CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I just realised that if this game flops, Halo will have been killed by the Guardians.

guardian_610death.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5

For me, personal ordnance is even worse if you don't take into account that it can be disabled.

Well, they're both terrible ideas, but considering you can't get rid of sprint I think it's worse. Also there's less chance they'll get rid of sprint than PO as there are quite a lot of people who actually want sprint for whatever reason.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well, they're both terrible ideas, but considering you can't get rid of sprint I think it's worse. Also there's less chance they'll get rid of sprint than PO as there are quite a lot of people who actually want sprint for whatever reason.

Yeah I agree totally.

On the topic of ADS, I highly doubt they'd try it. Canonically, the scope is linked to the Spartan's visor, letting them instantly go into scoped view. Therefore, there's no need for it in precision/scoped weapons.

With spray weapons, I can't really think of a reason against why they'd implement it, other than because it would be messy having ADS on some weapons and no ADS on others. (I do think spray weapons deserve a better skill gap, though, and they're one of the few things they should adjust from previous games. ADS, however, is not how to do it.)

• Upvote (+1) 1

They will probably keep it all in as the 8,000 or so people that still play Halo 4 are the only ones who want it all there. The 180,000+ who left obviously didn't want it there, but will probably not return even if they made it classic.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Should include the posts Frankie made on Neogaf today about the new engine and that it is going to be a completely new engine not just an iteration or building upon.

hK7c6E0.png

I feel like this said that pretty well?

• Upvote (+1) 1

ADS, not a chance. There is no way 343 would be that stupid. The red dot sight could simply just be the new look, but I wouldn't be surprised if 343 were expanding on the weapon skin idea with weapon customization. Presumably if they did that they would keep it to just cosmetic changes. no silencers or varying range scopes etc.

But my concern is if 343 are investing time into weapon customization, that could imply loadouts, it suggests it might even be the focus of the multiplayer with token arena playlists playing second fiddle. Which is the antithesis of what I want.

If it was something like in an AR, Magnum starts gametype or BR gametype and you could toggle skins and attachments that would not be too bad. Interferes with weapon recognition a bit, but not that much.

The thing people need to realize is that having one weapon instead of 10 on a customization standpoint is actually better because instead of working on different skins and such for 10 different weapons you can just focus on making them for that individual weapon, so frankly investing in weapon customization does NOT necessarily mean loadouts.

I am the only one who thinks that some people will end up disapointed after E3 in regards to Halo 5?

Reading some forums, so many people expect a ton of info and even gameplay from Halo 5 at E3. I gonna say, that this is not going to happen. Its a Fall 2015 Game. Even Bonnie said that we maybe will hear/see something from the game at the end of this year or early 2015.

I expect a Ton of Infos about the 2014 Plans. But about Halo 5? Not much, maybe a CGI teaser/trailer again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Due to being so upset about halo 4 I'm trying hard not to buy into the hype but it's hard due to how much I love halo.. Yup I have a halo 5 wallpaper, hype train yo!!!

• Upvote (+1) 3

hK7c6E0.png

I feel like this said that pretty well?

so what's the difference between using a new engine with bits of code from the old engine and heavily modifying the old engine? the end result of both is the same.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am the only one who thinks that some people will end up disapointed after E3 in regards to Halo 5?

Reading some forums, so many people expect a ton of info and even gameplay from Halo 5 at E3. I gonna say, that this is not going to happen. Its a Fall 2015 Game. Even Bonnie said that we maybe will hear/see something from the game at the end of this year or early 2015.

I expect a Ton of Infos about the 2014 Plans. But about Halo 5? Not much, maybe a CGI teaser/trailer again.

I'm expecting almost nothing on Halo 5 at E3. A teaser at the most like you said.

Ok, this is getting stupid now. This isn't the first time this kind of thing has happened. Does anyone remember Halo 3: ODST? No? Right, let me remind you of this beauty.

iit48RSAQPc84.png

See that SMG? It has a red dot sight on it. The same non-sense happened when people noticed this when Halo 3: ODST was being marketed.

What happens when you zoom in with the weapon?

PopularConfusedInganue.gif

You zoom in like it was a scope on a Battle Rifle, Sniper Rifle, etc. You don't ADS like Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc.

So please for the love of god stop saying Halo 5: Guardians will have ADS purely because there is what looks like a red dot sight on a piece of concept art..

Its sad you even had to explain this to people.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Its sad you even had to explain this to people.

So am I, but any excuse to get on Halo 3: ODST is a good excuse.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I don't see how burst fire means its inconsistent?

Not inconsistency, but earlier you mentioned that the addition of the BR (burst fire) as the utility gives us a higher probability of the game having competitive merit, when in reality single shot utility weapons yield a greater skill gap.

hK7c6E0.png

BULL.

Halo 2 did not use the same engine that CE did, that's absolute crap. H2 and every halo since have used Havok, and CE did not. This is very easily confirmed by looking at the box art for every halo. Since Bungie and 343 did not create Havok, it was originally built for Unreal (I believe) they had to license it. Because they had to license it, they had to be very open about it and put it on the back of the box. I just went through every halo game and guess what, they ALL say Havok on the back except Halo CE. Go figure...Not to mention the game feels 100% different in every way, it should be obvious.

Why do I constantly have to correct people who work for these games' studios? Jesus.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

BULL.

Halo 2 did not use the same engine that CE did, that's absolute crap. H2 and every halo since have used Havok, and CE did not. This is very easily confirmed by looking at the box art for every halo. Since Bungie and 343 did not create Havok, it was originally built for Unreal (I believe) they had to license it. Because they had to license it, they had to be very open about it and put it on the back of the box. I just went through every halo game and guess what, they ALL say Havok on the back except Halo CE. Go figure...Not to mention the game feels 100% different in every way, it should be obvious.

Why do I constantly have to correct people who work for these games' studios? Jesus.

tumblr_inline_mkl76tMMJ61rwnp61.gif

• Upvote (+1) 9

Havok is a Physics Engine not a Graphics Engine. Havok is widely used in every game so far... Better than Havok is Euphoria, that Physics Engine is used by Rockstar Games in combination with their R.A.G.E Engine. The Star Wars Force Unleashed games were using Euphoria too.

• Upvote (+1) 2

BULL.

tumblr_inline_mkl76tMMJ61rwnp61.gif

Ha. I think I just harbor some resentment for Frankie, as he has been involved in making this franchise steadily worse since the very beginning. I've taken his flippant attitude, incessant defending of any decision development made (no matter how unpopular) and willingness to mock the competitive community a wee bit too personally for about a decade now.

how would you guys feel if there was a beta/alpha this winter, access included with the Master Chief Collection?

That would give them a long time to respond to direct feedback from the large portion of the community that got to play the game.

how would you guys feel if there was a beta/alpha this winter, access included with the Master Chief Collection?

That would give them a long time to respond to direct feedback from the large portion of the community that got to play the game.

It would never happen. AAA titles don't get public betas this early on because it would be awful for publicity.