CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

What I've noticed so far while watching all the pros play.

- There should be a greater width and length on nade trails, because it can be hard to notice when you're focusing on something else (e.g. tunnel vision on an opponent). Everyone always went, "what the hell did I get killed by?", when I could see the trail on the far edge of the screen. There's no way I could've noticed it while trying to aim at someone.

- Slightly increased sound on Rocket Launcher, such as making launching the rocket and the rocket travelling slightly higher pitched and louder, so you can hear and react better when you're out of sight from each other. The sound easily drowns into all the other sounds; it should be much more distinctive.

- On the incindiary nade, make the glowing dots slightly bigger and make the glowing circles underneath the dots as one glowing circle covering the whole area of effect, since it looks like you're not going to hit them. It's a little confusing in the heat of the moment knowing how close you can be.

- The shield charging up should be increased by a second. It's fine when you're fighting close range at most situations or getting double teamed, but when there's a higher ground or two routes you can choose from in close range, or just being mid range from each other, there's no way to catch up to finish them off or cancel/pause the shield.

- Make the weapon traces more distinctive from each other. There were plenty times where you couldn't tell whether it was a Magnum or some other rifle they were using.

- There should be no notification when capturing in Stronghold, because the defender never needs to peek or pre-nade until the attacker's inside the capture point.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't understand why people don't want breakout in Team Arena. It's a really fun, competitive gametype that rewards team play. Isn't that the whole point of a competitive playlist?

A lot of people who play arena don't find it fun or competitive, and it doesn't reward team play more than anything else in Halo 5.

It's radically different and brand new. It should be on its own for a while tuning the settings before being forced into HCS where people will play it for money. That and a lot of people don't want ranks decided by a game of Halo Paintball.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can we please talk about the fact that we cannot see medals post game?

@@Sal1ent seriously...

Then what the hell are medals for then? Why does 343 do something good, and then turn around and make a stupid decision. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Then what the hell are medals for then? Why does 343 do something good, and then turn around and make a stupid decision.

Because their "stupid decisions" save them money and they realize that everyone's going to buy Halo 5 regardless of how much money they spend.

The stupid decision would be to give away profit for no return.

You can't even hate 343 anymore man.

Hey guys, neg me all you want. I hated 343 more than anyone. Now I just hate the Halo fan base.

• Downvote (-1) 9

I don't understand why people don't want breakout in Team Arena. It's a really fun, competitive gametype that rewards team play. Isn't that the whole point of a competitive playlist?

I cant tell if this is sacrasm or not.

The amount of crowd mowing the pistol does in Warzone with a team is highly entertaining to watch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would see SR getting reset so that some people don't have stacked REQ card collections on Launch for Warzone.

That's like saying they should reset it around Christmas since all the new kiddies will be at a disadvantage.

Because their "stupid decisions" save them money and they realize that everyone's going to buy Halo 5 regardless of how much money they spend.

Hey guys, neg me all you want. I hated 343 more than anyone. Now I just hate the Halo fan base.

lol dude including medals in the post game score screen has to be incredibly simple to add. theres no way it has to do with cost

People just lack patience...

lack patience...

patience...

uh don't quote me... your upset by medals as if they ever meant anything.... I got this many headshots hurray???
  • Downvote (-1) 4

One thing I find interesting is the developer decisions throughout the years to not make the competitive settings that much different from the vanilla settings. I'm intrigued seeing 343 offer both default halo and breakout in the same arena playlist considering those two modes are incredibly different from each other. Minor things we would have liked, like increased damage or movement speed were apparently going to confuse players, but this is even more drastic.

Another interesting thing is their weapon spawn system, with tiers and different mechanics for each tier. It seems like a really odd decision on their part in my opinion. It seems like it would be really confusing to a new player to understand the tiers.

