might be judging it on what it looks like, however spawning with a shit zoom precision weapon isn't flash.

Is there at least a temporary history, or do you have to record it right after the game?

Also, can't you only record for 5 minutes?

That's so stupid...    I liked being able to go to my temporary history and saving H4 films without having to leave my lobby to go record a game....  DUMBBBBBB. 

DreadzTV, who has ~250,000 followers, is streaming QL right now. That's why it's above H5 in viewership right now.

The real test is to see where Halo viewership will be a month from now.