CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So no odd ball or richochet or KOTH or anything? 

Halo 5 Arena has four game modes:

• Slayer
  • Strongholds
  • CTF
  • Breakout

Warzone has two:

• Warzone
  • Warzone Assault

Sooo much Halo stuff to watch my mind is going crazy 

3 days of work until i have 7 days of PTO to play Halo like an adult 

Yea hope they come in hot with extraction, oddball, assault, etc quickly. At least for custom games. 

Is there any YouTube footage of the Pro Team's playing?

I dont believe so, but check snipedown, chig, or lethuls twitch channel. They were playing this morning and may have the previous casts up on their channel. 

EDIT: and Roy is streaming as we speak. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly can't believe we're launching with 3 competitive gametypes after H2As infamous 3 map cycle.

• Upvote (+1) 1

• Slayer
  • Strongholds
  • CTF
  • Breakout
That is embarassing, what year is this....
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Bro, you haven't even played all 3 gametypes!! For all you know they could be all we ever need!! 

/s

• Downvote (-1) 4

it's the next generation console year what did you expect? Games this gen released without campaign and other things

what did you expect?

More than 4 gametypes

I guess 4 is better than 3, right frankie? Ha...haha... *starts to cry*

• Upvote (+1) 1

it's the next generation console year what did you expect? Games this gen released without campaign and other things

Don't forget, core game types in multiplayer delayed for two years!

Like a certain other cross-generation sandbox game, that I've already complained about enough!

More than 4 gametypes

I guess 4 is better than 3, right frankie? Ha...haha... *starts to cry*

I really wouldn't be surprised if they tossed in Breakout to avoid having exactly 3, similar to another disappointment.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because being first to beat the progression rank is an incentive to grind the game and contributes to retaining a decent population? It's literally step 1 of any sort of decent sustain plan, as opposed holding back gametypes until people get bored of the same things, then releasing them later on. Right now, hundreds of thousands of people don't stand a chance in that race because a few lucky people got early access. Believe it or not, some people will get demotivated and opt out of the race to be the first max and not spend nearly as much time online as if it was a fair competition. This contributes to a population drop.

And FYI it's completely different than people joining in late at Christmas. The game isn't out (you specifically need an EARLY ACCESS code) and people are progressing through it. If someone chooses not to get the game until Christmas, it's just tough luck. Should have anticipated the launch.

In this situation, you can't expect the average person to anticipate and prepare themselves to obtain an early access code.

That literally effects like 50 people. And i doubt any of the people who have the game now are going to keep up with the basement dwellers who are going to race for a meaningless progression rank.

• Upvote (+1) 3

<p>

• Slayer
  • Strongholds
  • CTF
  • Breakout

Warzone has two:

• Warzone
  • Warzone Assault

You forgot SWAT.

That's what you were hyped up for? Recording clips of big team oddball custom games on Forge maps and talking shit afterwards? Listen I'm not saying we've got a perfect game on our hands but there is plenty to be excited about. Truly sorry if things like post game lobby trash talk were what you were counting on.

Way to take maybe 3 of my points out of the 10 or so I put forward. Gamemodes we've had at launch for every gamr since CE aren't here, and nearly everything isn't actually here. I want a full package, not this. Forge is a big part of Halo, same with BTB. Theater for recording clips and machinima. Post game lobbies for just talking and having a laugh or shit talking. Don't be so condescending man

I've always liked radar because I get scared without it

#unpopular opinion

• Upvote (+1) 2

You forgot SWAT.

swat shouldn't even have been in there its the worst variation of slayer.. I would have went with

Slayer

Snipers

Breakout

Ctf

Strongholds

Oddball

War zone

Warzone assault

Team doubles..

Weekend social

I really wish they would show the results of what people voted for in the feedback program survey. I want to know because I took that survey.

I've always liked radar because I get scared without it

#unpopular opinion

I like radar because I suck without it 

#AnotherUnpopularOpinion(?)

That literally effects like 50 people. And i doubt any of the people who have the game now are going to keep up with the basement dwellers who are going to race for a meaningless progression rank.

Oh yeah fuck those guys because it doesn't appeal to you right? Also fuck the people who want a difficult sniper. You know what, fuck the people who want Elites in Matchmaking. Hey, you know about those guys who'd love to find some Assault in Matchmaking? Fuck 'em too.

...and before you realize it, you're alienating everyone from your game except from a few people who aren't really passionate about the game in the first place and will move on from Halo 5 for the next mainstream shooter release.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Whens the last time a streamer got 10,000 by themselves playing Halo? Props to Summit.. Somehow Quake was higher in the viewer lists though, maybe theres a tournament going on? I never really understood the massive fanbases some of these guys have, even in dead games compared to our top Halo people. I respect the grind though, and always enjoy snipedown and roy's streams.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A lot of people who play arena don't find it fun or competitive, and it doesn't reward team play more than anything else in Halo 5.

It's radically different and brand new. It should be on its own for a while tuning the settings before being forced into HCS where people will play it for money. That and a lot of people don't want ranks decided by a game of Halo Paintball.

Kevin343.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 8