CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Damn do people on this forum like to complain

complaints that led to so many changes over the years....never settle for less

• Upvote (+1) 6

Because you'd have to remove the carbine, DMR, and light rifle too.

Also, people don't feel the pistol finishes off kills well enough at range.

Except you don't need to remove all of them. The only one people are saying is super easy is the br. I could maybe see removing light rifle as well but dmr seems fine from what I have seen and carbine is on like no maps so don't have a lot to go off of with it.

The issue with the br isn't that it kills faster or something (it doesn't pistol actually does) but that it is easier than all other options to use. Pistol and dmr as a pickup could fix all the issues people are discussing while still keeping hard to use utility weapons instead of an easy to use one

Except you don't need to remove all of them. The only one people are saying is super easy is the br. I could maybe see removing light rifle as well but dmr seems fine from what I have seen and carbine is on like no maps so don't have a lot to go off of with it.

DMR is a monster, it fires quickly, and has a super long RRR. It out classes the pistol too.

"I know I won't like strongholds"

Lol, pretty sure fire way to make your opinion irrelevant. Close minded.

I played the gametype in the goddamn beta. How is that close-minded? 

• Upvote (+1) 4

DMR is a monster, it fires quickly, and has a super long RRR. It out classes the pistol too.

It fires at the same rate as the pistol.

At range but up close the pistol is probably stronger. The br basically is good for every situation. Why keep it?

The fact that top pro players are streaming this and its not even breaking the front page on twitch is a little concerning.

"I know I won't like strongholds"

Lol, pretty sure fire way to make your opinion irrelevant. Close minded.

Isn't it overly simplistic to assume that under no circumstances can anyone be certain of anything until they have experienced it for themselves? 

I've never been a one-eyed double amputee, but I'm pretty sure I don't need to poke out my eye and cut off my legs to be sure that I prefer my life the way it is now.

Apparently my opinion on the matter is irrelevant, though. Damn

• Upvote (+1) 6

The fact that top pro players are streaming this and its not even breaking the front page on twitch is a little concerning.

Ya, I was thinking that to. I remember watching pre release bloodborne and it was close to the top of twitch.

Can someone just test the damn radar already to see if you don't show up with normal movement. The radius is so small that by the time someone is within range they are already firing their gun or thrusting.

This rumor has circulated for too long and if its true that normal movement doesn't show up on Radar then Radar is perfectly acceptable as a way to punish Sprinters (in my opinion).

It just needs to be tested to see if its true.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think I'll enjoy Swords only in Halo 5... 

"Have you even played it yet!!!!11!!????"

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The issue with the br isn't that it kills faster or something (it doesn't pistol actually does) but that it is easier than all other options to use. Pistol and dmr as a pickup could fix all the issues people are discussing while still keeping hard to use utility weapons instead of an easy to use one

people are not complaining because it's easy, they're complaining because they are noticeably superior, which those 3 still are.

BR has a slower killtime, but pistol has a shitty aim down sights zoom and lacks the potency all the other weapons have, it loses trades outside of close range.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pro players are not popular streamers relative to the screaming idiots that populate the front page.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Console games generally don't fare well on Twitch (Destiny, Fifa, and a couple of others being exceptions), I wouldn't read too much into it.

At range but up close the pistol is probably stronger. The br basically is good for every situation. Why keep it?

no BR still loses close range, just the pistol drops off at really close range, since truth, regret, fathom, eden, coliseum and to a lesser extent empire are all open with a lot of medium and long range sightlines then they lose trades

even in the beta when the pistol was stronger, whenever i faced actual good players i just picked up a br, dmr, light rifle and out-traded anyone using the pistol..and the beta pistol was stronger then.

I Created a tweet to support No Radar in Competitive game modes for Halo 5 and HCS. 

https://twitter.com/TheRealFizzor/status/657585870103560192

As far as everything else I'm really starting to like the balance and flow of Halo 5. 

BR start in Competitive? Maybe?

Anyone have any initial thoughts of H5 after watching people play?

radar off, pistol buffed to get a better zoom and 4sk imo

• Upvote (+1) 1

Meanwhile Chig 2gre and LBX have won 2 Rig Strongholds games 100-99. Hype!

"But the gametype is bad"

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It fires at the same rate as the pistol.

And it's a lot easier to aim... We've been through this with the BR vs Pistol debate.