CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I meant as in, we all get to play super early on Sunday night/Monday morning because it will be 12AM, 27th in Australian time zone?

I'm talking specifically about when the whitelist will be removed for people who own the game outside of the press.

The game itself will unlock when the first time zone in your region hits midnight.

I'm talking specifically about when the whitelist will be removed for people who own the game outside of the press.

Like myself who has the game pre-ordered and downloaded? Or only people that had hard copies?

Like myself who has the game pre-ordered and downloaded? Or only people that had hard copies?

The whitelist is in-game. 343 need to add you to the whitelist in order to access campaign and multiplayer while connected to Xbox Live. That will be removed late Sunday/early Monday (probably).

It doesn't matter if you have a digital or physical copy, if you aren't on 343's whitelist, you won't be able to play the campaign or multiplayer until it is removed.

Can we please talk about the fact that we cannot see medals post game?

You gotta consider how the thumb-less guests feel, though...

Although it's impossible to know at this point, id assume it would be impossible to create an Artificial Intelligence without gender. All intelligence we know of has a gender. Do you think it's possible to be genderless? Considering how it forms our frame of mind and everything?

I'm really not sure.

In-universe though, isn't she based off of an actual old dead human? So in turn is, by all means, essentially female?

gender identity is partly developed through the biological aspects of a person and the societal influence on gender development will also be skewed  because humans would react differently to non sentient persons. it is possible for them to be gender neutral or possibly evolve into a new gender though

that being said, I didn't realize Cortana was a clone of an already gendered mind. now I see why she would choose to identify as female. 

• Downvote (-1) 3

You gotta consider how the thumb-less guests feel, though...

I'm pretty sure you get a medal for spawning in h5 so that can't be the problem

• Upvote (+1) 4

gender identity is partly developed through the biological aspects of a person and the societal influence on gender development will also be skewed  because humans would react differently to non sentient persons. it is possible for them to be gender neutral or possibly evolve into a new gender though

that being said, I didn't realize Cortana was a clone of an already gendered mind. now I see why she would choose to identify as female. 

I think you're missing the broader question here. I'm asking if the mind itself can function without gender. Or if there is such a thing as a "non sentient person" or in this case, AI. Can an autonomous intelligence exist without those? It's really impossible to know at this point. I don't think there is conceivable any way for you to conclude "it is possible for them to be gender neutral or possibly evolve into a new gender"

I understand the freshman year queer studies "gender is a societal construct" stuff you're trying to get at but I don't think you're respecting the actual intricacies of the human thought process which, in making an AI, is the only model we have.

Sure, people identify as "gender neutral" but that is still in the broader context of gender as we know it today. Like just think about the fact that they have to identify as "gender neutral" rather than that being default. It seems to be to be more reactionary than anything. So I still think an AI would have to have some sense of gender even if it decided to identify as gender neutral.

I just don't get how a game designed for competitive play could lack an ESSENTIAL post game stat stream. How are we supposed to see how many snipes we got? How do we show off when we get an overkill? You could just lie and say you got an overkill and nobody would know otherwise. Its so dumb.

Halo 3 would show the top 3 most impressive medals in the post game screen. If someone got an exterm or a killtrocity, everyone knew.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think you're missing the broader question here. I'm asking if the mind itself can function without gender. Or if there is such a thing as a "non sentient person" or in this case, AI. Can an autonomous intelligence exist without those? 

Certain Transformers say "yes" to that question.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wait, how didn't you know that? That's like, a really big deal about her.

I just don't get how a game designed for competitive play could lack an ESSENTIAL post game stat stream. How are we supposed to see how many snipes we got? How do we show off when we get an overkill? You could just lie and say you got an overkill and nobody would know otherwise. Its so dumb.

Halo 3 would show the top 3 most impressive medals in the post game screen. If someone got an exterm or a killtrocity, everyone knew.

I'm excited about getting to the post-game lobby to chit chat with everyone I just played with/against (maybe join up and play together) and look at the medals I've earned through the course of the match.

Oh wait... 

You can't...

Seems odd to take something out that's been in the game since the beginning.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think you're missing the broader question here. I'm asking if the mind itself can function without gender. Or if there is such a thing as a "non sentient person" or in this case, AI. Can an autonomous intelligence exist without those? It's really impossible to know at this point. I don't think there is conceivable any way for you to conclude "it is possible for them to be gender neutral or possibly evolve into a new gender"

I understand the freshman year queer studies "gender is a societal construct" stuff you're trying to get at but I don't think you're respecting the actual intricacies of the human thought process which, in making an AI, is the only model we have.

Sure, people identify as "gender neutral" but that is still in the broader context of gender as we know it today. Like just think about the fact that they have to identify as "gender neutral" rather than that being default. It seems to be to be more reactionary than anything. So I still think an AI would have to have some sense of gender even if it decided to identify as gender neutral.

what do you think the illuminati is trying to do?
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Can we please talk about the fact that we cannot see medals post game?

@@Sal1ent seriously...

Don't worry it'll be patched in next year. It's all according to plan for sustainability. 

I'm excited about getting to the post-game lobby to chit chat with everyone I just played with/against (maybe join up and play together) and look at the medals I've earned through the course of the match.

Oh wait... 

You can't...

Seems odd to take something out that's been in the game since the beginning.

0sSpCy0.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4