CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

This. Radar set up like that actually seems beneficial to competitive play.

How? It's not beneficial to anyone who isn't camping.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I enjoy how people are like, "I'm okay with adding 5,000 incredibly stupid things to Halo as long as we can make them marginally less stupid, stop being so pessimistic." That's still a large net positive of stupid.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This. Radar set up like that actually seems beneficial to competitive play.

it discourages the use of mechanics that the maps are balanced around, so I don't think it would really work out.

23c691a5db7d83796cb0c2664fa1342e.png

:cry:

...Isn't that what the matchmaking system is for ==' 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How? It's not beneficial to anyone who isn't camping.

I enjoy how people are like, "I'm okay with adding 5,000 incredibly stupid things to Halo as long as we can make them marginally less stupid, stop being so pessimistic." That's still a large net positive of stupid.

First, sprint and radar, but next 343 will figure out how we can "nerf" loadouts to a point where people really won't mind them enough to hate them.

• Upvote (+1) 2

23c691a5db7d83796cb0c2664fa1342e.png

:cry:

Makes sense. Watching a bunch of different streams today, if any of these guys went up against decent players they would be getting destroyed. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So when do people get to play that have an early copy?

Like non-media early copies? Monday probably.

Sure but I doubt there are enough people playing right now to have fast and competitive matches.

So when do people get to play that have an early copy?

If you mean a physical copy it looks like on release like everyone else.

id actually support radar if it doesn't show normal movement and shooting. That would really fuck sprint

Man this would be sooo tricky.

-Shooting and normal movement does not show on radar.

-Spartan abilities and sprint show up on radar.

This would add to meta in my opinion. 

With so few people playing the matchmaking won't be very accurate today

Like non-media early copies? Monday probably.

Sure but I doubt there are enough people playing right now to have fast and competitive matches.

Not if they invited the top 8 teams into halo 5 XD

It seems like there's either invis or OS on every map! Now if only they weren't apparently scared to put both on one map..

It seems like there's either invis or OS on every map! Now if only they weren't apparently scared to put both on one map..

Eden has both.

another red flag...

First, sprint and radar, but next 343 will figure out how we can "nerf" loadouts to a point where people really won't mind them enough to hate them.

ost that kind of what happened with warzone, you have to get points for everything.

No radar is an obvious thing. There's going to be an hcs playlist at some point with no radar

i just like to put things in perspective, the only thing people are bitching about is if hcs will have radar...

not sprint, abilities, weapons, maps ect

but fucking radar LMAO. this game must be good if that is what people are crying about XD

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's ok we'll just For.........

Honestly from what I've watched so far I wanna play this game a lot more now.

Man this would be sooo tricky.

-Shooting and normal movement does not show on radar.

-Spartan abilities and sprint show up on radar.

This would add to meta in my opinion. 

A competitive arena game should never give an advantage to the slower moving player.

Edit: fixed for @Sitri

Some of you guys should think before you post.

Halo eSports is pretty in the whole right now. Making the game accessible while also having a pretty decent skillgap will go a LONG way towards increasing playerbase and viewership.

Complaining about this is destructive.

As far as radar goes, I'd HOPE since they covered up the radar at the GC invi means they won't have it during HCS tourneys, if they do? Well, just voice your opinion to @@Sal1ent.

And to the guy who said "lol AR starts", can't wait to REQ you w/ the pistol come Tuesday.

there's a fine line between accessible and skill gap.

Street Fighter is a super accessible game, high skill gap.

CSGO, not as accessible because the actual act of shooting is hard, as it should be, and it's got a high skill gap.

Halo... accessible... shooting challenge is to be seen, high skill gap... still to be seen.

it discourages the use of mechanics that the maps are balanced around, so I don't think it would really work out.

I think that's fine. It forces you to either think or wait in order to use these non-Halo abilities.

I wouldn't mind if it was only sprinting or shooting that triggered the radar, though.

I believe I saw both on Eden, but only for Strongholds. Some maps seem to have different layouts for that mode.

A competitive game should never give an advantage to the slower moving player.

Counter Strike does.

id actually support radar if it doesn't show normal movement and shooting. That would really fuck sprint

Sorry, accidental neg.