I feel these things in a sense can add a bit of depth to the game but it's not in the most ideal way I'd like. An example I can give is how maybe CE's weapon spawn system will create cycles of weapons/power-ups that come up and force you to sacrifice one for another. I'd like to see the Tier system HOPEFULLY be balanced in a way that does promote constant movement, and cause in game sacrifices. I am hoping the system doesn't have a snowball effect of abuse to it, where the team controlling the dynamic weapons are able to time them safely during the moments inbetween the static spawns. Maybe that's why this system was put into place?

I didn't like the little amount of breakout i played in the beta. I'm down to try it again but i hope they're open to removing it from arena in the future because I don't think my opinion is going to change much. 

And also you could argue any playlist rewards team play so that argument is not valid to me

The amount of crowd mowing the pistol does in Warzone with a team is highly entertaining to watch.

The pistol vs your average player is absolutely devastating. When people aren't desperately trying to stay alive by escaping, strafing, boosting, jumping, firing back etc etc, they just get obliterated by pistol users. That's how it will be in warzone, and for the majority of arena games.

You mean Broadcaster mode. There is a delay from what we see, to what the live people see. Removes the hype quite a bit. 

How is this a problem????????? Elaborate on how there being a delay negatively impacts the viewing experience /at all/.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't think people are giving you negative rep cos you hate 343. It's cos your post is stupid!

• Upvote (+1) 7

How is this a problem????????? Elaborate on how there being a delay negatively impacts the viewing experience /at all/.

It ruins the live experience, like he just said

The reactions of the players won't be synced with the action in game

"Rumour has it that if you don't preorder 3 Limited Collected Editions of Halo 5, Josh Holmes breaks into your house and beats you to death with a Needler replica while you're sleeping, then spraypaints #Soon on your wall." -TeamBeyond 2015

You guys come away with some cooky shit...

• Upvote (+1) 1

How are you gonna commentate on a match happening in front of you when the actual video is 30 seconds behind?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah I'm worried Halo 5 will suffer the same fate as Titanfall. There is fucking nothing to do in the game at launch compared to the last few games.

343 are fools for having barely any gametypes at launch, and the only classic Halo one even in is CTF. Just compare it to a game like Reach.

• Upvote (+1) 2

"Rumour has it that if you don't preorder 3 Limited Collected Editions of Halo 5, Josh Holmes breaks into your house and beats you to death with a Needler replica while you're sleeping, then spraypaints #Soon on your wall." -TeamBeyond 2015

You guys come away with some cooky shit...

• Downvote (-1) 2

You mean Broadcaster mode. There is a delay from what we see, to what the live people see. Removes the hype quite a bit. 

No, we have a Spectator Mode, not a Broadcaster mode.

Broadcaster would offer no delay with a wide array of features to analyze the match (minimap, map timers, objective status, scoreboard)

Why would SR be reset?

Because being first to beat the progression rank is an incentive to grind the game and contributes to retaining a decent population? It's literally step 1 of any sort of decent sustain plan, as opposed holding back gametypes until people get bored of the same things, then releasing them later on. Right now, hundreds of thousands of people don't stand a chance in that race because a few lucky people got early access. Believe it or not, some people will get demotivated and opt out of the race to be the first max and not spend nearly as much time online as if it was a fair competition. This contributes to a population drop.

And FYI it's completely different than people joining in late at Christmas. The game isn't out (you specifically need an EARLY ACCESS code) and people are progressing through it. If someone chooses not to get the game until Christmas, it's just tough luck. Should have anticipated the launch.

In this situation, you can't expect the average person to anticipate and prepare themselves to obtain an early access code.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah I'm worried Halo 5 will suffer the same fate as Titanfall. There is fucking nothing to do in the game at launch compared to the last few games.

343 are fools for having barely any gametypes at launch, and the only classic Halo one even in is CTF. Just compare it to a game like Reach.

So no odd ball or richochet or KOTH or anything? 

Nope, sad day.

I feel you i am crying inside the first time i ever get a game early, i can't even play the thing i love the most about it.